Books into Movies

View attachment 319920

What book(s) have you read that you wish they'd do into a movie(s)?

Even if it required some editing and slight additions.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury. I don't BELIEVE it was ever made into a film. It's a wonderful book about a young boy discovering the world around him. And, atypical of most of what Mr. Bradbury wrote, not science fiction in the least bit. I believe a snippet of the book MAY have been used in an episode of the Ray Bradbury Theater TV series, but the book as a whole has never been adapted to screen.

I think Dandelion Wine would be impossible to film and capture the atmosphere of the book.

1586208120997.png

1586208146533.png

THE MOTE IN GOD'S EYE - Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle.

On a side note, how do I link a pic in this new system?

I was just getting to that one. One of my favorites by those two along with...

1586209463856.png

A joint effort book by Larry Niven, Jerry Pournelle, and Steven Barnes, called The Legacy Of Heorot would make an excellent movie.

Niven comes up with great aliens and alien worlds and this one is no exception. Well worth the read!

*****SMILE*****

1586210285417.png

Robert Heinlein's book The Door Into Summer.

This is the first science fiction book my wife ever read. She asked me to suggest some science fiction to her, since I had several hundred SFI books, and that's one of them I handed her. I lost her to Heinlein for over a month as she read all the Heinlein I had after reading it. It's a SFI time travel romance and she loved it.

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 319920

*****SMILE*****

The ship of Ishtar. It has action, romance, it has good vs evil..but the ending is epic. Would leave everyone stunned.

1010210-cover.jpg

Who's the author of this one, Jim?

A.A. Merritt, also the author of Moon Pool, and Seven footprints to Satan. Which they did make a movie out of a long time ago.

View attachment 319920

*****SMILE*****

Never do a book justice, so sad.

Had a higher lit course once in College. "Films and Lit" We would both read and watch the movie then critique. Interesting course though.

View attachment 319920

*****SMILE*****

Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury. I don't BELIEVE it was ever made into a film. It's a wonderful book about a young boy discovering the world around him. And, atypical of most of what Mr. Bradbury wrote, not science fiction in the least bit. I believe a snippet of the book MAY have been used in an episode of the Ray Bradbury Theater TV series, but the book as a whole has never been adapted to screen.

I think Dandelion Wine would be impossible to film and capture the atmosphere of the book.

Yep, you're probably right. That WOULD be very hard to do.

View attachment 319920

*****SMILE*****

Had a higher lit course once in College. "Films and Lit" We would both read and watch the movie then critique. Interesting course though.
I've seen a few movies that DID do the book justice. Blade Runner, for one. The movie was much more interesting than the Philip K. Dick book it was based on, IMHO. I also liked the movie adaptation of The Dead Zone, with Christopher Walken, just a BIT better than the book by Stephen King. The book IS fantastic, as well. But yes, for the most part, movies DON'T do the book justice.

View attachment 319920

*****SMILE*****

Yep, you're probably right. That WOULD be very hard to do.

First read that one in my early 20s, old enough to view childhood from a distance. It was magic.

View attachment 319920

*****SMILE*****

I've seen a few movies that DID do the book justice. Blade Runner, for one. The movie was much more interesting than the Philip K. Dick book it was based on, IMHO. I also liked the movie adaptation of The Dead Zone, with Christopher Walken, just a BIT better than the book by Stephen King. The book IS fantastic, as well. But yes, for the most part, movies DON'T do the book justice.

Chris Walken MADE The Dead Zone happen. Great performance.

View attachment 319920

*****SMILE*****

Chris Walken MADE The Dead Zone happen. Great performance.
Yep, he DID make the movie. No doubt about it.

Forum List

Back