Bloomberg Helping Ex Felons In Florida To Vote

Regardless of who the felons vote for, paying their fines is against Florida law.
" "[Under Florida law] it’s a third-degree felony for someone to either directly or indirectly provide something of value to impact whether or not someone votes," Gaetz explained. "So the question is whether or not paying off someone’s fines and legal obligations counts as something of value, and it clearly does. " Bloomberg's organization had a memo leaked which specifically links the payments to voting. Bloomberg is toast. Of course he won't spend a day in jail for his felony.
This is all accepted as fact among thinking people. It's always the damned stupid people that eff everything up!

It is just adaucious how much Democrats simply assume that they wont be prosecuted for this shit. They know the DC Establishment has their back.

Beyond Bloomberg, several philanthropic groups have poured money into paying off debts owed by felons - including a nonprofit founded by LeBron James. Bloomberg's effort, meanwhile, is "narrowly focused only on Black and Hispanic voters" whose debts are less than $1,500.
"Mike wanted to get this done for two reasons," a Bloomberg adviser told the Post. "One, because it’s the right thing to do for the democracy. And two, because it immediately activates tens of thousands of voters who are predisposed to vote for Joe Biden."
The Bloomberg memo pointed out that the 31,790 targeted voters, including 25,548 who are Black, are nearly equivalent to the margin by which Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis won election in 2018, and about three times as big as the margin that elected Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.) that same year.
It said Florida voters have largely already made up their minds about the November election, leaving “only a small margin of voters that are targets for persuasion.” -Washington Post
"We know to win Florida we will need to persuade, motivate and add new votes to the Biden column," reads the document. "This means we need to explore all avenues for finding the needed votes when so many votes are already determined."

Buying votes is a Democrat tradition, but it is illegal and they dont give a shit.

go Mike, fuck right wing traitors!!!!!

1600912571346.png

1. Nope. Kind of soured on gun rights right now, but other folks are for restoring gun rights, they can deal with it.
2. Not sure....probably not. Voting is an integral right in the democratic process, running for office is not.

A bit strange than that if you're NOT HOT on restoring felon rights for GUN Ownership or running for office -- that you're spending THIS MUCH time defending their right to vote? Do ya get the irony there or not?

In reality -- I'm in favor of a path to restore EVERYTHING to felons over a long process.. But WITHOUT being used as political pawns or political wedge issues.. YEP -- vote, guns, child custody, becoming a mayor or even Governor..
I don't think voting rights are much of a disincentive. People don't think, before robbing a bank...what if I get caught and lose my right to vote?

There is no need to tighten anything to compensate. Many states already restore voting rights. Originally - only those who had committed truly horrific crimes had there voting rights permanently removed (and I'm fine with that) - but many felonies do not fall in that category.

Again -- USUALLY those who favor restoring felon rights like I do -- are MORE CONCERNED about the all SUBSTANTIALLY more serious lost rights than voting.. But voting gets you RAZZED UP - for some reason -- dont it????

There is no irony.

VOTING IS THE MOST IMPORTANT RIGHT IN A REPRESENTATIVE DEMOCRACY.

What part of that do you NOT GET?

It is also a right that has been infringed on too easily historically, to prevent certain groups from voting.

Removing voting rights from felons today, is based on a legacy of racist laws inacted after emancipation to prevent black people from voting. Prior to that, it was only done for tbe most egregious crimes. why is it so important that felons be denied the right to vote once they have completed their sentence? Why exactly should it be a “long process”. In fact seems to me denying them this right is itself a political wedge issue. Florida passed by ballot initiative, a constitutional amendment restoring voting rights to felons. Republicans have been doing everything they can to overturn it. Now that is political.

I am all for returning all their rights...with some exceptions. Some one who committed a crime of violence should never have a gun and someone who committed a crime that violated their professional licensure and caused harm should not have it restored. But in a country, where much of the world lacks the abiliyt to vote, voting is an important right.

