Blizzard

Trigg

Oct 26, 2004
midwest
I was outside just now trying to bust through the drifts in my driveway, but I had to give up. I don't know how my husband is going to get his car in. I haven't seen snow like this in years, the kids think it's neat though.

I was outside just now trying to bust through the drifts in my driveway, but I had to give up. I don't know how my husband is going to get his car in. I haven't seen snow like this in years, the kids think it's neat though.

Ah we're snowed in, I got another snow day! :cool: This is my 3rd or 4th snow day in over 8 years, 2nd though this year! Keep that global warming coming!

Ah we're snowed in, I got another snow day! :cool: This is my 3rd or 4th snow day in over 8 years, 2nd though this year! Keep that global warming coming!

you do realize that global warming can cause changes in ocean temperature and currents that would, in certain parts of the globe, bring about much colder overall temperatures?

you are in the midwest, I take it? stay safe and stay warm!

you do realize that global warming can cause changes in ocean temperature and currents that would, in certain parts of the globe, bring about much colder overall temperatures?
Actually, this winter is closer to those I remember when young. I'm not sold on or writing off globabl warming. I do know there is way too much politics being played with it, not enough 'science.' Plenty of scare tactics though. Whoops, guess that goes with the politics.

Did you know that after 9/11 with no planes flying that few days also affected the wind patterns?

I have no doubt... actually..... what we witnessed was wind patterns NOT affected by aircraft turbulence!

:rofl:

My kids are getting some of there projects done though, so it's working for them at least.

My daughter is doing a project on Michigan and my son the Louisiana Purchase.

you are in the midwest, I take it? stay safe and stay warm!

Yep. The last blizzard I went threw was in 19** when I was around 7. I remember thinking how great it was staying home for 2 weeks making snow tunnels.

*whew that was close almost told my age*

:rofl:

My kids are getting some of there projects done though, so it's working for them at least.

My daughter is doing a project on Michigan and my son the Louisiana Purchase.

I bet their teachers too! I graded two sets of projects and two tests. Even corrected some writing papers, most dreaded grading. ;)

I also shoveled the snow 3 times, so far. The driveway snow is very polite, nicely blowing into my neighbor's yard to the west. Unfortunately, the snow from the roof of my neighbor to the east, continues to fill the courtyard walk into my abode!

I bet their teachers too! I graded two sets of projects and two tests. Even corrected some writing papers, most dreaded grading. ;)

I also shoveled the snow 3 times, so far. The driveway snow is very polite, nicely blowing into my neighbor's yard to the west. Unfortunately, the snow from the roof of my neighbor to the east, continues to fill the courtyard walk into my abode!

We have a hill to one side of our drive. The snow blows across the field and DUMPS into our driveway. We have a drift about thigh high in two places. My husband did get his car through (I asked if my efforts had helped and he said " I can't even tell where I just drove through" that was a no I guess). Anyway he's outside right now trying to find the driveway.

We have a hill to one side of our drive. The snow blows across the field and DUMPS into our driveway. We have a drift about thigh high in two places. My husband did get his car through (I asked if my efforts had helped and he said " I can't even tell where I just drove through" that was a no I guess). Anyway he's outside right now trying to find the driveway.

Are your temps hovering around 20? The snow is very light, tg! At the same time our winds are easily 20-50 mph. Lots of drifting. My first house had a long driveway, 3 cars wide-downsloped to the garage. I hated that drive in the winter!:eusa_wall:

Are your temps hovering around 20? The snow is very light, tg! At the same time our winds are easily 20-50 mph. Lots of drifting. My first house had a long driveway, 3 cars wide-downsloped to the garage. I hated that drive in the winter!:eusa_wall:

High teens, lot of wind. The snow is very light so it blows well :sad:.

Every year we swear we're going to pave the drive to make snowblowing it easier, and every year something else pops up.

Yep. The last blizzard I went threw was in 19** when I was around 7. I remember thinking how great it was staying home for 2 weeks making snow tunnels.

*whew that was close almost told my age*
I remember 1967 or so. we could walk off the roof of our house onto the drifts. Global warming back then even. :razz:

Forum List

Back