Bloody hard to become legal.

domonkoz

Sep 17, 2011
I always here people wondering why Mexicans just don't enter the country legally, since its such an easy feat. In order for any imigrant to get in this country today (as oposed to our ancestors who just got on a boat and waited to get here.) you have to pass a test. 10 random questions are asked and you must get atleast 6. Hard for someone who has never been here, and would of cut our ancestors ability to enter the country by at least 75%. And even worst, people that have lived here their entire lives can barely pass this test.

Heres 10 random questions used by the INS.

The House of Representatives has how many voting members?

If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?

How many justices are on the Supreme Court?

When was the Declaration of Independence adopted?

When was the Constitution written?

How many amendments does the Constitution have?

What did Susan B. Anthony do?

The Federalist Papers supported the passage of the U.S. Constitution. Name one of the writers.

What territory did the United States buy from France in 1803?

What stops one branch of government from becoming too powerful?

So how did you do? And remember, google isn't in the INS testing room. This doesn't even include the costs and fees associated with becoming a citizen.

I know a really smart, hard working guy who came over from Britain some years ago. He's been fighting back and forth to become a citizen and tells me its a total nightmare dealing with it. This isn't the "give me your tired hungry and poor" anymore its, "stay out, unless you're rich."

Last edited:
Which is why they dangle the jobs in front of the poor and then treat them like criminals the entire time they are here doing the jobs that we let the employers hire them for.

We are a country of immigrants.

Its what made us so strong.

Most republicans can't tell the difference between a Mexican American and an Illegal, those two words have melted together in their minds a long time ago. Unless hes in a suit waving an American flag while speaking flawless english, they just see a filthy job stealing alien.

I always here people wondering why Mexicans just don't enter the country legally, since its such an easy feat. In order for any imigrant to get in this country today (as oposed to our ancestors who just got on a boat and waited to get here.) you have to pass a test. 10 random questions are asked and you must get atleast 6. Hard for someone who has never been here, and would of cut our ancestors ability to enter the country by at least 75%. And even worst, people that have lived here their entire lives can barely pass this test.

If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?

The Federalist Papers supported the passage of the U.S. Constitution. Name one of the writers.

So how did you do? And remember, google isn't in the INS testing room. This doesn't even include the costs and fees associated with becoming a citizen.

I know a really smart, hard working guy who came over from Britain some years ago. He's been fighting back and forth to become a citizen and tells me its a total nightmare dealing with it. This isn't the "give me your tired hungry and poor" anymore its, "stay out, unless you're rich."
Stay out, unless you're an idiot is more accurate.

Most republicans can't tell the difference between a Mexican American and an Illegal, those two words have melted together in their minds a long time ago. Unless hes in a suit waving an American flag while speaking flawless english, they just see a filthy job stealing alien.

How true.

I dont know how many times I have asked someone who I heard saying something about a latino "how do you know they are an illegal?".

Its a sad world when people need to find others to deride so they can feel worthy themselves.

"stay out, unless you're rich."

Having money you're willing to invest in local businesses WILL gain one citizenship to MOST nations.

I think the citzenship-by investment threshold for Canada was about $400,000 five or so years ago.

Don't know if the USA has a specific dollar amount, but I'm fairly certain we have the same instant citizenship deal, too.

And why should it be made easy???? At the time it WAS made easy was because this country NEEDED immigrants. In fact this country went out and BROUGHT immigrants here. The world has changed; this country has changed. It's like comparing apples to oranges in this 21st century.

It's actually much harder than answering a few questions. This flowchart outlines it pretty well:
immigration-flow-chart.jpg

Which is why they dangle the jobs in front of the poor and then treat them like criminals the entire time they are here doing the jobs that we let the employers hire them for.

We are a country of immigrants.

Its what made us so strong.

Aliens and not immigrants. You have a choice to be legal or illegal. Greed causes illegal immigration and many other crimes. Like white collar crimes.
It's not easy being legal in American either. They are no guarentee of a better life here if not for the freebies and handouts.
Don't give me the old cock and bull about children starving in Mexico. Even criminals come here from Mexico for a better life because crime is more lucrative here than in Mexico.
We are no longer in to nation building but in nation survival and most Americans are barely surviving and we do not have the natural resources to substain a population explosion that amnesty would bring. Another amnesty would be the end of a free America.
Lady liberty has served her purpose and need to be buried. Immigrants of old came through Ellis Island and they registered and some were turned away. We need controlled immigration and for the times we are living in we need to freeze all immigration except professionals who can contribute to the economy. No more family visas for the poor.

Immigration has always been what America is about

No - respect for our laws have made America strong and what it's about. Assimilation is one answer and abiding by our Rule of Law (which is going down the tubes. One does not see that anymore. We are too busy catering, pandering, and being politically correct and that is what will cause the demise of this great nation.

Did you know that repeating dumbass leftist talking points is not a substitute for independent, rational thought -- or indeed thought of any kind?

How true.

I dont know how many times I have asked someone who I heard saying something about a latino "how do you know they are an illegal?".

Its a sad world when people need to find others to deride so they can feel worthy themselves.
Then why do you keep doing it?

So, the moral of this thread is: NEVER expect people to adhere to rigorous standands because it's difficult? It's bloody hard to get a PHD, too. It's easer to lie, cheat and commit fraud. Why expect integrity? Why have standards at all? Boo friggin' HOO. Maybe I missed something here, but is there a point to this thread?

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back