Booze: New revenue for everyone?

zzzz

Just a regular American
Jul 24, 2010
Yountsville
Even colleges are getting into the booze. Places are getting rid of the old laws wanting more people to drink so they can get the tax money. Could we see a return of lower age drinking?

Fans of the Louisiana State University Tigers will soon be drinking Bandit Blonde, a beer whose name refers to a famous 1950s football defense. Made by a local brewery under a special licensing agreement, it puts money into the university coffers with every swig.

The beer will be sold on tap and in gold-and-purple cans at bars, restaurants and stores around Louisiana. The university will get royalties of between 6 and 8 percent, said Charles D’Agostino, executive director of the university’s Louisiana Business and Technology Center.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/29/us/alcohol-laws-eased-to-raise-tax-money.html?_r=1&hp
BanditBlonde_08032011_curves.png

The 21 drinking age is a bit hypocritical.

There should be one legal age for everything. I don't care what it is, 18, 21 whatever but we should pick one and be consistent.

That said I bet college brand beer sucks.

There should be one legal age for everything. I don't care what it is, 18, 21 whatever but we should pick one and be consistent.

When I was in high school ('73), Dan Walker was running for governor(IL). I asked him at a public forum why I was required to register for the draft, but couldn't sit in a bar and have a beer.

Yup college brand- they take some low priced swill and re-brand it.
Re: Illini Beer. Must be a collectible now - the "Chief" was banned.
Ban the Chief!

The 21 drinking age is a joke because all that does is make the younger people want to drink more, plus alcohol is not that difficult to obtain, I used to drink vodka and orange juice in high school whenever I felt like it.

Way OT but what the fuck.

So- Chief Illiniwek was banned from the U of I campus and the likeness is no longer used on official merchandise. Racist and all that it is. :rolleyes:

For years the anti-Chief crowd used the slogan "Ban The Chief!"

So I came up with my own anti-anti Chief slogan "Chan The Beef!"
Thought of making t-shirts but the idea went nowhere.

chanscanjpgeditresize.jpg

Even colleges are getting into the booze. Places are getting rid of the old laws wanting more people to drink so they can get the tax money. Could we see a return of lower age drinking?

Fans of the Louisiana State University Tigers will soon be drinking Bandit Blonde, a beer whose name refers to a famous 1950s football defense. Made by a local brewery under a special licensing agreement, it puts money into the university coffers with every swig.

The beer will be sold on tap and in gold-and-purple cans at bars, restaurants and stores around Louisiana. The university will get royalties of between 6 and 8 percent, said Charles D’Agostino, executive director of the university’s Louisiana Business and Technology Center.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/29/us/alcohol-laws-eased-to-raise-tax-money.html?_r=1&hp
BanditBlonde_08032011_curves.png
[/QUOTE

Say what? "Places are getting rid of the old laws"? How does that work? You mean states are encouraging college drinking so they can get .40 cents tax on a can of beer?

Colleges have been capitalizing on their fame for a long time.

So now their merchandizing their brand names to sell beer.

I can almost hear the slogans that might attach to some of these college brands.

YALE beer -- Give ELI a try.

PENN Beer -- (with a picture of a Quaker on it) Nothing is better for a drunken spree than me!

HARVARD beer - Veritas one or two back this evening!

Dartmouth -- Live Drunk or Die

Forum List

Back