Blue States, Cities Loosen COVID Restrictions Less Than One Week After Biden Inauguration

Blue States, Cities Loosen COVID Restrictions Less Than One Week After Biden Inauguration

Blue States, Cities Loosen COVID Restrictions Less Than One Week After Biden Inauguration - The Political Insider
25 Jan 2021 ~~ By Rusty Weiss

A surprising number of mostly blue states and cities have announced a return to indoor dining and loosened other COVID restrictions less than one week after President Bidenā€™s inauguration.
ā€œMillions of jobs have been lost,ā€ Biden lamented during his inaugural speech. ā€œHundreds of thousands of businesses closed.ā€
Some of the hardest-hit have been restaurants and bars, with restrictions or flat-out lockdowns being imposed.
Many have been put out of business, never to return.
Blue States And Cities Suddenly Happy To Open Restaurants
Many businesses were the victims of draconian measures put in place by Democrat (and some Republican) politicians who justified their decisions by citing science and expert advice. But now, some of those same politicians are suddenly experiencing a change of heart.
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo got the ball rolling just before Bidenā€™s entrance to the White House.
Cuomo, who had micromanaged the pandemic response to extreme degrees ā€“ implementing curfews and even dictating what kinds of food were acceptable to eat when out at a bar ā€“ suddenly had an epiphany.
ā€œWe simply cannot stay closed until the vaccine hits critical mass,ā€ Cuomo announced.
Other blue state politicians dutifully agree now.
Relaxing Restrictions
A slew of Democrat politicians have announced relaxing restrictions on restaurants and bars in the week since President Biden was inaugurated.
  • California Governor Gavin Newsom surprised his stateā€™s residents with an announcement just hours ago ā€œallowing the reopening of outdoor dining, indoor salons.ā€
  • Democratic Gov. J.B. Pritzkerā€™s virus mitigation plan allowed indoor dining to resume over the weekend at limited capacity in Chicago and its Cook County suburbs.
  • Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot, who told residents to stay home during the holidays, also cheered the return of ā€œlimited indoor dining and more.ā€
  • Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser lifted a ban on indoor dining on Friday, and is going as far as having a ā€œRestaurant Weekā€ promotion.
  • Gov. Gretchen Whitmer announced that Michigan is reopening indoor dining on the first of February.
  • Baltimore Mayor Brandon Scott announced that eateries would reopen for indoor and outdoor dining at a limited capacity last week.
Has the ā€˜scienceā€™ suddenly changed? Is this simply a response to the vaccine created under the guidance of the Trump administration being distributed?
For Whitmer, she credited her shutdown as having worked: ā€œThe pause has worked. The efforts we have made together to protect our families, frontline workers and hospitals have dramatically reduced cases and we have saved lives.ā€
~Snip~
And while cases are on the decline of late, the New York Times reports that new strains of the coronavirus ā€œcould erase progress.ā€
California in particular has seen the emergence of a ā€œhome grown mutationā€ of COVID.
Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™d prefer the economy be opened back up to full capacity, but it was some Democrats and the media who insisted under President Trump that any suggestion of opening up businesses meant you wanted to kill seniors and children.

