Bloomberg has bought his way into the Nevada debate!

Is the Democrat Base intelligent enough to see that ANYONE can hire a team of toadies to create television ads that will make them look great? Even if they are despicable individuals.

On the other hand, whether you like The Donald or not, he HAS demonstrated that there is a very good case to be made for a successful, wealthy businessman coming in and being JUST AS GOOD as a career elected official. He doesn't have to kiss anyone's ass for political support, he doesn't have to "worry" about getting re-elected, he is not grubbing around for lucrative opportunities after leaving office.

What's pathetic is that people like Gabbard, even with all of her progressive tendencies, is the only one that is talking about meaningful things like the rigged nomination process and the endless unconstitutional military occupation can't even get on the debate stage.

Both sides are like that, though. I remember they did the same thing to Ron via the RNC.

Thread reminds me of a great quote by H.L. Mencken. He was an old newspaper guy.

Emphasis is mine.

The larger the mob, the harder the test. In small areas, before small electorates, a first-rate man occasionally fights his way through, carrying even the mob with him by force of his personality. But when the field is nationwide, and the fight must be waged chiefly at second and third hand, and the force of personality cannot so readily make itself felt, then all the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most easily adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum.

The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

Forum List

Back