Board Challenge

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
I challenge everyone on this board to post in this thread. You must post something good about the party you are against. Libs post something good about republicans or conservatives. Conservatives post something good about Libs or Democrats.

No negative posts. No disagreeing with any other poster here.

Here I will start.

Obama got Osama Bin Laden.

Conservatives are sensible, decent Americans. As are Liberals.

However, Republicans and Democrats serious need to grow a brain.

I challenge everyone on this board to post in this thread. You must post something good about the party you are against. Libs post something good about republicans or conservatives. Conservatives post something good about Libs or Democrats.

Here I will start.

Liberals are decent people who mean well that I just happen to believe are wrong on most issues.

Republicans and Democrats are Partisan hacks who put party above Country.

Here I will start.

George W. Bush got us seniors Medicare Part D. So granny can afford to live longer. LOL He is a Texan so it is required I love him Even though I lean to the left in my politics.:eusa_hand:

Here I will start.

Liberals are decent people who mean well that I just happen to believe are wrong on most issues.

Republicans and Democrats are Partisan hacks who put party above Country.

What part of no negatives are you failing to grasp?

heh heh so much for that!

Ok, here's my good thing about the GOP. I like that they talk about traditional families and traditional family structures. While there are many different types of families these days, I think we can all agree that the best, the very best, structure for children is to be raised by both of their parents in a loving environment. I think that gets lost in today's world and I am glad that the GOP brings it up and reminds us.

Liberals serve an important role in keeping us Conservatives on our toes.

Liberals motives seem to be good so when conservative practicality makes us seem too heartless it is good for liberals to shake us a little and make us readjust our thinking so we at least notice that there are people falling through the cracks.

heh heh so much for that!

Ok, here's my good thing about the GOP. I like that they talk about traditional families and traditional family structures. While there are many different types of families these days, I think we can all agree that the best, the very best, structure for children is to be raised by both of their parents in a loving environment. I think that gets lost in today's world and I am glad that the GOP brings it up and reminds us.

Here's another one.

When new ideas start getting tosses around, anywhere, there can be a tendency to get excited at the newness of the idea and forget to think about whether a change to a new idea is even needed. The GOP and Conservatives remind us to stop, take a second, and think about whether a change is even needed. Some times the best thing to do is to keep something as it is.

In all of the great philosophical binaries--being/non-being; one/many; material/ideal--there's fundamental truth on both sides. The same holds for liberal/conservative. The conservatives emphasize continuity, order, integration, particularism. The liberals emphasize change, dynamism, universalism. A stable yet evolving civilization requires insights from both sides. Mere party-political partisans almost always miss this.

I support the right to bear arms.

I support the right for two hot chicks to get it on.

Color me moderate.

Last edited:

No negative comments please. No buts or excuses.

As far as I'm aware, this is a freedom of speech board. It wasn't negative - it was a helpful suggestion.

If you can not be respectful of the purpose of the thread please stop posting in it. You have a bazillion other threads to do what ever you want in.

I have a tendency to swing vote. So there is no party that I am 'against' per se. They all have their good and bad points.

New Topics

Forum List

Back