Boehner: Job Creators are essentially on strike.

Boehner is right, we need to sacrifice more jobs to appease the jobs fairy so that it will look kindly upon us and create more jobs. :doubt:

Boehners not the one who passed bills that brought the economy down. The anointed one did, with support from Democrats I might add.

What bill specifically?

healthcare for one....the law itself is the law...I dont like it but the law is the law.
Not implmenting it until 2012 gave business owners reason to wonder why...and it has created fears of some hidden costs that will come out AFTYER the fact.
This is not speculation..it is fact...it is part of what I do....I am a business planner. Companiues still get a handle on what the costs are going to be becuase they can not see how it will do anything but INCREASE the cost of premiums.....

stimulus for a second one.....it was a cherry pick deal giving money to companies that were struggling and poorly run and allwoing them to take business away form the better companies that were trying to ride the strorm

Weren't we all told that the tax cuts initiated under the Bush Administration were the solution to creating jobs?

Instead the GOP delivered the worst of both worlds
1. a lack of promised jobs
2. a dramatic increase in the national debt because all the tax cuts were financed with borrowed money

The Bush tax cuts did create jobs - over 7 million from the time they were fully enacted until the Financial Crisis precipitated the recession.

The huge increase in the debt began when the Dems took over Congress in 2007, and then really exploded in the Obama era. Bush did engage in deficit spending - but NOTHING like Obama's.

There were plenty of layoffs around the same time. I am almost positive, for a number of reasons, they were never factored into UE scores.

I am a job creator.

I have not created many jobs in the past 3 years.

Actually, I have not created a single job.

I cant take the chance. If Obama is elected to a second term, I fear new regulations, new taxes, cap and trade...all things that will make it impossible to forecast when business planning...

I have never grown my company without first forecasting at least 2 quarters in advance. Right now, I cant forecast.

SO I will not create jobs.

I guess that means I am on strike.

But let me ask you something....

If I hired people and then I realized my operating costs went up due to a new regualtion...and I was on the verge of bankruptcy...and I applied for a loan...would you, the tax payer, want to give it to me?

Dear Job Creater,

In an economy based on supply and demand we all know if there were any demand, you would find a way to create a supply to satisfy that demand. There is no demand because all the money has been "redistributed" from the Middle Class to the top 3%.

Dear Job Creater,

If you won't make jobs because you don't "feel right" and you need "soothing", then you are not a job creater and never were. You are an ignorant lying sack is shit who has swallowed Republican swill. And I almost believed you were a "Job Creater". But we all know the economy is based on "supply and demand" and not pandering to so-called "job creaters".

your lack of understanding business in the real world is quite evident.

You are an example of one who knows nothing but regurgitates what you hear.

I have no time for you and your childish debate style.

Job creators create jobs because they need the help. Not because someone rubbed their back and told them everything was Ok.

If you own a business it's all about risk, no one creates a business or a job because they feel comfortable with Government. If that is what you are claiming, your business is not and cannot be booming.

Weren't we all told that the tax cuts initiated under the Bush Administration were the solution to creating jobs?

2. a dramatic increase in the national debt because all the tax cuts were financed with borrowed money

The Bush tax cuts did create jobs - over 7 million from the time they were fully enacted until the Financial Crisis precipitated the recession.

The huge increase in the debt began when the Dems took over Congress in 2007, and then really exploded in the Obama era. Bush did engage in deficit spending - but NOTHING like Obama's.

There were plenty of layoffs around the same time. I am almost positive, for a number of reasons, they were never factored into UE scores.

up until first quarter 2008 there were typical employment in the NYC metropolitan area...despite dramatic technological advances that had reason to lower head count during the decade.

Really? You think that the BLS did not properly account for job losses during the Bush era?

Link?

I am a job creator.

I have not created many jobs in the past 3 years.

Actually, I have not created a single job.

I cant take the chance. If Obama is elected to a second term, I fear new regulations, new taxes, cap and trade...all things that will make it impossible to forecast when business planning...

I have never grown my company without first forecasting at least 2 quarters in advance. Right now, I cant forecast.

SO I will not create jobs.

I guess that means I am on strike.

But let me ask you something....

If I hired people and then I realized my operating costs went up due to a new regualtion...and I was on the verge of bankruptcy...and I applied for a loan...would you, the tax payer, want to give it to me?

Dear Job Creater,

In an economy based on supply and demand we all know if there were any demand, you would find a way to create a supply to satisfy that demand. There is no demand because all the money has been "redistributed" from the Middle Class to the top 3%.

