Blaming BUSH days are numbered, Obama's legacy grows

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
Iraq: we won and GWB had us out in 2008 (thanks to the troops)
DJIA: was @ 9000 in Jan of 2009, now its headed back there in a hurry (> 1500 points in a few weeks)
U.E.: 6 million fewer jobs today than 2008
Deficit: Last GOP budget 163 billion over, 2007. were going that much over every month now

Whats next libs? I really would hope this mess would go away. It is effecting all of this

That is gibberish. There is no one party or one group of people who are 'responsible' for the situation we are currently in. To pretend otherwise is dishonest, partisan bullshit.... and that goes for both fucking 'sides'.

That is gibberish. There is no one party or one group of people who are 'responsible' for the situation we are currently in. To pretend otherwise is dishonest, partisan bullshit.... and that goes for both fucking 'sides'.

good fucking morning to you also
Look if you do not like what I have to say ignore it. Obama is the one who started this crap and now we are suppose to forget it?
Not on my watch

I'd actually agree with that. BOth sides deserve some of the responsbility.

So do all of us down here at the bottom who thought the good times would never end, and were irresponsible in our spending and policy habits, refused to make the hard choices that the times called for...

All that said, Obama isn't running against Bush. He is running on his own record at this point. If he wants to argue that Bush handed him a bad situation, I don't disagree with that. He inherited a bad situation. I don't even think Obama is a bad guy, I just don't think he's up for the job.

But he hasn't made it any better and by most metrics, things have gotten worse. He had his moment, and he squandered it.

Iraq: we won and GWB had us out in 2008 (thanks to the troops)
DJIA: was @ 9000 in Jan of 2009, now its headed back there in a hurry (> 1500 points in a few weeks)
U.E.: 6 million fewer jobs today than 2008
Deficit: Last GOP budget 163 billion over, 2007. were going that much over every month now

Whats next libs? I really would hope this mess would go away. It is effecting all of this

grows among whom?

jrks?

yeah, thought so.

just wondering though. aren't you bored trolling every 10 seconds? i know i'm bored with you trolling.

shrub was the worse president in our history. that does not make president obama great or say he handled everything perfectly. but it sure doesn't excuse the damage that the incompetent baby bush did to this country and that the "base" continues to do.

Last edited:

Look if you do not like what I have to say ignore it. Obama is the one who started this crap and now we are suppose to forget it?
Not on my watch

Oh, right, so - on a public message board - only people who agree with you are supposed to respond? How very left wing of you.

No, Obama did not 'start this crap'. Nor did Bush. A whole bunch of fuck ups 'started' this crap.... including ordinary Americans who borrowed more than they could afford to pay back.

Carry on blaming Obama. And I will carry on calling you an idiot for doing so.

Blaming BUSH days are numbered....
Bullshit.

Every time one o' you clowns posts this sentiment (about blaming Bush), it merely identifies one-more-asshole who supported him.....without question. (Yeah....your guilt is that obvious.)

As-a-matter-o'-fact, you're ALL (Lil' Dumbya & his supporters) in that same, little, magical-boat that ReRon Reagan built!!

That'd be the good-ship.....

So do all of us down here at the bottom who thought the good times would never end, and were irresponsible in our spending and policy habits, refused to make the hard choices that the times called for...

All that said, Obama isn't running against Bush. He is running on his own record at this point. If he wants to argue that Bush handed him a bad situation, I don't disagree with that. He inherited a bad situation. I don't even think Obama is a bad guy, I just don't think he's up for the job.

But he hasn't made it any better and by most metrics, things have gotten worse. He had his moment, and he squandered it.

Completely agree. If we want to point fingers, then we also need to have the courage to look in the mirror and accept our own part in it. At least, those of us who over-borrowed, spent more than we earned, bought houses we couldn't afford... those people need to accept responsibility.

The whole 'blame game' is getting old as far as I am concerned.

something perhaps even dumb as toast tea tards can understand:

An admittedly simplistic metaphor:

A house has been set on fire and a firefighter is dispatched to put it out.

Certain people, however, physically restrain that firefighter from putting out the flames.

Moreover, as the house continues to burn almost to the point of collapse and the resources that the thwarted firefighter tries to call in to help battle the current fire (while also hopefully preventing further future catastrophes) are then similarly -- purposely -- tangled up in order to ultimately prevent this particular firefighter (along with his fellow firefighters) from having any successful outcome, a question is begged:

Shouldn't the neighborhood which called the firefighter to extinguish the burning house focus its energies on permanently stopping those people who would let the house and -- all who live in it -- burn to ashes in order to appease their own unfathomable, relentless hatred of that firefighter?

Admittedly simplistic answer:

Yes

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steven-weber/an-admittedly-simplistic-_b_947850.htmlsimpistic

simplistic? ... yes. but it really needs to be for rightwingnut freaks and trolls to follow along.

even though we know you'll lie anyway.

