Boehner just asked Obama to move his speech by one day

I would LOVE to see them prevent Obama from speaking in the House that night. It would force Obama to either pick a different night, or do a televised thing from the White House.

The former would show Obama in a good light, not wanting to upstage the GOP.

The latter would prove his intent with picking that night was specifically to upstage the GOP.

Boehner said that since the House wouldn't reconvene until 6:30 on Wednesday, and because it takes hours to complete the security sweep necessary for a presidential address, "it is my recommendation that your address be held on the following evening, when we can ensure there will be no parliamentary or logistical impediments that might detract from your remarks."

Boehner asks Obama to move jobs joint address to Thursday - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Heck almost 3 years for a job plan whats another day

Interesting indeed. What if Obama says no? Then he comes out looking like an ass for playing political games with US jobs as the game pieces.

You think it would hurt the speaker even though Obama has already waited a month to make his plan public?

No, I think it'll make Obama look bad for scheduling his speech on the same day as a GOP debate. Both sides claim the debate has nothing to do with it. Yeah, right. I think the Speaker comes out of this in good shape either way.

Interesting indeed. What if Obama says no? Then he comes out looking like an ass for playing political games with US jobs as the game pieces.

They already did that. When millions of unemployed, victims of Republican policies, were threatened by Republicans who were going to block their benefits if the Bush tax cuts weren't extended. Republicans don't see unemployed Americans as "People", like they do corporations. They see the unemployed as "hobos" and "drug addicts".

From the Christian Science Monitor:

Unemployment benefits extended in tax-cut deal - CSMonitor.com

Unemployment benefits extended in tax-cut deal

Unemployment benefits extension avoids holiday cutoff for 2 million Americans, says White House, which agreed to extend Bush-era tax cuts for everyone, including the rich.

Im sure the republicans would alter their plans for Obama if he asked.

I damned well hope they wouldn't! The debate has been scheduled for weeks and TODAY obama asks for a joint session at the exact time as the GOP debate? The logical answer to petty bull shit is "NO!"

Oh I see the republican party is more important that the president of the united states.

I'd tell the King Obama to stuff it all together.

All we are going to hear is MORE OF THE SAME OLE Bull..

New Topics

Forum List

Back