Bobblehead Mohammed! A Marine Created, LOL

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/457350p-384785c.html

Bobblehead Muhammed?

BY TINA MOORE
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

A ceramic bobblehead doll of the Prophet Muhammed - created to resemble the infamous caricature published by a Danish newspaper - is being hawked online for $22.99 a pop by an ex-Marine.

The unapologetic creator, Timothy Ames, 28, said the bobblehead is similar to "dashboard Jesus" figurines that can be stuck with adhesive to flat surfaces. "I thought, 'If they flipped out over some cartoons what will they do with a dashboard Muhammed?'" Ames said from his home in Hawaii.

But Islamic experts are not amused, saying the bobbleheads could anger Muslims, whose religion strictly prohibits depictions of the prophet.

"No depiction of the prophet, even if it is positive, should be made ever - and certainly not one as ridiculous as the bobblehead Muhammed," said Zvi Ben-Dor Benite, an assistant professor at New York University. "I don't think it's about freedom of speech. This is the freedom to insult, which he shouldn't be doing."

Ames said several hundred people have purchased the dolls online, and he has paid a Chinese manufacturer to create 1,000 more. "I just think it's funny," he said.

Violent protests erupted last winter across the Muslim world after a Danish newspaper published cartoons lampooning the Prophet Muhammed as a suicide bomber. Many European papers reprinted the cartoons.

"People who get p----d off about this, they're going to get p----d off regardless," Ames, a baptized Christian, said.

The sophomoric Web site where Ames, using the pen name "Filthy," sells the bobbleheads also features a collection of scattered rants. In one, he writes: "I'm really not into slamming people just for their religion. Most of the stupid people I've met are stupid despite their religion, not because of it."

Frank Peters, a professor in the Department of Middle Eastern Studies at NYU, warned that a bobblehead Muhammed was "a really bad idea."

"Jews and Christians have gotten used to this kind of thing, but Muslims haven't," he said. "This may not be his intention, but these things have consequences."

Originally published on October 1, 2006

If the poor little things are upset about this doll maybe we should make a special "beheading" bobblehead. I suppose they would think that's in good taste.

If the poor little things are upset about this doll maybe we should make a special "beheading" bobblehead. I suppose they would think that's in good taste.

Y'know, I ALREADY despised the thin-skinned, PC-types before Muslims got into the act. Screw 'em. I could care less if they are offended.

Y'know, I ALREADY despised the thin-skinned, PC-types before Muslims got into the act. Screw 'em. I could care less if they are offended.

I hope they are. I hope they erupt into violent demonstrations all over the world. Then maybe, just MAYBE, the NON muslim world will come together against them, and wipe the fuckers off the face of the earth.

I hope they are. I hope they erupt into violent demonstrations all over the world. Then maybe, just MAYBE, the NON muslim world will come together against them, and wipe the fuckers off the face of the earth.

Nah ... they'll just blame the insensitivity of all us Christian Westerners to their precious religion.

Nah ... they'll just blame the insensitivity of all us Christian Westerners to their precious religion.

Seriously... fuck'em all.

They want to KILL me. They've already made up my mind for me. I want to kill them all too.

I want one!

But here's one thing all articles neglect to mention: only Muslims aren't allowed to portray images of Muhammed. That means non-Muslims CAN portray Muhammed if they wish (and we can touch the Quran without a ritual cleansing they have to go through too).

I want one!

I do to. I think I'll find a local mosque and take it there, throw it in the gutter, piss and shit on it, and then saw it's fucking head off and set it on fire.

The muslim's are all down with that kind of behavior aren't they? They should totally understand.

New Topics

Forum List

Back