Boehner and GOP quietly cave

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2009
Finger Lakes, NY
With Netanyahu grabbing the headlines, Boehner and the Republicans try to sneak their capitulation under the radar:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner cleared the way for a vote as soon as Tuesday on a bill to fund the Department of Homeland Security for the rest of the fiscal year, dealing a blow to conservative Republicans who wanted to include language blocking President Barack Obama's immigration actions....

U.S. House to vote on security bill without immigration provisions - Yahoo News

With Netanyahu grabbing the headlines, Boehner and the Republicans try to sneak their capitulation under the radar:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner cleared the way for a vote as soon as Tuesday on a bill to fund the Department of Homeland Security for the rest of the fiscal year, dealing a blow to conservative Republicans who wanted to include language blocking President Barack Obama's immigration actions....

U.S. House to vote on security bill without immigration provisions - Yahoo News

LOL!!!!

After all that "I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your immigration reform down" bullshit....

Uuuummm, looks like at least some of the GOP is learning from past mistakes. Guess Boehner and many other Republicans knew who would be blamed if there was a shutdown.
I'm surprised you three aren't bemoaning Boehners move.......... :eusa_whistle:

:lol:

No reason for Boehner to fuss

He can still pass an immigration reform bill in the House that will invalidate Obama's Executive Order

What is he waiting for? He has only had two years

There is the little matter of a stay by a judge in the woodwork.

(CNN)A federal judge in Texas has temporarily blocked President Barack Obama's executive action on immigration, which has drawn opposition from 26 states across the nation.

United States District Judge Andrew Hanen ruled late Monday night to block executive actions Obama took late last year to shield as many as 5 million undocumented immigrants from deportation. In delaying the ruling, Hanen halted Obama's executive action, ruling that the administration had failed to comply with the Administrative Procedure Act, which calls for the White House to afford a longer notification and comment period before taking action.

Obama vows to abide by immigration court order - CNN.com

It's going to the USSC. Live with it, Dems!!

Greg

Uuuummm, looks like at least some of the GOP is learning from past mistakes. Guess Boehner and many other Republicans knew who would be blamed if there was a shutdown.

[emoji38]
Quite the opposite. He made the right move. But he could have and should have done it last month without all this kabuki theater. It also damages his credibility the next time he makes threatening noises. The clean DHS CR will clear the House because the Democrats plus about 50 Republicans will support it.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

[emoji38]
Quite the opposite. He made the right move. But he could have and should have done it last month without all this kabuki theater. It also damages his credibility the next time he makes threatening noises. The clean DHS CR will clear the House because the Democrats plus about 50 Republicans will support it.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
Again politics as usual. Does it hurt his credibility? Your wishful thinking is as good as my guess...... :dunno:

Boehner never needed to defund DHS anyway

All he needed to do was pass the Immigration Reform bill

Forum List

Back