Bobby Jindal, Governor Of Louisiana {KING}

Black_Man1

Black Is Beautiful
Dec 1, 2013
Atlanta, Ga.
Should politicians take sides in things outside of their official duties? I like a lot of things in pop culture, and some things I do not. Yet, I expect an elected official to have enough professionalism to speak publicly about his denanding, pressing problems, instead of speaking about frivilous and trivial things.

And IF an elected official does venture into opining on a pop culture issue, is it appropriate at all for them to take sides of a person that may in fact be saying/doing things that millions of his constituents are offended by?

Is this good politics?

Should an Ethics Review be in order?

Should mayors comment on who they like in Housewives Of Atlanta beefs? If they do, can the woman the mayor has chosen to publicly stand against...bring the mayor up on ethic violations for unduly effecting her reality career by using their mayoral influence to side with their adversary??

Your Thoughts...

Politicians weild a certain amount of power.

If a politician uses his/her elected influence in private business matters...is that legal?

Pop culture is a malignant cancer on the face of the world, that's what I think. I also tend to consider people who are familiar with the various reality shows to be not very smart.

Good question I have often wondered why when President Obama was asked about the Henry Louis Gates incident he just didn't sat I'm not familiar with the facts and can't comment instead of taking a stand as he did.

Obama had them both over for a Beer Summit, and cslmed the situation down without condemning or condoning either party.

When the cop was wrong to arrest someone for "breaking" into their OWN home.

Obama had them both over for a Beer Summit, and cslmed the situation down without condemning or condoning either party.

He had them over because he caught a lot of flak for getting involved in the situation and claiming the police acted stupidly so I would consider that condemning one party.The premise you seem to be putting forward is Bobby Jindal should not have commented or got involved in the Duck Dynasty/A&E stuff because he is a public official and this does not directly involve him. So the question remains why did President Obama inject himself into a incident that did not directly involve him?

Last edited:
You are right, I stand corrected. Obama DID call the police stupid.

Because the police did act stupid.

Obama is the first black president, so he gets a lot of things thrown his way about race. Obama could cause a riot or a celebration depending on what he says. Many ppl listen to the president to give leadership. Obama speaks on these inflammatory issues like Trayvon Martin being murdered and his killer notveven arrested to calm the nation to avoid riots and senseless killings.

I think he's done a good job at that.

Yeah I guess saying "the police acted stupidly" without knowing the facts isn't condemning them.

WTH he commented on a current event big freakin' deal.

Just admit you don't like minorities that are not democrat and lets cut to the chase.

He does have a funny name.

He doesn't look like us.

Last edited:
Should politicians take sides in things outside of their official duties? I like a lot of things in pop culture, and some things I do not. Yet, I expect an elected official to have enough professionalism to speak publicly about his denanding, pressing problems, instead of speaking about frivilous and trivial things.

And IF an elected official does venture into opining on a pop culture issue, is it appropriate at all for them to take sides of a person that may in fact be saying/doing things that millions of his constituents are offended by?

Is this good politics?

Should mayors comment on who they like in Housewives Of Atlanta beefs? If they do, can the woman the mayor has chosen to publicly stand against...bring the mayor up on ethic violations for unduly effecting her reality career by using their mayoral influence to side with their adversary??

Your Thoughts...

Considering you don't bother to get the facts, like Jindal and Robertson are close personal friends and you never answer qusetions when asked, I would suggest folks just ignore your racist post.

I guess you whined when Obama told the policeman he acted stupidly and then held some dumb beer summit..

and especially when the came out and said Trayvon Martin could be his son if had one...that did our country a world of good...

give us break the whine is shrill with you people

You are right, I stand corrected. Obama DID call the police stupid.

Because the police did act stupid.

Obama is the first black president, so he gets a lot of things thrown his way about race. Obama could cause a riot or a celebration depending on what he says. Many ppl listen to the president to give leadership. Obama speaks on these inflammatory issues like Trayvon Martin being murdered and his killer notveven arrested to calm the nation to avoid riots and senseless killings.

I think he's done a good job at that.

Ok but your really not addressing the prime question if it's alright for President Obama to comment on things that don't directly involve him why is not ok for Jindal to? Jindal may sincerely feel that Phil Robertson was treated unfairly by A&E just as President Obama may have felt Henry Gates was treated unfairly by the police if it's good for one why not the other?

Is this good politics?

Your Thoughts...

You mean like Obama sticking his nose in the Zimmerman case saying that Trayvon Martin looks like his son would if he'd had one?

You mean like that stupid stuff?

The truth of the matter is that President Obama is an American citizen. He has a right to free speech, just as all Americans. He has a right to an opinion. You may disagree with his opinion but he still has a right to express it. The only real problem I see is WHERE AND WHEN he expresses himself. If he is speaking at a White House function where he is the voice of the country he is wrong to express his opinion. On the other hand, if he is at a non-presidential function, such as at a golf course or on the beach in Hawaii, then he is speaking as a regular American.
And for those who wish to condemn President Obama, recall george w. bush speaking out and trying to interfere in the matter of Terri Schiavo. If you refused to condemn bush then you have no license to condemn Obama now.

And finally, if you were to do a detailed search of the terms of all the presidents I suspect you would find that each and every one spoke out on non governmental matters during their terms.

The truth of the matter is that President Obama is an American citizen. He has a right to free speech, just as all Americans. He has a right to an opinion. You may disagree with his opinion but he still has a right to express it. The only real problem I see is WHERE AND WHEN he expresses himself. If he is speaking at a White House function where he is the voice of the country he is wrong to express his opinion. On the other hand, if he is at a non-presidential function, such as at a golf course or on the beach in Hawaii, then he is speaking as a regular American.
And for those who wish to condemn President Obama, recall george w. bush speaking out and trying to interfere in the matter of Terri Schiavo. If you refused to condemn bush then you have no license to condemn Obama now.

And finally, if you were to do a detailed search of the terms of all the presidents I suspect you would find that each and every one spoke out on non governmental matters during their terms.

My question was never about if Obama has the right of free speech or to express his opinion but the OP seems to be suggesting there is something wrong with Bobby Jindal expressing his opinion over the Phil Robertson A&E situation. So my question was and is if it's alright for the President to do this why should anyone have a problem with Jindal doing likewise?

Is this good politics?

Your Thoughts...

The White Cop acted stupidly?

Treyvon could have been my son?

There were nationwide protests about Martin. It was appropriate like a motherfucker for Obama to have said something.

Just trust me.

And Beer Summit was the first racial issue for the first black president. Again, people needed him to say something.

Trust me.

Bobby Jindal?

Ain't nobody sitting around waiting for him to say shit about a tv show!

He was out of line like hell!

There were nationwide protests about Martin. It was appropriate like a motherfucker for Obama to have said something.

Just trust me.

And Beer Summit was the first racial issue for the first black president. Again, people needed him to say something.

Trust me.

Bobby Jindal?

Ain't nobody sitting around waiting for him to say shit about a tv show

If that's the case why is he out of line and why are you trying so hard to make a big deal out of it? This is at least the second thread I'm aware of that you have started on the subject.

Just trust me.

Trust me.

Bobby Jindal?

Ain't nobody sitting around waiting for him to say shit about a tv show

If that's the case why is he out of line and why are you trying so hard to make a big deal out of it? This is at least the second thread I'm aware of that you have started on the subject.

Pretty simple, he wants to be a race pimp like jackson and sharpton, and it's very clear, no opinion matters but his.

Forum List

Back