Blacks Leave Obama

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
RealClearPolitics - Blacks Leave Obama
According to a Washington Post- ABC News survey, his favorability rating among African-Americans has dropped off a cliff plunging from 83 percent five months ago, to a mere 58 percent today -- a drop of 25 points, a bit more than a point per week!

And the emergence of Herman Cain as a serious Republican candidate could not have come at a worse time for the embattled president. Cain's alternate narrative -- self-help, entrepreneurial skill, hard work and self-improvement -- stands in stark contrast to the victimization and class warfare argument that the president has adopted.

Usually, despite drops in his job approval, his personal ratings have stayed high. Not anymore. The most recent New York Times-CBS poll had his favorability actually lagging behind his job approval by 4 points -- the first time it has ever done so in their polling.

The fact is that as the president has ratcheted up his class warfare rhetoric, his personal popularity has fallen and his job approval has slightly edged down.

I said it from day one...as soon as black people stop believing that Obama is a gravy train or windfall of free everything for them - they will abandon him.

I said it from day one...as soon as black people stop believing that Obama is a gravy train or windfall of free everything for them - they will abandon him.

:clap2:

Kinda like he does anyone that might "hurt" him, I'm thinking Rev. Wright, Tony Rezko, Bill Ayers, Van Jones, etc. (it's quite a long list)

He's a shining example of abandoning his base so why should his base stick with him??? They're just playing Follow the Leader. :D

Last edited:

other than the select few u-tube videos, I have NEVER heard ANY African American say that.

Most saw Obama as a move forward for them as a people....buit not as their gravy train.

Most voted for him as most vote democratic.

My belief? This would be a problem for Obama if he had a democratic opponent.

But African Americans believe the GOP has a racist lean to it...and they will more than likely vote democratic.

The democrats have done a great job convincing a great race that the GOP is racist in nature....even though they know dam well they arent.

And on que...
Obama's Feisty BET Interview Highlights Challenge He Faces In Rallying Black Voters | Fox News

And in fairness to Obama...I think he did an excellent job in this interview.
What Obama said is actually perfect...but to a black person...the only thing Obama could have said in this interview to appease them is - "we are working on a bill that gives every black American $15,000 in cash".

welcome to the thread I started yesterday on that interview...lol

other than the select few u-tube videos, I have NEVER heard ANY African American say that.

Most saw Obama as a move forward for them as a people....buit not as their gravy train.

But African Americans believe the GOP has a racist lean to it...and they will more than likely vote democratic.

The democrats have done a great job convincing a great race that the GOP is racist in nature....even though they know dam well they arent.

I disagree, sorry but I say it as I see it.
There is a very sizeable segment of black people that look at the government as their personal sugar daddy and have zero qualms about getting and spending as much as possible of taxpayer money. I am equally confident that a large percentage of these folks believed that Obama represented at the very least - a continuation of free stuff but hoped for an expansion of these programs - afterall this is what Obama did in Chicago.

In this respect, Obama was set up to fail.

I disagree, sorry but I say it as I see it.
There is a very sizeable segment of black people that look at the government as their personal sugar daddy and have zero qualms about getting and spending as much as possible of taxpayer money. I am equally confident that a large percentage of these folks believed that Obama represented at the very least - a continuation of free stuff but hoped for an expansion of these programs - afterall this is what Obama did in Chicago.

In this respect, Obama was set up to fail.

That last sentence should read, "In this respect, Obama set himself up to fail". :)

That last sentence should read, "In this respect, Obama set himself up to fail". :)

You know, I don't know if he did. I don't remember him making promises during his campaign that go beyond typical campaign promises made by every candidate.
The only thing I could say to that is that a BIG part of his campaign was that he was going to be "different"...more transparent...more globally conscious etc. - which of course he has done a complete 180 on.

I am looking forward to the days when Cain makes appearances in Ohio and Pennsylvania, and we start getting headlines like "Herman Cain Draws Massive Crowds In (name of town),and within the crowds you have alot of blacks cheering. Then what is Obama to do? Try to convince the residents that Cain is an "Oreo"?

Blacks don't love Obama as much as they used to, but they will vote for him nonetheless, and that goes for all Democrats, and most independents. The alternative to Obama is just too scary.

and just to add,let's say it comes down to a Romney/Rubio ticket, If Romney is considering to have Cain on his board as the lead economic adviser, that alone will bring more black votes to Romney.

I am looking forward to the days when Cain makes appearances in Ohio and Pennsylvania, and we start getting headlines like "Herman Cain Draws Massive Crowds In (name of town),and within the crowds you have alot of blacks cheering. Then what is Obama to do? Try to convince the residents that Cain is an "Oreo"?

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :razz:

Forum List

Back