But voting gives access to all other rights. The fla gop is mostly concerned about denying poor blacks the vote, but there's a reason other rights are taken from them.
Hey pathetic dope....Michael Bloomberg would not drop 16 million dollars to gain black and Hispanic felons
voting rights if he wasn't getting something for his money.
It's a Joe Biden quid pro quo again. Grow a brain stem.

There is no irony.

All of it.. More important than GETTING EMPLOYED? More important than having a right to take your own child away from a crack addict mother? LIFE is more important than voting.,. And I'll toss in self protection and gun rights into that..

Don't think you've pondered all the CITIZEN BENEFITS that felons cant receive.. They basically HAVE NO LIFE or rights. So voting alone is a cynical way to "help" them...

Participating in a bribery scam is not the way to embark on a crime free life.
All felons accepting money from Michael Bloomberg should know they are
paving their way back to prison.

Matt Gaetz is a flaming idiot. Mini-Mike is doing no such thing. Bribe? Please - They can vote however they wish.
Yes BRIBE------------that he has admitted that he is giving money to in exchange for votes.

He fundraised and gave the money to an organization that restores felon voting rights. So what?

Does that mean anyone - ANYONE who gives money to political organizations, is guilty of buying votes?

That's what they are going to investigate.

"[Under Florida law] it’s a third-degree felony for someone to either directly or indirectly provide something of value to impact whether or not someone votes," Gaetz explained. "So the question is whether or not paying off someone’s fines and legal obligations counts as something of value, and it clearly does.

Bloomberg said about the money: We know in order to win Florida, we need to persuade, motivate, and add new voters to the Biden column.

So what he's doing is admitting he's paying off their restitutions to get ex-cons to vote for Biden, as if it needed to be said, given the fact most of them are black, and most all blacks vote Democrat. Bloomberg belongs in prison.

Nothing illegal there unless there is a "pro-quo" attached. If he gave the money to a non-profit that non-politically uses it, how is that illegal? People can do all sorts of things legally to "get out the vote". For example, they can rent a bus and drive people after church down to their polling place - but the can't discuss voting with them, encourage or pressure or make it conditional upon a certain candidate - that's where it becomes illegal.

Bloomberg is arrogant, but he isn't stupid. If he fundraised and donated the money to this non-profit, with no strings attached (ie - telling them it can only go to Biden voters) - then he didn't do anything illegal.

Serves Florida right for disregarding the will of their voters in restoring felon voting rights, frankly.
Read the Florida law. It’s been quoted here several times. It doesn’t matter how the felon votes the crime is giving then something of value to enable them to vote.

Anyone can pay fines and fees for anyone.

Nothing illegal. Quite noble of Mayor Mike, in fact.

There is no irony.

All of it.. More important than GETTING EMPLOYED? More important than having a right to take your own child away from a crack addict mother? LIFE is more important than voting.,. And I'll toss in self protection and gun rights into that..

Don't think you've pondered all the CITIZEN BENEFITS that felons cant receive.. They basically HAVE NO LIFE or rights. So voting alone is a cynical way to "help" them...

Are we talking about rights or Rights?

Because you are making this a whole lot broader... And yes, I probably DO NOT know all of what is denied them, since it varies by state. But the issue, not just now but for some time across this country, has been restoring voting rights. This has not been a sudden 2020 moment.

Different groups fight for different rights...like NRA for 2A. They don’t focus on the whole spectrum of rights. So is that cynical?

As a member of a group that did not attain voting rights until 1920 ... I consider it important.

1. Nope. Kind of soured on gun rights right now, but other folks are for restoring gun rights, they can deal with it.
2. Not sure....probably not. Voting is an integral right in the democratic process, running for office is not.

A bit strange than that if you're NOT HOT on restoring felon rights for GUN Ownership or running for office -- that you're spending THIS MUCH time defending their right to vote? Do ya get the irony there or not?

In reality -- I'm in favor of a path to restore EVERYTHING to felons over a long process.. But WITHOUT being used as political pawns or political wedge issues.. YEP -- vote, guns, child custody, becoming a mayor or even Governor..
I don't think voting rights are much of a disincentive. People don't think, before robbing a bank...what if I get caught and lose my right to vote?