Dear Job Creater,

If you won't make jobs because you don't "feel right" and you need "soothing", then you are not a job creater and never were. You are an ignorant lying sack is shit who has swallowed Republican swill. And I almost believed you were a "Job Creater". But we all know the economy is based on "supply and demand" and not pandering to so-called "job creaters".

your lack of understanding business in the real world is quite evident.

You are an example of one who knows nothing but regurgitates what you hear.

I have no time for you and your childish debate style.

You don't even know what "supply and demand" means. Run along now and go look it up. Then crawl back and pretend you knew all along.

Some facts and evidence needed in this thread.

Firstly, whether or not job creators are "on strike". The people creating jobs in this country are small and medium sized businesses, large businesses are offshoring everything as fast as they can. And what do small businesses say is their biggest problem. luckily there's an extensive monthly survey of small businesses so we can find out! here it is in graph form :

economix-14smallbizprob-custom2.jpg

and here

4997429381_b7a70d4c39_b.jpg

so you can clearly see the biggest problem for businesses is lack of demand -- 70% of US GDP is consumer spending and consumers aren't spending as their equity has been decimated by the house price collapse and equity market falls. Plus they don't know if they're going to be employed next week so they're just not spending, so business isn't investing or hiring.

The stuff about business being worried about regulation is just a GOP talking point that lots of people are parroting. You can see from the graphs that business is as worried about new regulation as it was back in the booming 90s when 22 million jobs were created. Bush slashed taxes and regulation and we got the decade in history where we actually lost jobs.

The GOP are pushing this "regulatory uncertainty" nonsense because they're shilling for their paymasters at the banks, healthcare corporations, energy corporations etc. who want to block any healthcare reform, regulation of banks etc. etc. That's it. Bihner is just a corporate shill. his claims have no basis in reality.

Boehners not the one who passed bills that brought the economy down. The anointed one did, with support from Democrats I might add.

What bill specifically?

healthcare for one....the law itself is the law...I dont like it but the law is the law.
Not implmenting it until 2012 gave business owners reason to wonder why...and it has created fears of some hidden costs that will come out AFTYER the fact.
This is not speculation..it is fact...it is part of what I do....I am a business planner. Companiues still get a handle on what the costs are going to be becuase they can not see how it will do anything but INCREASE the cost of premiums.....

stimulus for a second one.....it was a cherry pick deal giving money to companies that were struggling and poorly run and allwoing them to take business away form the better companies that were trying to ride the strorm

Where are you getting this from? The Business Emotion section?

Job creators create jobs because they need the help. Not because someone rubbed their back and told them everything was Ok.

If you own a business it's all about risk, no one creates a business or a job because they feel comfortable with Government. If that is what you are claiming, your business is not and cannot be booming.

you are a little more human than Ravi so I will respond.

This is not the 1700's...where you have very little competitoion.

We are now in a world of technology where you compete with companies all over the world.

I have a client in Portland Oregon...and I am in NYC...my competiton in Portland wishes they had that client.

So anyway....that is where you are missing the point...and so is Ravi.,....

If you are reacting to an increase in demand, YOU ARE WAY TOO LATE.

A smart business owner does not expand as a reaction...becuase by the time they are ready to meet the demand, they have already lost a chance for the business.

A smart business owner must grow in ANTICIPATION of an increase in demand.

In the 1700's...if a man said "I need 4 horseshoes" and you were too busy...you would say, I will hire the Johnson kid...train him..and you will have them next week. And the guy would say to himself...well, it will take me a week just to get to Carson City to have the guy make them over there for me, so I will wait for the Johnson kid to be trained.

It is no longer like that.

Tax cuts would have worked...but when you also toss in there threats of new regulations...threats of cap and trade....well....you cant expect the same resault of the tax cuts alone.

So ... tax cuts fix everything, even leaky sinks, but are utterly and totally blocked by the simple THREAT of a new regulation?

Good to know.

Oh, and you can't forecast out 6 months?? Honestly?? Grow a pair!

What bill specifically?

I am the past President of my trade association in the NYC metro area. I have been doing what I do for 27 years. You do not need to believe me...I really dont care......but the bottom line, it was what I am seeing out there.

And as I pointed out in my last post...if you are sayi8ng the old..."if the demand is there you will meet the demand and grow your company" thing...as I showed you....thgat is not the way businesses work anymore...and it is quite evident that if you dont know this then you are not a business owner...and you are simply regurgitating talking points....like Ravi.

up until first quarter 2008 there were typical employment in the NYC metropolitan area...despite dramatic technological advances that had reason to lower head count during the decade.