Last edited:
Need to focus on why property owners would want to stop firefighters from protecting property.

Must be pretty compelling reason.

Certain people, however, physically restrain that firefighter from putting out the flames.

Moreover, as the house continues to burn almost to the point of collapse and the resources that the thwarted firefighter tries to call in to help battle the current fire (while also hopefully preventing further future catastrophes) are then similarly -- purposely -- tangled up in order to ultimately prevent this particular firefighter (along with his fellow firefighters) from having any successful outcome, a question is begged:

Shouldn't the neighborhood which called the firefighter to extinguish the burning house focus its energies on permanently stopping those people who would let the house and -- all who live in it -- burn to ashes in order to appease their own unfathomable, relentless hatred of that firefighter?

Yes

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steven-weber/an-admittedly-simplistic-_b_947850.htmlsimpistic

simplistic? ... yes. but it really needs to be for rightwingnut freaks and trolls to follow along.

Your entire premise is based on the notion that the firefighter knows what he's doing and his method of squirting gasoline on the fire is really going to help all that much.

What Obama has done has made things worse. When employers were finding the fastest way to ride out this recession was to cut payrolls, Obama went out and put in laws like Obamacare that make hiring an even less attractive option.

Don't expand beyond 49 employees if at 50, you get hit with a bunch of mandates you can't afford. Just work those 49 people to death.

Last year at my job, after the initial bloodletting happened in early 2009, the company I worked for essentially stabalized. Someone quit or got fired, they were replaced. We had hit stability by 2010. Now in 2011, someone quit, everyone else is just expected to pick up the work load. Can't blame that on Bush, he's been gone for a while now.

You know people keep saying it is both sides fault
yet in 2007 we were within 163 billion of breaking even with that years deficit, we had less than 5% UE, and the DJIA was above 12,000
Now exactly when do we stop this and begin looking at the facts?

No one is perfect, but trying to compare that after 9-11 and Katrina, 2 wars to where we are today and tell me that both sides are the same?
This is about information and whether you like it or not, thats all any of this is
I do agree that the American citizen is as much to blame as any-one
ALLOT of people made some very bad choices

Not on my watch

Oh, right, so - on a public message board - only people who agree with you are supposed to respond? How very left wing of you.

No, Obama did not 'start this crap'. Nor did Bush. A whole bunch of fuck ups 'started' this crap.... including ordinary Americans who borrowed more than they could afford to pay back.

Carry on blaming Obama. And I will carry on calling you an idiot for doing so.

Idiot?
No, it would be nice if what you said was above a 5th grades level. this world had enough hate in it, I will be no part of it
Blame has nothing to do with information that happens to be true

Obama got elected on mis information about GWB and his admin. what I stated above is simple information that you took personal

Idiot? I will not discuss anything with any person who thinks there fellow American is an idiot because they dis agree with each other
Good luck, you will need it with your attitude

Not on my watch

Everyone is responsible for what they do. Someone else coming along later and screwing things worse does not reduce the liability of the first person's actions.

Not on my watch

Everyone is responsible for what they do. Someone else coming along later and screwing things worse does not reduce the liability of the first person's actions.

You know I agree
So what was it about 5% UE and deficits that were less than 200 billion a year you did not like?

You know people keep saying it is both sides fault
yet in 2007 we were within 163 billion of breaking even with that years deficit, we had less than 5% UE, and the DJIA was above 12,000
Now exactly when do we stop this and begin looking at the facts?

No one is perfect, but trying to compare that after 9-11 and Katrina, 2 wars to where we are today and tell me that both sides are the same?
This is about information and whether you like it or not, thats all any of this is
I do agree that the American citizen is as much to blame as any-one
ALLOT of people made some very bad choices

But even in 2007, people saw a storm was coming. The proximate cause of this recession was a housing Market that was inflated out of control. People were buying houses and selling them for twice what they paid for them. Banks were giving out loans to people they'd have never given loans out to knowing if they defaulted, they'd still get their money back selling the foreclosed property. Banks repackaged these loans and sold them to other banks and investors. In short, it was a proverbial house of cards that was going to collapse.

Bush was in charge. He could have appointed tough regulators and didn't. He actually pointed to increased homeownership as an accomplishment, even though not everyone really needs to own their own home.

And the crash did come on his watch, not Obama's.

Now, some of this was beyond his control, to be sure. And some of this mess is beyond Obama's control.

BUt the buck ultimately stops at their desks.

Most Americans blame bush for the mess.

Most Americans are pissed as hell at the republicans for their obstruction

Yes

Steven Weber: An Admittedly Simplistic Blog

Your entire premise is based on the notion that the firefighter knows what he's doing and his method of squirting gasoline on the fire is really going to help all that much.

What Obama has done has made things worse. When employers were finding the fastest way to ride out this recession was to cut payrolls, Obama went out and put in laws like Obamacare that make hiring an even less attractive option.
Gee.....I guess you hadn't heard......

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

Forum List

Back