There is no need to tighten anything to compensate. Many states already restore voting rights. Originally - only those who had committed truly horrific crimes had there voting rights permanently removed (and I'm fine with that) - but many felonies do not fall in that category.

Again -- USUALLY those who favor restoring felon rights like I do -- are MORE CONCERNED about the all SUBSTANTIALLY more serious lost rights than voting.. But voting gets you RAZZED UP - for some reason -- dont it????

There is no irony.

It is also a right that has been infringed on too easily historically, to prevent certain groups from voting.

Removing voting rights from felons today, is based on a legacy of racist laws inacted after emancipation to prevent black people from voting. Prior to that, it was only done for tbe most egregious crimes. why is it so important that felons be denied the right to vote once they have completed their sentence? Why exactly should it be a “long process”. In fact seems to me denying them this right is itself a political wedge issue. Florida passed by ballot initiative, a constitutional amendment restoring voting rights to felons. Republicans have been doing everything they can to overturn it. Now that is political.

I am all for returning all their rights...with some exceptions. Some one who committed a crime of violence should never have a gun and someone who committed a crime that violated their professional licensure and caused harm should not have it restored. But in a country, where much of the world lacks the abiliyt to vote, voting is an important right.

Let's go with that for a moment. If voting is such an important right, why do all statistics show that states that allow ex-cons to vote are very inactive? Why is losing that right not a strong enough deterrent to stop people from committing crimes? I'd be willing to bet that most people who went to prison didn't vote beforehand.

Nobody is trying to overturn the vote of the people in Florida. However if rights are to be restored after the penalty of the crime, then part of that penalty is restoration of money to the state or victim(s).

There is no irony.

Let's go with that for a moment. If voting is such an important right, why do all statistics show that states that allow ex-cons to vote are very inactive? Why is losing that right not a strong enough deterrent to stop people from committing crimes? I'd be willing to bet that most people who went to prison didn't vote beforehand.

Nobody is trying to overturn the vote of the people in Florida. However if rights are to be restored after the penalty of the crime, then part of that penalty is restoration of money to the state or victim(s).

You can make that argument about any right that is removed due to a felony.

There is no irony.

Because you are making this a whole lot broader... And yes, I probably DO NOT know all of what is denied them, since it varies by state. But the issue, not just now but for some time across this country, has been restoring voting rights. This has not been a sudden 2020 moment.

Different groups fight for different rights...like NRA for 2A. They don’t focus on the whole spectrum of rights. So is that cynical?

As a member of a group that did not attain voting rights until 1920 ... I consider it important.

Just seems awfully strange that you're putting yourself out to fix their VOTING and not loss of EVERY OTHER RIGHT that they suffer. Generally won't REALLY be appreciated as much as you may think...

But it was the VOTERS of Fla who passed an initiative to restore their voting rights and NOT "the rest of their lives".. Seems odd to me that ANY of these ex-felons would be really grateful...

The legal battle stems from a constitutional amendment passed by Florida voters in 2018 that allows most felons to vote after their sentences are complete. Those convicted of murder or a felony sexual offense are not included.

In response, the Republican-controlled state Legislature passed and Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a law requiring that felons first pay all of their financial obligations.

"Because court costs and fees are legitimate parts of a criminal sentence – that is, part of the debt to society that felons must pay for their crimes – there is no basis to regard them as a tax," the appeals court ruled.

Most states restore felons' voting rights after their sentences are complete. Many states impose additional requirements. Florida is among 11 states with the most restrictive rules, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

I wonder have democrats ever considered that they are just as wrong as people think they are - when their plan to victory involves getting elected by felons.

Obviously felons should not vote. There already are enough democrats who vote just like criminals - not for the benefit of the nation but to buy themselves free shit.

Why, assuming they did their time? The initial big push for felonies (other than the most egregious) to be ineligible for voting was racism. I don't care if they vote, just like I don't care if RWNJ racists vote. It's an American right.

You all for restoring their gun rights also? How about running for political office.. We DO need more professional criminals in politics.

