Book: Black Flag

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
I just finished it a couple days ago- it's centered in Somalia. I'll admit ignorance about Somalia- and Africa in general- but, the story, while being fiction, pointed out the viciousness and lack of caring about life that I can't attest to- but have no proof otherwise.

It's about piracy, the CIA, and the warlords in Somalia- very plausible all.

About the author: David Ricciardi; A keen outdoorsman, David incorporated many personal experiences into "Warning Light." He’s backpacked through the mountains of the western United States and Alaska, received extensive training from law-enforcement and US special operations personnel, and once woke up for a 2 AM watch aboard a sailboat only to discover that it was headed the wrong way through the Atlantic sea lanes in heavy weather, with one of the crew suffering from hypothermia. In addition to being an avid sailor, David is also a certified scuba rescue diver and a former ski instructor. "Warning Light" is his first novel

Somalia

I have to say, I've read better books- this one is well written and a good story line and the only reason I'm posting about it is because it took place in Somalia-

I can't even begin to imagine living the way it's described in the book- it's barely surviving except for the well connected, the warlords and their minions- and those change often-

New Topics

Forum List

Back