Boomers must appeal to the youth to save the country.

Hate and fighting - or incitement to fight - are not the answer - especially not when directed at our own.

America will be just fine as it passes from the hands of feckless boomers to those of X-Genners and Millennials.

Mind you... those next-gen types aren't really up to the job, in many respects, but, then again, neither were the Boomers, nor even the Greatest Genners.

And yet... the job got done... sometimes spectacularly... sometimes with great honor... sometimes squeaking-by... sometimes rather shabbily... but it got done.

Given that Bubba, Shrub, Obumble and Rump were all Boomers... well... perhaps Boomers should be apologizing to their successors, while they still can.

But the greatest legacy that Boomers can pass along is to tell the next bunch to keep the faith... stay loyal to American ideals... shun hatred and demagogues.

Or so it seems to this observer.

Eventually the center-right will walk away from the left forming a new government inside new borders and then the left will be in a world of shit.

...Many Boomers are retired. They can still vote but their numbers are fading.
The US post-WWII baby-bbom spanned 1946-1964... with a middle-point of 1955... those mid-pointers are retiring this year.

About half the Boomers are retired (or dead) by now.

The other half are still working, and the tail-end-charlies (the end of the run) will be retiring in the 2030-2031 time frame.

Just my personal experiences and observations, but I don’t believe younger generations are more tolerant than the boomers.

And they won't be any less if the boomers continue to try to appeal to them politically.

If people in the United States want to keep democracy and continue the traditions of America they should be prepared to fight for them. After the theft of a presidential election and the installation of a figurehead for a one-world government, it should be clear to reasonable citizens that democracy has been sold out to global corporatism. With America on the precipice of a surveillance state, time is running out. Donald Trump interrupted the timetable of democracy destruction which is why America’s intelligence agencies went all-out to manufacture false crimes against the state. The methodology would have drawn praise from every corner of totalitarian oppression in the history of human interaction.

You cannot expect the Baby Boomers to take up the fight alone, they are too old. They bear some of the guilt for the mess the world is in but not all of it. The Boomers are fading away and the truly guilty in the selfish downfall of our way of life from that generation will be shoveling coal in hell soon enough. It is up to Gen X and Millennials to carry the flag against anti-nationalism, home rule, and actual democracy. They must inform the youth of the great swindle underway at the hands of bad education and corrupted media in our society.

Bank of America, the second largest bank in the country, has established itself as a partner of the growing surveillance state in the US and the youth must be informed that that action is not just canary in a coal mine, it is a clear signal that government is on the march against the people like no other time in our history.The

If the US government Stasi that robbed the American people of their president with a heisted election goes unchecked, it could soon enslave every citizen with the threat of a watchful Big Brother empowered to cut off the economic survival of every man, woman, and child in the nation. Electronic banks accounts could be seized, credit cards inactivated, and all property of individuals dispossessed in the name of national security. The election theft was just the first step, now we are seeing the real plan after a rag-tag Capitol protest was stage managed by government to appear as an insurrection.

Boomers must appeal to the youth and tell them to resist brainwashing education and propagandized media. The future of democracy is at stake. The nation is committing suicide.

Tucker Carlson: Bank of America collected data off consumers who might have been at DC riot (washingtonexaminer.com)

Bank of America customers furious after data shared with federal investigators | Fox Business
The Boomers are done.

The Boomers are still alive and kicking, it’s the silent generation that’s done
Many Boomers are retired. They can still vote but their numbers are fading.
There are Boomers under 60. I bet more Boomers work than don’t.
Age 57 or turning that this year would be your youngest Boomer. Boomers are done. The last thing right now that they should do is try to appeal to anyone.

Well maybe in terms of power and influence they’re no longer running the show. If that’s what you mean I think there’s truth to that
No. They are running the show. Right now, they need to not "reach out" to anyone and especially not the younger generations. At least not politically. Unless everyone is real skippy about where we are now.

Quite honestly, Boomers need to let go. Especially in the House and Senate. Everyone over 70 needs to be voted out. Republicans have long been the party of "old white men". Reagan, Bush 41, Trump. Old men with old ideas of how to govern. Bush 43 was the only Republican President under the age of 60 elected in the past 40 years. Biden is the ONLY Democrat over the age of 60, elected as President since Johnson.

Democrats have generally elected younger Presidents with older VP's. The oldest Democratic Presidents - Johnson and Truman, both became President after their predecessors died while in office. Republicans have done the opposite.

I'm 71. When I was younger, I was a high achieving, hard driving, highly energetic person who was replaced by two people three times in my long career. In the 1980's, I was writing apps for my computer which enabled my secretary to complete simple functions my real estate files, basically by entering data information on the files. In the Bay Street law firms where I worked, I was one of the only two employees whose computer was configured to upload data to the law firm's electronic transaction website. Today, I can barely manage my Etsy website, and their software is very user friendly.

