Board Challenge

not all conservatives/republicans are fascists.

roflmao

If you really think people who want lower taxes, and Less government are Fascist, I suggest you read the DEFINITION of Fascism and read about how it was in practice around the world. Because you sound like a clueless Liberal Lemming repeating what your masters tell you to spew.

Last edited:
I believe that conservatives understand the need for a strong military more so than the Liberals.

I believe that the Tea Party has the right idea about smaller government but lacks leadership and a cohesive message.

Not so bad.

President Obama has given it his best shot.

Republicans want to make a difference.

Immie

Last edited:
I like the Republicans on:

-- Bias towards the status quo (literally, being conservative). Big social, economic, and political changes generally have unintended consequences, and shouldn't be undertaken lightly.

-- Emphasis on personal accountability. Holding people personally accountable for their actions is an important way to encourage good acts.

Also, I think that Republicans, like other people, are mostly well-intentioned. Kudos also to the surprisingly large number of people who have taken the original poster's instructions to heart.

It takes a big man to swallow their pride and reverse course to do what needs to be done after all the facts are known.

I've seen President Obama do this on more than one occasion, and I admire him for it.

Republican presidents have done an excellent job appointing Supreme Court justices.

Eisenhower appointed Earl Warren, of course – as Chief Justice he orchestrated scores of landmark decisions defending the rights of Americans against unjust, un-Constitutional laws and policies enacted by state and local governments.

The practice of segregation by state and local governments was struck down in Brown v Board of Education (1954); that same year state and local laws that discriminated against Hispanics were struck down in Hernandez v. Texas.

In Cooper v Aaron (1958), the Warren Court struck down as un-Constitutional the fallacy of ‘states’ rights,’ used by states and local jurisdictions to discriminate against Americans based on race.

In Engel v. Vitale (1962), the states’ violation of the Establishment Clause with regard to school prayer was struck down.

In Gideon v. Wainwright (1963), the state of Florida was compelled to recognize Americans’ 6th Amendment right to counsel.

Gerald Ford appointed Justice John Paul Stevens, among the many important majority opinions he authored was Hamdan vs. Rumsfeld (2006), where the Court ruled that the military tribunals established at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to try terrorism suspects were illegal, thus preserving the rule of law and due process.

Ronald Reagan appointed Justice Anthony Kennedy and Justice Sandra Day O'Connor. GHWB appointed Justice David Souter. All three justices were instrumental in the Court’s upholding of the right to privacy with regard to abortion in Planned Parenthood v. Casey (1992). This landmark ruling kept abortion safe and legal.

Justice Kennedy would later write the majority opinion in Romer v. Evans (1996), striking down as un-Constitutional a Colorado law discriminating against homosexuals, as well as the majority opinion in Lawrence v. Texas (2003), ruling un-Constitutional laws that criminalize homosexual acts; Justice O’Connor also joined the majority in Lawrence.

And Justice Kennedy wrote the majority opinion in Boumediene v. Bush (2008), upholding the right of Guantanamo detainees to habeas petitions, and as with Hamdan, preserving the rule of law and due process.

President Eisenhower, President Ford, and President Reagan, thank you and well done from a grateful Nation.

Forum List

Back