Boardwalk Empire:

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
Isn't anyone else watching this excellent HBO series?

Steve Buscemi has proven to be a flexible and really good actor having played everything from a degenerate low-life thief and killer in Fargo and a likeable dimwit lackey in The Big Lebowski to, now, Enoch Thompson, a very real, very corrupt New Jersey politician and bootlegger during the Prohibition era.

In case anyone else has been following this series, I've been fascinated with the progress of the Margaret Schroeder character, from a beaten and dejected wife of a brutal drunk to the concubine of the racketeering titular King of Atlantic City. She is a substantive and resourceful woman to say the least. And the depictions of the Roaring Twenties era are as good as it gets -- from the sets to the costumes, the music, the background situations, the parade of interesting, colorful characters and the fascinating turns of events.

I'd say Boardwalk Empire ranks with Deadwood and Rome as another of HBO's most artful productions. It has me looking forward to Sunday nights and I'd be interested in knowing what others think of it.

I've been watching it since last season. It's one of my favorite shows. The writing is great, the characters are deep and the cinematography is rich. At the moment, it's second only to The Wire in my list of favorite shows.

Last edited:
I stopped watching when they called Harding a moron and I'm not kidding. It was a decent show, but adios

Steve Buscemi has proven to be a flexible and really good actor having played everything from a degenerate low-life thief and killer in Fargo and a likeable dimwit lackey in The Big Lebowski to, now, Enoch Thompson, a very real, very corrupt New Jersey politician and bootlegger during the Prohibition era.

In case anyone else has been following this series, I've been fascinated with the progress of the Margaret Schroeder character, from a beaten and dejected wife of a brutal drunk to the concubine of the racketeering titular King of Atlantic City. She is a substantive and resourceful woman to say the least. And the depictions of the Roaring Twenties era are as good as it gets -- from the sets to the costumes, the music, the background situations, the parade of interesting, colorful characters and the fascinating turns of events.

I'd say Boardwalk Empire ranks with Deadwood and Rome as another of HBO's most artful productions. It has me looking forward to Sunday nights and I'd be interested in knowing what others think of it.

Love it. I watch it every week. Have you seen Homeland?

Homeland is ok. Id love to see them do something more realistic instead of turning a Marine, maybe having the President be a closet Muslim and Jihadist dedicated to destroying the country

Homeland is ok. Id love to see them do something more realistic instead of turning a Marine, maybe having the President be a closet Muslim and Jihadist dedicated to destroying the country

Of course you would, Frank.

Me too. I just watched all of the Homeland episodes the other day. It's pretty good. It's copied off of an Israeli show. I wonder if the Israeli's had Gilad Shalit in mind?

Seriously, it's one of those 'top-notch' from head to toe, "Don't miss" shows.

And who knew Steve Bescemi could ever in a million years be so hot.
bescemi is good but not hot....he is rather on the pale and skinny side....kinda like sleeping with a corpse

tommy flangan on sons of anarchy is the hottest thing out there right now

Tommy-Flanagan.jpg

he makes ya want a little irsh in ya lol

I've been watching it since last season. It's one of my favorite shows. The writing is great, the characters are deep and the cinematography is rich. At the moment, it's second only to The Wire in my list of favorite shows.
The first season of The Wire was excellent! The second season was good but lacked the extreme realism and credibility of Season One.

Forum List

Back