Bloomberg Refuses National Guard Entry Into Brooklyn Because They Carry Guns

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
by Jim Hoft @ Bloomberg Refuses National Guard Entry Into Brooklyn Because They Carry Guns | Conservative News, Views & Books

MC4_Army_National_Guard_nmn1.jpg

The Gateway

Mayor Michael Bloomberg turned the National Guard away from Brooklyn because they were carrying guns.
NewsBusters reported, via FOX Nation:

Mayor Bloomberg has snubbed Borough President Markowitz’s impassioned plea to bring the National Guard to Hurricane Sandy-scarred Brooklyn — arguing that approving the Beep’s request would be a waste of federal manpower and turn the borough into a police state.

“We don’t need it,” Mayor Bloomberg said on Wednesday during a press update on the city’s ongoing Hurricane Sandy cleanup. “The NYPD is the only people we want on the street with guns.”

Markowitz demanded the National Guard’s help just an hour before Bloomberg’s press conference, claiming that the NYPD and FDNY are “brave — but overwhelmed” by all the challenges Sandy brought when it visited the borough on Monday night: flooding, power outages, and looting.

The post Bloomberg Refuses National Guard Entry Into Brooklyn Because They Carry Guns appeared first on Conservative News, Views & Books.

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

That's incorrect.

I live in Brooklyn.

They were on the BQE yesterday.

How many times you peeps going to post the same thing.

Why hasn't Bloomberg released the supplies for the marathon that aren't being used. There are 200 porta potties, thousands of bottles of water, more than 2,000 mylar space blankets, tons of food, generators, heaters. All sitting there. Why? Any ideas?

Borough President Markowitz and Mayor Bloomberg at odds over National Guard response for Hurricane Sandy • The Brooklyn Paper
Mayor Bloomberg has snubbed Borough President Markowitz’s impassioned plea to bring the National Guard to Hurricane Sandy-scarred Brooklyn — arguing that approving the Beep’s request would be a waste of federal manpower and turn the borough into a police state.

“We don’t need it,” Mayor Bloomberg said on Wednesday during a press update on the city’s ongoing Hurricane Sandy cleanup. “The NYPD is the only people we want on the street with guns.”

by Jim Hoft @ Bloomberg Refuses National Guard Entry Into Brooklyn Because They Carry Guns | Conservative News, Views & Books

MC4_Army_National_Guard_nmn1.jpg

The Gateway

Mayor Michael Bloomberg turned the National Guard away from Brooklyn because they were carrying guns.
NewsBusters reported, via FOX Nation:

Markowitz demanded the National Guard’s help just an hour before Bloomberg’s press conference, claiming that the NYPD and FDNY are “brave — but overwhelmed” by all the challenges Sandy brought when it visited the borough on Monday night: flooding, power outages, and looting.

The post Bloomberg Refuses National Guard Entry Into Brooklyn Because They Carry Guns appeared first on Conservative News, Views & Books.

Bloomberg remembers Kent State.

Why hasn't Bloomberg released the supplies for the marathon that aren't being used. There are 200 porta potties, thousands of bottles of water, more than 2,000 mylar space blankets, tons of food, generators, heaters. All sitting there. Why? Any ideas?

Why did he have such a retarded idea like holding a marathon tying up valuable resources in a time of emergency? How did this man become a mayor? Who in the right mind viewed the marathon as a good idea, and what people on his staff encouraged the idea? Why does he think he can tell people what they can and can't drink? If he is going to tell people what they can and can't drink then why not put a limit on alcohol over soda, it usually has just as much calories and people tend to drink that in excess a lot more...make the streets safer too? Why is not "looking" like a military state a bigger concern, than keeping your citizens safe from kids who are taking advantage of people in an emergency state while 90% of your police force is keeping order at gas stations and food distributors?

These are some other questions I would like an answer to.

by jim hoft @ bloomberg refuses national guard entry into brooklyn because they carry guns | conservative news, views & books

mc4_army_national_guard_nmn1.jpg

the gateway

mayor michael bloomberg turned the national guard away from brooklyn because they were carrying guns.
Newsbusters reported, via fox nation:

Mayor bloomberg has snubbed borough president markowitz’s impassioned plea to bring the national guard to hurricane sandy-scarred brooklyn — arguing that approving the beep’s request would be a waste of federal manpower and turn the borough into a police state.

“we don’t need it,” mayor bloomberg said on wednesday during a press update on the city’s ongoing hurricane sandy cleanup. “the nypd is the only people we want on the street with guns.”

markowitz demanded the national guard’s help just an hour before bloomberg’s press conference, claiming that the nypd and fdny are “brave — but overwhelmed” by all the challenges sandy brought when it visited the borough on monday night: Flooding, power outages, and looting.

The post bloomberg refuses national guard entry into brooklyn because they carry guns appeared first on conservative news, views & books.

kent state!!!!

I very much do not like seeing people in fatigues with guns on American soil, Little Rock being an exception. I don't see why the National Guardmen would need to be issued their firearms to do what they need to do.

Better seeing men and women in uniform with guns on American soil than some civilian who's bought an AK in his local gun store. Besides, isn't this why the US has the national guard? For situations including disaster relief? Better make use of them rather than having them sitting around.

Better seeing men and women in uniform with guns on American soil than some civilian who's bought an AK in his local gun store. Besides, isn't this why the US has the national guard? For situations including disaster relief? Better make use of them rather than having them sitting around.

Are you the same poster as CrusaderFrank? You don't seem quite as frantic, somehow.

Law abiding citizens with Ak-47's scare you huh? Boo! :lol:

That's incorrect.

I live in Brooklyn.

They were on the BQE yesterday.

How many times you peeps going to post the same thing.

were they armed?....

Well..I guess they were.

I just saw several big trucks going the opposite direction and I didn't have enough forethought to cross the median on the BQE to check..so I could debunk these nutter threads.

:rolleyes: The National Guard has three armories in NYC.

Negged for being a tool.

so you neg me because I posted a link to a paper from that town that says otherwise? Wow! If that's all it takes to give a negative, ravi, how shallow are you?
Oh, and simply because they have armories doesn't mean they are walking around with their guns off base, now does it? The comparison is really a non-sequitur.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back