I'm OK with them rejoining society, but it lowers the disincentives for committing crimes.. So MAYBE -- the sentencing and parole procedures need to be tightened to compensate.

It's clear that this story about Bloomberg is correct.. They selected only the "Cheaper pay-outs" -- less than $2000.. And the process is not complete unless the FELON follows thru with a state appeal.. SO -- I'm CERTAIN that the organization that Bloomberg formed has VERBAL maybe physical contact with the recipient to make sure that they follow thru QUICKLY on submitting the paperwork in time for the Nov election. Time's running out in Florida to register.. Don't KNOW the date -- but even if they miss this election, that adds a city size chunk of Dem voters to the rolls. And when the felon ASKS where the money comes from -- Bloomberg craftily added a funding arm with prime sports/entertainment figures covering his money.. A bit like laundering the "quo"...

But it would only take ONE of these beneficiaries to rat them out and MAKE it completely illegal if they were TOLD that prominent Democrats were SOLELY behind the efforts "to help them vote"... But the rest of us KNOW -- this is already obvious. Sorry you dont get it..

does not seem illegal to me------take a felon to lunch kinda thing
You can take a felon to lunch-----but if you take him to lunch so he will vote for your candidate and especially if you are dumb enough to admit it---then you get to go to prison. Bloomberg has been in NY to long---he thinks he is above the law and can buy votes----Florida isn't New York

And you and everyone else should know deep down inside that buying votes is illegal and immoral.

I don't think anyone is under any illusions that Bloomberg is particularly moral, but you guys have a ways to go to prove he is "buying" votes. So far - your arguements could apply to anyone who donates to this group and hopes they will vote a certain way afterwards.

Who needs to prove it, he wrote about it.

Can you show me where he wrote that he is donating this money with the contingency that the recipients must vote for Biden? If he did that, then yes, he royally screwed himself.
And why are we going down this rabbit hole....................contingency or not makes no different...he admitted that he was donating the money in order to buy votes from felons who expected to net him around 30000 votes in florida basically....this is a FELONY in Florida. And btw under rico conspiracy charges when one is guilty all are--------so now we got Bloomberg and all of those other racist dem thugs like LeBron James...the only thing that may save them is that I dont think they actually gave out any of the money yet-----------
Anyone can pay fines and fees for anyone.

Nothing illegal. Quite noble of Mayor Mike, in fact.
Not when you are doing it to buy votes---then it becomes a felony.

There is no irony.

Just seems awfully strange that you're putting yourself out to fix their VOTING and not loss of EVERY OTHER RIGHT that they suffer. Generally won't REALLY be appreciated as much as you may think...

But it was the VOTERS of Fla who passed an initiative to restore their voting rights and NOT "the rest of their lives".. Seems odd to me that ANY of these ex-felons would be really grateful...

The legal battle stems from a constitutional amendment passed by Florida voters in 2018 that allows most felons to vote after their sentences are complete. Those convicted of murder or a felony sexual offense are not included.

In response, the Republican-controlled state Legislature passed and Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a law requiring that felons first pay all of their financial obligations.

"Because court costs and fees are legitimate parts of a criminal sentence – that is, part of the debt to society that felons must pay for their crimes – there is no basis to regard them as a tax," the appeals court ruled.

Most states restore felons' voting rights after their sentences are complete. Many states impose additional requirements. Florida is among 11 states with the most restrictive rules, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

I believe you may be wrong on this one. Coyote was certainly cheering all the way as the criminals were released from prison to Burn, Loot and Murder because of the virus. On an election year of course, because the party that is morally just really needs those criminal votes.

There is no irony.

I believe you may be wrong on this one. Coyote was certainly cheering all the way as the criminals were released from prison to Burn, Loot and Murder because of the virus. On an election year of course, because the party that is morally just really needs those criminal votes.
I was on my break, but it doesn't surprise me.......burn down the minority business......like a good klansman.

There is no irony.

You can make that argument about any right that is removed due to a felony.

I can only think of a few, and that is voting and gun rights. The difference is gun rights are never restored.

Forum List

Back