Bloomberg Poll- Americans See Race Relations Worsening Since Obama's Election

Here's an idea.. Why don't you and other 'concerned' know it all's, clean up you own mess. Always relying on somonoe else to 'fix' things for you whether socially, or economical-Geaux

Well, we can't have that.

Neither side of this issue is willing to look in the mirror and clean their own house first.

Pointing the finger, no matter how cowardly, no matter how dishonest, is much easier.

OK, I see two sides of this issue. One side says pull YOURSELF up by YOUR bootstraps and get to work. The other side says that the "man" is holding the black man down through lack of educational opportunity and racism.

Now how do we get across to anyone that the former makes sense the latter just makes excuses? One way is to point out success. Winfrey, Michelle Obama, Thomas Sowell, and many other blacks who did exactly that should be held up as the goal. There are whole football teams that show what hard work gets a person. One thing that bothers me is when some of the stars are interviewed and they barely speak understandable English, but that's another subject.

So those who say pull yourself up had better make sure the playing field is level. I do believe we have done that. Unfortunately the playing field sometimes is not on the level of those who need to move up the most. A company today can't make a test for applicants because the test must be made for all cultures. In other words it can't be in plain English because that would be unfair. We are losing our collective minds in my opinion. Every time I have been employed with a black person that black person moved ahead or declined, not because they were black, although that can be an actual advantage, but because of the work they did.

This is a cultural issue that has become completely polluted and distorted by politics. Which is what politics does to pretty much everything.

Both ends of this issue need to sincerely look in the mirror and clean their own house, because there is fault everywhere. To me, what we need is national leaders (political, business, cultural, you name it) to be brave and step forward and demand that their "side" does this. The American public seems to respond when figures they like endorse something, let's endorse that.

Still hoping.

Here's an idea.. Why don't you and other 'concerned' know it all's, clean up you own mess. Always relying on somonoe else to 'fix' things for you whether socially, or economical-Geaux

Well, we can't have that.

Neither side of this issue is willing to look in the mirror and clean their own house first.

Pointing the finger, no matter how cowardly, no matter how dishonest, is much easier.

OK, I see two sides of this issue. One side says pull YOURSELF up by YOUR bootstraps and get to work. The other side says that the "man" is holding the black man down through lack of educational opportunity and racism.

Now how do we get across to anyone that the former makes sense the latter just makes excuses? One way is to point out success. Winfrey, Michelle Obama, Thomas Sowell, and many other blacks who did exactly that should be held up as the goal. There are whole football teams that show what hard work gets a person. One thing that bothers me is when some of the stars are interviewed and they barely speak understandable English, but that's another subject.

So those who say pull yourself up had better make sure the playing field is level. I do believe we have done that. Unfortunately the playing field sometimes is not on the level of those who need to move up the most. A company today can't make a test for applicants because the test must be made for all cultures. In other words it can't be in plain English because that would be unfair. We are losing our collective minds in my opinion. Every time I have been employed with a black person that black person moved ahead or declined, not because they were black, although that can be an actual advantage, but because of the work they did.

This is a cultural issue that has become completely polluted and distorted by politics. Which is what politics does to pretty much everything.

Both ends of this issue need to sincerely look in the mirror and clean their own house, because there is fault everywhere. To me, what we need is national leaders (political, business, cultural, you name it) to be brave and step forward and demand that their "side" does this. The American public seems to respond when figures they like endorse something, let's endorse that.

Still hoping.

My opinion, the opportunities are not there for the poor person, white or black. The untenable position of the Democrats and Obama of letting even more poor, uneducated and untrained into the country is foolishness.

Give a person a road to success and if they don't follow that road then it is on them. We have come a long way since the democrats stood in the school building doorway. We have come a long way from Selma but unfortunately there are those who wish to make us believe that progress never happened. The only way out is to stop relying on "groups" and rely on one's self. Nothing else works. And if someone gets in the way of a person who fairly works hard because of color then I will be the first to defend that person of color.

The Michael Brown episode is over. The Grand Jury had it right. Forensics and witnesses testified to the truthfulness of Wilson.

If you want to make hay...talk about the choke hold death. There was wrong doing there. The police officer was wrong.

I realize Garner is more sympathetic to the Right Wing because he was a tax cheat, but really, the Brown thing is a lot worse.

Those cops didn't intend to kill Garner, and Garner's own poor health contributed to his death.

Wilson straight up murdered Brown.

No he didn't. Brown attacked Wilson. Brown attempted to grab Wilson's gun. And the forensic evidence backs Wilson's account.

Brown assaulted a store owner while robbing him only minutes before Wilson shot him. Brown assaulted Wilson only seconds before Wilson shot him. A third attempt at assault is utterly plausible. And more than establishes reasonable doubt.

Which obviously isn't 'straight up murder'.

The Michael Brown episode is over. The Grand Jury had it right. Forensics and witnesses testified to the truthfulness of Wilson.

If you want to make hay...talk about the choke hold death. There was wrong doing there. The police officer was wrong.

I agree. Brown's death was tragic. But justified by the evidence. Garner's death wasn't. Its a much stronger case for police misconduct. Especially since there were so many people there to help the officer subdue the suspect. While Wilson was by himself against a violent 6'5 350 pound man reaching for his gun.

Forum List

Back