Bloomberg Refused Second Slice of Pizza at Local Restaurant

hjmick

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2007
Charleston, SC
If only this were true...

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg was denied a second slice of pizza today at an Italian eatery in Brooklyn.

The owners of Collegno's Pizzeria say they refused to serve him more than one piece to protest Bloomberg's proposed soda ban,which would limit the portions of soda sold in the city.

Bloomberg was having an informal working lunch with city comptroller John Liu at the time and was enraged by the embarrassing prohibition. The owners would not relent, however, and the pair were forced to decamp to another restaurant to finish their meal.

Witnesses say the situation unfolded when as the two were looking over budget documents, they realized they needed more food than originally ordered.

"Hey, could I get another pepperoni over here?" Bloomberg asked owner Antonio Benito.

"I'm sorry sir," he replied, "we can't do that. You've reached your personal slice limit."

Too fucking funny...

Bloomberg Refused Second Slice of Pizza at Local Restaurant - The Daily Currant

That was great. I saw it before. I'd have loved the pizza guy to bring Bloomberg a steaming bowl of plain thick oatmeal after he said he skipped breakfast.

This getting close to satire, though it could be fleshed out. We know it isn't true, but it makes a point while being funny.

I think some of the other titles are way more funny:

Sarah Palin calls for Invasion of Czech Republic

Anne Coulter refuses to Board Airplane With Black Pilot

Bestiality Surges Hours After New Zealand Legalizes Gay Marriage

Paul Krugman Declares Personal Bankruptcy (Remember when right wingers totally believed this?)

Paul Krugman Declares Personal Bankruptcy (Remember when right wingers totally believed this?)

How about that Chinese river in Texas?

agreed. rw'ers even thought that a Repub candidate was a shoe-in for the 2012 Presidential election :rofl:

How about that Chinese river in Texas?

Or believing that Onion articles are true. You forgot that one. If you can't get them with a truth, smear them with a lie. We call that, "Republican Strategy 101". It's what they do when they have nothing else. And they have nothing else.

Forum List

Back