Boomers. Suggest a old movie for millenials.

The Great Santini
Cool Hand Luke
Night of the Hunter
On the Waterfront
Roman Holiday

The Night of the Hunter is one of my all-time favs. Great story and though in black-and-white, the cinematography is stunning.

My eldest son is in his mid 20's and has used up all the shit politically correct, Netflix movies.
I told him, "You know, there are so many movies made before you were born which you haven't seen."
He's currently watching my suggestions.
One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest.
Platoon.
Cinema Paradiso.
Once upon a time in America,
Got any more?
The Searchers--------he needs to know that there are good and bad guys in all races...

Omega Man was a good one to get people thinking....about their morals and mortality.

Duck Soup (or most Marx Bros movies)
Arsenic & Old Lace (1942)
His Gal Friday (1940 version)
Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Forum
The Producers

The emboldened in the above and Bringing Up Baby are the very best madcap comedies of all time . . . just behind your autobiography, of course. ;)

The Out of Towners (1970 original, not the remake)

Another hilarious comedy.

Gween: "Oh, my God." :auiqs.jpg:

Omega Man was a good one to get people thinking....about their morals and mortality.

And there are no fewer than four versions of Richard Matheson's novel, I Am Legend, that have been put on film...

The Last Man on Earth (1964) - IMDb with Vincent Price

The Omega Man (1971) - IMDb with Charleton Heston

I Am Legend (2007) - IMDb with Will Smith

and

I Am Omega (Video 2007) - IMDb starring nobody I have ever heard of. This one was made for television/direct to video in 2007, the same year Will Smith's I Am Legend came out. I think someone was hoping to ride the wave...

And there are no fewer than four versions of Richard Matheson's novel, I Am Legend, that have been put on film...

and

I Am Omega (Video 2007) - IMDb starring nobody I have ever heard of. This one was made for television/direct to video in 2007, the same year Will Smith's I Am Legend came out. I think someone was hoping to ride the wave...

you don't know Mark?

Mark Dacascos - IMDb

I'm not a Boomer, but...

Blade Runner
Alien
The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly
Chinatown
Dr. Strangelove
Full Metal Jacket
Blazing Saddles

and

you don't know Mark?

Mark Dacascos - IMDb

Didn't recognize the name, but I do recognize the face. Thanks.

Forum List

Back