I am physically active, in excellent health,
If people in the United States want to keep democracy and continue the traditions of America they should be prepared to fight for them. After the theft of a presidential election and the installation of a figurehead for a one-world government, it should be clear to reasonable citizens that democracy has been sold out to global corporatism. With America on the precipice of a surveillance state, time is running out. Donald Trump interrupted the timetable of democracy destruction which is why America’s intelligence agencies went all-out to manufacture false crimes against the state. The methodology would have drawn praise from every corner of totalitarian oppression in the history of human interaction.

You cannot expect the Baby Boomers to take up the fight alone, they are too old. They bear some of the guilt for the mess the world is in but not all of it. The Boomers are fading away and the truly guilty in the selfish downfall of our way of life from that generation will be shoveling coal in hell soon enough. It is up to Gen X and Millennials to carry the flag against anti-nationalism, home rule, and actual democracy. They must inform the youth of the great swindle underway at the hands of bad education and corrupted media in our society.

Bank of America, the second largest bank in the country, has established itself as a partner of the growing surveillance state in the US and the youth must be informed that that action is not just canary in a coal mine, it is a clear signal that government is on the march against the people like no other time in our history.

If the US government Stasi that robbed the American people of their president with a heisted election goes unchecked, it could soon enslave every citizen with the threat of a watchful Big Brother empowered to cut off the economic survival of every man, woman, and child in the nation. Electronic banks accounts could be seized, credit cards inactivated, and all property of individuals dispossessed in the name of national security. The election theft was just the first step, now we are seeing the real plan after a rag-tag Capitol protest was stage managed by government to appear as an insurrection.

Boomers must appeal to the youth and tell them to resist brainwashing education and propagandized media. The future of democracy is at stake. The nation is committing suicide.

Tucker Carlson: Bank of America collected data off consumers who might have been at DC riot (washingtonexaminer.com)

Bank of America customers furious after data shared with federal investigators | Fox Business

Tucker Carlson is one of the foremost brainwashers in the nation. Quite honestly, I don't understand why FOX News still has a broadcast license. I see they dumbed Lou Dobbs this week, but someone with access to the national airwaves should have some responsibility not to lie to the American people.

Their promotion of false narratives has contributed to the reality disconnect of right wing voters. Fake conspiracies such as Benghazi, Seth Rich, Caravans, Fast & Furious and the IRS scandals were nothing burgers, and the endless investigations that followed over their lies exposed, and yet today, FOX is still promoting the lies of the Caravans of migrants, Benghazi, Democrats promote "open borders", and they were all in on the Russia Hoax, 2nd Amendment lies and endless demonization of Democrats as destructive to the nation.
That’s hilarious. You think Fox News should be silenced. So much for lefties supporting the First Amendment.

You’re delusional too. Fox News isn’t the only MSM outlet promoting lies and propaganda. The entire MSM does, including your beloved CNN, MSNBC, NYTIMES, WAPO, NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, etc, but you’re cool with them because they promote your foolish beliefs.

I don't think that any network which consistently lies and promotes a false narrative to the American people, should have an FCC Broadcast license. These billionaire owned right wing media outlets are flat out lying to the American people and it's become a real problem because people truly don't know who to believe any more.

Just as the Republican Party has an obligtion not to run candidates who don't know reality from fantasy, the FCC has an obligation to ensure that the American people aren't being lied to consistently by a network which calls itself a "News" network, or "Fair and Balanced".

Throughout the pandemic, Trump kept shovelling billions of dollars in tax cuts and interest free loans to billionaires, while American workers were lining up for boxed from food banks.

Then he lies and tells his voters he's "fighting for them".
White males being denied and forced to become impoverished helped you out immensely.

I got news for you. The Republican Party has been denying white males, for generations. Trump was the guy who was denying white males. Under Donald Trump, the gap between rich and poor widened at the fastest pace in American history. So did the wealth gap between rich and poor. 8 million people fell into poverty.

The Repubican Party since Ronald Reagan has blamed poor "urban" workers for high taxes, and low wages. But it's not the poor who are screwing you over, it's the rich. 80% of the wealth of the nation is held by the top 20% of Americans and every year that percentage is increased.

Throughout the pandemic, Trump used the funds set aside for covid relief to pad the bank accounts of billionaires and corporations, while millions of Americans are wondering how to pay the rent or feed their families.

White males are getting screwed over. Big whoop. No one cares.
White males might care.

Bank of America, the second largest bank in the country, has established itself as a partner of the growing surveillance state in the US and the youth must be informed that that action is not just canary in a coal mine, it is a clear signal that government is on the march against the people like no other time in our history.

The election was not stolen. You are the ones who tried to steal the election and install Trump as a dictator. You nutzy Nazis are the threat to this country.

