Bogie

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
My satellite dish package includes Turner Classic Movies that are shown commercial free and my favorite classic is "To Have and have not". Bogie is a fishing boat skipper on the island of Martinique during the Vichy French (Casablanca?) era and Betty Bacall is a babe stuck on the island through lack of funds. My next fav is Key Largo pits the best of Edward G. Robinson against Veteran Bogie and widow Bacall. The Sam Spade stuff is also priceless even though the plots are mostly confusing at best.

Turner Classic Movies

I love that station! I watch it when I can. They showed a classic "Patterns" that was written (not sure if directed it, too) by Rod Serling (The Twilight Zone). It was well written. Even though, none of the actors I knew.

Bogie slaps the JAP (not Jewish American Princess)

61TBZT7aLfL._SL1000_.jpg

The Big Sleep (1946) has a plot so confusing that it is a waste of time trying to follow. The best thing about the movie is Bogie (as Philip Marlowe) flirting with Betty Bacall.

Turner Classic Movies

I love that station! I watch it when I can. They showed a classic "Patterns" that was written (not sure if directed it, too) by Rod Serling (The Twilight Zone). It was well written. Even though, none of the actors I knew.

Storyline
The story of the fierce and corrosive competition that exists in the executive branch of Ramsey & Co., a New York industrial colossus headed by Walter Ramsey, its cold, designing and ruthless chief. It is the saga, too, of Bill Briggs, his longtime second in command, who is swayed by human as well as technological values. And, it is the case of Fred Staples, a comparatively youthful industrial engineer brought in by Ramsey to succeed Briggs. The younger man's views and sensitivities are essentially the same as Briggs'. People are not merely units, they feel. But it is Ramsey's calculated pattern not to fire his aging aide but to create such untenable conditions that he will be forced to resign. Written by alfiehitchie
Plot Summary | Plot Synopsis
Plot Keywords:
new york city | business ethics | based on tv movie | ulcer | ambition | See All (25) »
Taglines:
Ruthless Men And Ambitious Women...Clawing For Control Of A Billion Dollar Empire!!! See more »
Genres:
Drama
Certificate:
Approved | See all certifications »
Parents Guide:
Add content advisory for parents »
EditDid You Know?
Trivia

Turner Classic Movies

Storyline
The story of the fierce and corrosive competition that exists in the executive branch of Ramsey & Co., a New York industrial colossus headed by Walter Ramsey, its cold, designing and ruthless chief. It is the saga, too, of Bill Briggs, his longtime second in command, who is swayed by human as well as technological values. And, it is the case of Fred Staples, a comparatively youthful industrial engineer brought in by Ramsey to succeed Briggs. The younger man's views and sensitivities are essentially the same as Briggs'. People are not merely units, they feel. But it is Ramsey's calculated pattern not to fire his aging aide but to create such untenable conditions that he will be forced to resign. Written by alfiehitchie
Plot Summary | Plot Synopsis
Plot Keywords:
new york city | business ethics | based on tv movie | ulcer | ambition | See All (25) »
Taglines:
Ruthless Men And Ambitious Women...Clawing For Control Of A Billion Dollar Empire!!! See more »
Genres:
Drama
Certificate:
Approved | See all certifications »
Parents Guide:
Add content advisory for parents »
EditDid You Know?
Trivia

It was so good, that I bought the movie through the TCM website!

Forum List

Back