BORDER CROSSINGS surge this year! Why? REPs flout E-VERIFY to keep labor CHEAP!!

centerleftFL

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2018
APRIL saw another huge illegal immigrant surge. I guess Trump didn't scare them? The article below tells you why MANY risk it all to come here. An American employer in Florida URGED his immigrant employee to come back! I have work for you. I don't care if you have papers, I won't check. Please come back, I need you!

Does this employer use the DATABASE to validate LEGAL workers? E-VERIFY. Republicans and certainly no one on these boards talk about it! People don't know or DON'T want to know. Or do know and don't want a legal check of the VERY IMMIGRANTS they are screaming and raging about!

When Bill Clinton signed in NAFTA, a legal employee database was set up. It simply checks your legal status, I assume it matches up SS #'s and green cards and other official documents saying you are here legally. It was to be MANDATORY that if you hired an employee, you had put them through E VERIFY.

REPUBLICANS and IT'S STRONGEST LOBBYING ARM--the US CHAMBER OF COMMERCE

fought
E VERIFY for 20 years.
Republicans and business owners wanted a steady unending CHEAP (exploitative) labor force. They strenuously lobbied against E-VERIFY. There is overlap and schisms now of competing interest. AG business doesn't want it. Probably the restaurant businesses don't want it. Unions want it. FINALLY, some Republicans after 20 years realize they in large part created the monster and now they want it. But now there is a contentious fight, not the least of which STATES have created their own patchwork of laws because REPUBLICANS fought it's use for so long.

NO PAPERS, NO WORK! We could have stemmed the tide 20 years ago and probably halted it dead in its tracks or broughy it down to a trickle.

E VERIFY - don't know what it is? Look it up. There are volumes!

As border crossings surge, a Mexican couple tests Trump’s policies

By Kevin Sieff June 21 at 8:00 AM uEmail the author

VIIXTVSVFAI6RJWUZIOQGVSCZY.jpg

REYNOSA, Mexico — They agreed to pay the smugglers $12,000 to get to Florida. It was a package deal — with three chances to cross the border.

The first attempt had ended a week earlier, in the headlights of a Border Patrol truck on a South Texas ranch. Now it was time for attempt No. 2.

“Are you ready, love?” he asked.

“I can’t believe we have to try again,” she said.

Socorro was 55. Miguel was 52. They fell in love while pruning flowers in a northern Florida plant nursery 15 years ago, two undocumented immigrants earning minimum wage. Last year, after Donald Trump became president, they returned to Mexico, fearing deportation and the seizure of their $20,000 in savings.

Then, after a year of unemployment in their home state of Guerrero, one of the most violent in Mexico, they got a Facebook message from their American boss. Their jobs were waiting for them, he wrote, if they could make it back to Florida.

More than a year after the inauguration of a president who promised to seal the U.S. border, something surprising is happening: The number of people entering illegally from Mexican territory has jumped. Figures for apprehensions, a widely used barometer for unauthorized traffic, nearly tripled from March through May compared with the same three months in 2017. The government has intensified its crackdown on border crossers — deploying the National Guard, expanding prosecutions, separating migrant parents from children — in an aggressive attempt to stop the influx.

There are a variety of reasons for the surge. But for many migrants crossing the border, like the couple bound for Florida, their attempts are based on close analyses of Trump’s policies. The president who promised a wall, who pledged to make their lives in America impossible, has not managed to shut down the vast smuggling networks that funnel people across the border....

As border crossings surge, a Mexican couple tests Trump’s policies

Last edited:
Coming from a deranged idiots who believes the very lies they post. Tell a lie long enough idiots end up believing it.

Look at the #'s again. 2017. NOW 2018. Go ahead I dare you.

April. That’s a 2 percent increase from March, and three times the number of crossings recorded in April 2017. (Experts typically recommend looking at year-to-year changes because border crossings fluctuate by season.)

Trump Falsely Claims a 40% Decrease in Illegal Border Crossings

Last edited:
Do you JUST NOT want to know? Or once you have a # YOU LIKE, you stay with it? Are you able to get your head up your ass on all subjects, or just TRUMP??

This is APPREHENSIONS. I wasn't a math major but look at 2016. All bars in 17 and 18 are LOWER than all bars during 2015 and 2016. Now were less trying to cross--that WE KNOW OF for a period? We'll just say they were because TRUMP SAID he was gonna throw them out. Now IT'S SURGING AGAIN, April, May and June as the article states. I'll guess we'll have to wait to see the APPREHENSION #'s in a few months.

20180414_WOC240.png

Last edited:

There was one MAJOR DIP in JAN - FEB of 2017 that MIGHT account for Washington Times (the MOONIE PAPER owned by S. Korea's Unification Church--in case you don't know) 70% drop stat. Other than that there is NO WAY you have anything like 70% overall since Trump has been in office. IT IS BULLSHIT!

Here's the graph. It won't c&p into the post.

They're up, because they know Trump's economy is so much better than Obama's and there are more jobs available now.

This is rocket science.

They're up, because they know Trump's economy is so much better than Obama's and there are more jobs available now.

This is rocket science.

Tryt again. Look at the CHART from the previous 3 years. There are peaks & valleys to their patterns. DIPS at the beginning of all the years on the chart. ONE MAJOR dip for the first 2 months Trump was in office

Get your ruler out if your eyes don't work. There's nothing particularly UNIQUE for the past 3 months. Bottom line, they're coming just like they did under OBAMA. In the most interesting # on this charge was the SPIKE under Obama in 2014 and I'll be damned if I can remember what was going on then.

Forum List

Back