Comment:
Quelle Surprise!!
Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Leftists by hook and crook got what they wanted on January 20th. Now, they think they can ease their state economies back into high gear without any pushback. Poor idiots cannot fathom how two-faced they really do appear to be. Wait till they come to the full realization of how many businesses will not be reopening and listen for them to begin blaming all the shut-down on Trump.
Amid the second surge of the Wuhan Covid-19 virus in the states (Blue) heaviest hit, governors (Democrats all) have made the decision to begin to lift restrictions on the residents dwelling within.
That's because cases there have plateaued and are finally coming down. I looked up California, it's the same in my state, and obviously in Michigan, according to Governor Whitmer's remarks. The regular flu tends to do the same thing, with cases beginning to tail off in Feb. Don't know why, but we'll take it!

~~~~~~
Come On Man!! don't go pissing down my leg and tell me it's raining... Last week Fauci, Cuomo, Newsom and Whitmer including China Joey Xi were claiming that the Wuhan Virus was getting worse and forecasting a gloomy picture for the future.

Did you put up the wrong link? It says this garbage is lies. Should I assume the rest are lies as well? Since I don't live in any of those states I don't follow their pressers on the Covid situation. The last I heard Fauci say a couple days ago was that the cases seem to have plateaued nationwide and seem to be going down. That would be the reason things are beginning to open back up in places. To think Covid restrictions were designed to damage Trump is supremely self centered and not true. If things are getting better, we should all be relieved, don't you think? Falling for this kind of conspiratorial nonsense is not sensible.
Suggesting Wuhan lockdowns were stretched out to hurt trump is obvious. Duh.
As obvious as election fraud? Who but a narcissist would see emergency measures to save lives during a pandemic as something designed to hurt HIM? This all comes from Trump's self centered brain. It's not real.
I was speaking for Americans, not trump. This was about removing Trump in the name of inserting demmunists.
Obvious election fraud in the name of demmunism.
The election theft is obvious to honest people.

Dumbass, you know what California and other solid blue states had to do for Trump to lose there? NOTHING.

Do you also know who re-opens? THE ONES THAT CLOSED, which are mostly Democrat.
WTF are you talking about?

It's already in the simplest form, wtf do you not understand?

Trump could never win in California, so saying that the state shutdown to somehow hurt his electoral chances is NUTS.
Hurting the economy transcends states. Itā€™s not only about California.

What you are saying is just plain stupid
But you canā€™t counter.

Jeeesus, you don't know when to quit a dead end argument do you?

You are actually arguing (without any evidence) that Newsom caused all the financial pain and inconvinience to his state and constituency, just to register a rounding error contraction on a national level and somehow hurt Trump is fn STUPID.

Don't be stupid..mmmk?

Blue States, Cities Loosen COVID Restrictions Less Than One Week After Biden Inauguration - The Political Insider

A surprising number of mostly blue states and cities have announced a return to indoor dining and loosened other COVID restrictions less than one week after President Bidenā€™s inauguration.
ā€œMillions of jobs have been lost,ā€ Biden lamented during his inaugural speech. ā€œHundreds of thousands of businesses closed.ā€
Some of the hardest-hit have been restaurants and bars, with restrictions or flat-out lockdowns being imposed.
Many businesses were the victims of draconian measures put in place by Democrat (and some Republican) politicians who justified their decisions by citing science and expert advice. But now, some of those same politicians are suddenly experiencing a change of heart.
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo got the ball rolling just before Bidenā€™s entrance to the White House.
Cuomo, who had micromanaged the pandemic response to extreme degrees ā€“ implementing curfews and even dictating what kinds of food were acceptable to eat when out at a bar ā€“ suddenly had an epiphany.
ā€œWe simply cannot stay closed until the vaccine hits critical mass,ā€ Cuomo announced.
Relaxing Restrictions
A slew of Democrat politicians have announced relaxing restrictions on restaurants and bars in the week since President Biden was inaugurated.
  • California Governor Gavin Newsom surprised his stateā€™s residents with an announcement just hours ago ā€œallowing the reopening of outdoor dining, indoor salons.ā€
  • Democratic Gov. J.B. Pritzkerā€™s virus mitigation plan allowed indoor dining to resume over the weekend at limited capacity in Chicago and its Cook County suburbs.
  • Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot, who told residents to stay home during the holidays, also cheered the return of ā€œlimited indoor dining and more.ā€
  • Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser lifted a ban on indoor dining on Friday, and is going as far as having a ā€œRestaurant Weekā€ promotion.
  • Gov. Gretchen Whitmer announced that Michigan is reopening indoor dining on the first of February.
  • Baltimore Mayor Brandon Scott announced that eateries would reopen for indoor and outdoor dining at a limited capacity last week.
Has the ā€˜scienceā€™ suddenly changed? Is this simply a response to the vaccine created under the guidance of the Trump administration being distributed?
For Whitmer, she credited her shutdown as having worked: ā€œThe pause has worked. The efforts we have made together to protect our families, frontline workers and hospitals have dramatically reduced cases and we have saved lives.ā€
~Snip~
And while cases are on the decline of late, the New York Times reports that new strains of the coronavirus ā€œcould erase progress.ā€
California in particular has seen the emergence of a ā€œhome grown mutationā€ of COVID.
Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™d prefer the economy be opened back up to full capacity, but it was some Democrats and the media who insisted under President Trump that any suggestion of opening up businesses meant you wanted to kill seniors and children.

Comment:
Quelle Surprise!!
Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Leftists by hook and crook got what they wanted on January 20th. Now, they think they can ease their state economies back into high gear without any pushback. Poor idiots cannot fathom how two-faced they really do appear to be. Wait till they come to the full realization of how many businesses will not be reopening and listen for them to begin blaming all the shut-down on Trump.
Amid the second surge of the Wuhan Covid-19 virus in the states (Blue) heaviest hit, governors (Democrats all) have made the decision to begin to lift restrictions on the residents dwelling within.
That's because cases there have plateaued and are finally coming down. I looked up California, it's the same in my state, and obviously in Michigan, according to Governor Whitmer's remarks. The regular flu tends to do the same thing, with cases beginning to tail off in Feb. Don't know why, but we'll take it!