Since about 2002, 2003, I saw something very strange going on in most of the shops I communicated with..jobs were going overseas. New Help Desks..and remote administrators handling servers. As well as code being written offshore. This started slowly but picked up alot speed very quickly. Additionally there were regular employees being let go..and short term consultants filling their spots. Couple this with multiple mergers. A LOT of jobs were lost in the financial sector in NYC. But these people had cushions..they got "packages" when they left so alot of them wound up NOT going on Unemployment (Subsequently..the rules on unemployment changed and you go on unemployment as soon as you are let go...). They also did things like take out loans to open businesses from either their 401ks or Homes. That's the more "nicer" way to look at it. My other theory..which seems to be bearing out on things, Bush "scrubbed" the books to make things seem better then they were.

Republicans now are talking about doing more of the same. And re-patrioting tax rates, lowering tax rates and cutting regulations have done almost nothing to help any economies. They have, however, done a great deal to make the rich..incredibly rich.

Tax cuts would have worked...but when you also toss in there threats of new regulations...threats of cap and trade....well....you cant expect the same resault of the tax cuts alone.

So ... tax cuts fix everything, even leaky sinks, but are utterly and totally blocked by the simple THREAT of a new regulation?

Good to know.

lol...you would be out of business in a matter of days.
Dont quit your day job.
Threat of a simple regulation?

You really have no idea what is going on.

I am the past President of my trade association in the NYC metro area. I have been doing what I do for 27 years. You do not need to believe me...I really dont care......but the bottom line, it was what I am seeing out there.

And as I pointed out in my last post...if you are sayi8ng the old..."if the demand is there you will meet the demand and grow your company" thing...as I showed you....thgat is not the way businesses work anymore...and it is quite evident that if you dont know this then you are not a business owner...and you are simply regurgitating talking points....like Ravi.

Hang on a minute. regurgitating talking points? You sound like a GOP press release. And whether or not you do have a business, your claims about regulatory uncertainty preventing you doing anything aren't borne out by actual existing businesses that are surveyed every month.

Since about 2002, 2003, I saw something very strange going on in most of the shops I communicated with..jobs were going overseas. New Help Desks..and remote administrators handling servers. As well as code being written offshore. This started slowly but picked up alot speed very quickly. Additionally there were regular employees being let go..and short term consultants filling their spots. Couple this with multiple mergers. A LOT of jobs were lost in the financial sector in NYC. But these people had cushions..they got "packages" when they left so alot of them wound up NOT going on Unemployment (Subsequently..the rules on unemployment changed and you go on unemployment as soon as you are let go...). They also did things like take out loans to open businesses from either their 401ks or Homes. That's the more "nicer" way to look at it. My other theory..which seems to be bearing out on things, Bush "scrubbed" the books to make things seem better then they were.

Republicans now are talking about doing more of the same. And re-patrioting tax rates, lowering tax rates and cutting regulations have done almost nothing to help any economies. They have, however, done a great deal to make the rich..incredibly rich.

This just proves that you have no idea how employment and unemployment are calculated. They are not based upon unemployment claims - they are based on household surveys.

So your theory is just a steaming pile of crap, like everything else you post.

yes...you are correct.
But the ones who got the packages were early retirees....that is fact....I wrote many a package for my cleints.
But despite the increase in terchnology AND the overseas employment, the unemployment numbers really didnt increase.
Look at the employment agencies.....we made a killing fromn 2002-2008....and I mean it...a killing.

This just proves that you have no idea how employment and unemployment are calculated. They are not based upon unemployment claims - they are based on household surveys.

So your theory is just a steaming pile of crap, like everything else you post.

:lol:

No one asked the people I knew whether they were employed or not employed.

So if that's how the metrics are determined..this is a pretty shitty way to do it.

I haven't been asked.

:lol:

Thanks..it's totally bullshit then.

Hang on a minute. regurgitating talking points? You sound like a GOP press release. And whether or not you do have a business, your claims about regulatory uncertainty preventing you doing anything aren't borne out by actual existing businesses that are surveyed every month.

glad I sound like a press release...but I am backing my poiints up....oit is what I do for a living.

I wiull post AGAIN a reason why the typical supply demand thing is garbage and a left wing talking point. I noticed no one on the left responded to it. It makes me woinder why.

Good to know.

lol...you would be out of business in a matter of days.
Dont quit your day job.
Threat of a simple regulation?

You really have no idea what is going on.

Then why don't you enlighten me and everyone else here. Tell us why you can't forecast out 6 months because of threats that might occur after the 2012 election.

Forum List

Back