Bob Beckel says - It's OVER!

swizzlee

RedWhiteAndBlue
Jan 8, 2011
on a mountain
And that was before the O's appearance at the Alfred Smith gala tonite.

Mitt was on his game and his jokes were very cutting but with that smile on his face.

The O made it thru the nite but just barely. A few laughs but it was flat.

Beckel knew. The O knew.

But most importantly, Mitt knew!

Yee-haw!

The polls are moving back up for Obama and the Gallup poll is an outlier. It isn't over. Not even close!

yeah looking at internals, I think Romney is going to win unless there is a major event....but I dont really buy the polls general numbers.....
kind of like the flash polls after the debate, obama with a moderate win, yet romney killed him on the specific issues....by double digits

One of the things Romney has on his side if he retains the lead, even by a slim margin, are those last minute deciders who want to vote on the winning side will swing towards him.

Obama got more laughs. Romney got a couple of boos. Beckel misled you.

youre insane.....Romney did well.....better delivery and better jokes....Obama's first joke was the best, everyone sit in your empty chairs before clint eastwood yells at them....that was funny....but romnry had a ton of em

He said it on The Five in response to the very first question directed to him - Well, Bob, what do you think about the latest poll? [paraphrasing]

Gallup's numbers are out of whack. They have been throughout this election cycle. Go to RCP and look at their polling results. They have rarely been close to the other polls at any given time. In their polling from 7/24 to 7/31, they had Obama plus 2 when everyone else had Obama plus 6 to plus 10. From 8/6 to 8/12, they had it a tie, most others had Obama plus 2. From 8/21 to 8/27 they were actually pretty close with other pollsters. They had Romney plus 1, most others had Obama plus 1 or 2. Then from 9/5 to 9/11, they go bonkers in the opposite direction showing Obama plus 7 when other pollsters have Obama plus 1 to plus 5. One week later, Obama's 7 point lead is down to plus 1. Now all of a sudden they have Romney plus 7. Rasmussen has it Romney plus 2.

Bottom line is that Gallup is all over the place. I really don't think they know what they are doing. As much as I think Rassmussen is slightly distorted to Romney, they have been much more consistent with other pollsters.

Always brings tears to Granny's eye's when she hears ol Roy sing dis song...
:(
It's Over
Artist: Roy Orbison (peak Billboard position # 9 in 1964)
Words and Music by Roy Orbison and Bill Dees

Your baby doesn't love you anymore

Golden days before they end
Whisper secrets to the wind
Your baby won't be near you anymore

Tender nights before they fly
Send falling stars that seem to cry
Your baby doesn't want you anymore, it's over

It breaks your heart in two
To know she's been untrue
But, oh, what will you do?
When she says to you "Thereâ's someone new"
"We're throu-oo-ough, we're through?"

It's over, it's over, it's over

All the rainbows in the sky
Start to weep then say goodbye
You won't be seeing rainbows anymore

Setting suns before they fall
Echo to you "That's all, that's all"
But you'll see lonely sunsets after all

It's over, it's over, it's over
It's over

Transcribed by Ronald E. Hontz
ronhontz
worldnet.att.net

Its Over Lyrics by Roy Orbison

courseofhistory said:
The polls are moving back up for Obama and the Gallup poll is an outlier. It isn't over. Not even close!

"Obama is also roasting the stomachs of the enemy in the streets...they are surrounded in all places...all the stories you have heard are lies told by cowards!!!"

26650636.jpg

Last edited:
The trend is great for Romney; though I've yet to see the swing state polls match the national polls (makes you wonder huh?) One poll that came out, shows him leading Pennsylvania 49-45.

Only if you keep looking at your selective polls.

Romney's RCP lead just jumped...again.

Romney's lead in RCP is based on Gallup being so far out of whack. They are five points off of Rassmussen. Until we get a few different national polls, I don't think we can say where things stand. Rasmussen is probably pretty close, but we may see movement back in Obama's direction over the weekend.

He said it's over if the polls are correct, and he doesn't necessarily buy that they're accurate. You can't blame a guy for hoping.

Bob Beckel:

yep, He said if the Gallup Poll is right.

He also I believe was at one Point Sarcastically saying "it's over, It's Over" Not meaning it for real but more to mock one of this Co Hosts.

Romney is pulling away in states like MO.

That means the senate will swing his way there too.

He's pulling ahead in FL. N.C. is wrapped up. And now it looks like VA is going to go to Romney.

I have so enjoyed this.

Only if you keep looking at your selective polls.

Romney's RCP lead just jumped...again.

Romney's lead in RCP is based on Gallup being so far out of whack. They are five points off of Rassmussen. Until we get a few different national polls, I don't think we can say where things stand. Rasmussen is probably pretty close, but we may see movement back in Obama's direction over the weekend.

Not a chance, You will see further movement toward Romney. The Dam has burst.

Forum List

Back