~~~~~~
Come On Man!! don't go pissing down my leg and tell me it's raining... Last week Fauci, Cuomo, Newsom and Whitmer including China Joey Xi were claiming that the Wuhan Virus was getting worse and forecasting a gloomy picture for the future.

Did you put up the wrong link? It says this garbage is lies. Should I assume the rest are lies as well? Since I don't live in any of those states I don't follow their pressers on the Covid situation. The last I heard Fauci say a couple days ago was that the cases seem to have plateaued nationwide and seem to be going down. That would be the reason things are beginning to open back up in places. To think Covid restrictions were designed to damage Trump is supremely self centered and not true. If things are getting better, we should all be relieved, don't you think? Falling for this kind of conspiratorial nonsense is not sensible.
As obvious as election fraud? Who but a narcissist would see emergency measures to save lives during a pandemic as something designed to hurt HIM? This all comes from Trump's self centered brain. It's not real.
I was speaking for Americans, not trump. This was about removing Trump in the name of inserting demmunists.

Dumbass, you know what California and other solid blue states had to do for Trump to lose there? NOTHING.

Trump could never win in California, so saying that the state shutdown to somehow hurt his electoral chances is NUTS.

But you canā€™t counter.

You are actually arguing (without any evidence) that Newsom caused all the financial pain and inconvinience to his state and constituency, just to register a rounding error contraction on a national level and somehow hurt Trump is fn STUPID.

Don't be stupid..mmmk?
Shutting down an entire economy doesnā€™t cause economic hardship?

Relaxing Restrictions
~Snip~

Comment:
Quelle Surprise!!

~~~~~~

But you canā€™t counter.

Don't be stupid..mmmk?

Newsome doesn't run "an entire economy" DUH. He is a California governor who issued stay at home orders on December 4th as infection rates started getting out of control again. This then depressed California's activity, but of course this wouldn't even be seen in the data untill months AFTER THE ELECTION.

To say this was done to affect national statistics is incoherent, ignorant, stupid pile of politico bullshit.

Last edited:

Relaxing Restrictions
~Snip~

Comment:
Quelle Surprise!!

~~~~~~

But you canā€™t counter.

Don't be stupid..mmmk?

Newsome doesn't run "an entire economy" DUH.
He impacted it with his lockdowns.
Did someone drop you on your head?

Relaxing Restrictions
~Snip~

Comment:
Quelle Surprise!!

~~~~~~

But you canā€™t counter.

Don't be stupid..mmmk?

~~~~~~

Meanwhile Newsom violates his own draconian laws.....

Relaxing Restrictions
~Snip~

Comment:
Quelle Surprise!!

~~~~~~

But you canā€™t counter.

Don't be stupid..mmmk?

Moron, you can't influence an economy in 4 days, contraction doesn't even get reflected in economic data for months.

You ideas are totally stupid.

Relaxing Restrictions
~Snip~

Comment:
Quelle Surprise!!

~~~~~~

But you canā€™t counter.

Don't be stupid..mmmk?

Moron, you can't influence an economy in 4 days, contraction doesn't even get reflected in economic data for months.

You ideas are totally stupid.
4 days? This has been going on for a year.
Did someone drop you on your head again?

It truly takes your level of stupidity to continue to believe all these seizures and abuses of power were intended to protect our health and safety against a hyperbolized flu bug.

From the beginning, it was about enriching and empowering corrupt politicians, to the detriment of those of us whom they are supposed to serve. And whether through ignorance or malice, useful idiots such as yourself are complicit and culpable in these abuses.

Heads up, you sound insane.

No one in their right mind would ON PURPOSE cripple their state.
People who suffer from severe TDS are not in their right mind.

It truly takes your level of stupidity to continue to believe all these seizures and abuses of power were intended to protect our health and safety against a hyperbolized flu bug.

From the beginning, it was about enriching and empowering corrupt politicians, to the detriment of those of us whom they are supposed to serve. And whether through ignorance or malice, useful idiots such as yourself are complicit and culpable in these abuses.

Thatā€™s because theyā€™re in their left mind.

To you nutbag Trumpsters everyone who is not a Trumpster is suffering from TDS. It's your explanation for anything and everything, no consideration of facts required.

Forum List

Back