Bank of America, the second largest bank in the country, has established itself as a partner of the growing surveillance state in the US and the youth must be informed that that action is not just canary in a coal mine, it is a clear signal that government is on the march against the people like no other time in our history.The

The Boomers are done.

The Boomers are still alive and kicking, it’s the silent generation that’s done
Many Boomers are retired. They can still vote but their numbers are fading.
There are Boomers under 60. I bet more Boomers work than don’t.
Age 57 or turning that this year would be your youngest Boomer. Boomers are done. The last thing right now that they should do is try to appeal to anyone.

Well maybe in terms of power and influence they’re no longer running the show. If that’s what you mean I think there’s truth to that
No. They are running the show. Right now, they need to not "reach out" to anyone and especially not the younger generations. At least not politically. Unless everyone is real skippy about where we are now.

Quite honestly, Boomers need to let go. Especially in the House and Senate. Everyone over 70 needs to be voted out. Republicans have long been the party of "old white men". Reagan, Bush 41, Trump. Old men with old ideas of how to govern. Bush 43 was the only Republican President under the age of 60 elected in the past 40 years. Biden is the ONLY Democrat over the age of 60, elected as President since Johnson.

Democrats have generally elected younger Presidents with older VP's. The oldest Democratic Presidents - Johnson and Truman, both became President after their predecessors died while in office. Republicans have done the opposite.

I'm 71. When I was younger, I was a high achieving, hard driving, highly energetic person who was replaced by two people three times in my long career. In the 1980's, I was writing apps for my computer which enabled my secretary to complete simple functions my real estate files, basically by entering data information on the files. In the Bay Street law firms where I worked, I was one of the only two employees whose computer was configured to upload data to the law firm's electronic transaction website. Today, I can barely manage my Etsy website, and their software is very user friendly.

I am physically active, in excellent health,

Tucker Carlson is one of the foremost brainwashers in the nation. Quite honestly, I don't understand why FOX News still has a broadcast license. I see they dumbed Lou Dobbs this week, but someone with access to the national airwaves should have some responsibility not to lie to the American people.

Their promotion of false narratives has contributed to the reality disconnect of right wing voters. Fake conspiracies such as Benghazi, Seth Rich, Caravans, Fast & Furious and the IRS scandals were nothing burgers, and the endless investigations that followed over their lies exposed, and yet today, FOX is still promoting the lies of the Caravans of migrants, Benghazi, Democrats promote "open borders", and they were all in on the Russia Hoax, 2nd Amendment lies and endless demonization of Democrats as destructive to the nation.
That’s hilarious. You think Fox News should be silenced. So much for lefties supporting the First Amendment.

You’re delusional too. Fox News isn’t the only MSM outlet promoting lies and propaganda. The entire MSM does, including your beloved CNN, MSNBC, NYTIMES, WAPO, NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, etc, but you’re cool with them because they promote your foolish beliefs.

I don't think that any network which consistently lies and promotes a false narrative to the American people, should have an FCC Broadcast license. These billionaire owned right wing media outlets are flat out lying to the American people and it's become a real problem because people truly don't know who to believe any more.

Just as the Republican Party has an obligtion not to run candidates who don't know reality from fantasy, the FCC has an obligation to ensure that the American people aren't being lied to consistently by a network which calls itself a "News" network, or "Fair and Balanced".

Throughout the pandemic, Trump kept shovelling billions of dollars in tax cuts and interest free loans to billionaires, while American workers were lining up for boxed from food banks.

Then he lies and tells his voters he's "fighting for them".
Permanent Washington does not care who is president so long as it is in control. The problem they had with Trump was that he was elected due to continuing mistrust of Washington and government. They underestimated Trump's chances of election and when he took over he became a loose cannon that was exposing them in their great sellout of US citizens to a new world order.

Trump angered the primary recipient of the Washington sellout, the People's Republic of China so Washington had to manufacture crimes against his administration to get rid of him. They had to incite hatred among the lowest common denominator of US society against the problematic leader and they succeeded to large degree. There are people, even highly educated people, that have been successfully propagandized to hate Trump more than Hitler.

These people are like shit-eating dogs, they can never be cured. They will never have a working relationship with reality because to do so would involve admitting they were fools.

That is a pack of lies. Trump does not care about America and was taking it in the wrong direction. No crimes werfe manufactured. Everything that happened is due to Trump. You are the shit eating dog who cleartly is off his rocker. You are the one who refuses to accept reality. Trump lost.

If we boomers have to depend on todays generation we are screwed.They are the most lazy and arrogant bunch ever.They think the world owes them a living.
All of them?
Even the trump supporters?

One could get the younger generation to look after America's interest. You can't do that by also telling to them to hate anyone and anything that doesn't look and act just like you do.

Whether you are gay, black, Hispanic or whatever, yes you are still an American.
I conferred with the judges and I think you dealt a one blow knock out to the OP.

Forum List

Back