Black Tax Money Helped Build White Wealth-Now It's Time We Got Paid Back

False. Blacks didn't vote Republican until 1964. The switch from Republican to Democrat started back in the late 1920s and into the 1930s. Probably ties in with the Great Migration of blacks from the South to the North.

You try and make it out that it was the Republicans who instituted Jim Crow on black folk. Who were these influential REPUBLICANS who created, voted and ran Jim Crow laws in the South?
I'm black. I know what blacks did. I know when they began leaving the republican party and know that many stayed republicans until 1964. When Rutherford Hayes ended reconstruction that was the start. 4 republicans judges voted in favor of separate but equal out of the 7 votes in the Plessy decision. Jim Crow was not just in the south. Republicans were complicit in everything that happened.

Lots of people pay taxes for things from which they are excluded. I receive no benefit from SNAP, TANF, or CHIP... yet, my taxes (such as they are) pay for them.

If all of us got compensation for taxpayer funded programs from which we don't benefit ... it would be a very, very, Merry Xmas for us all.
Wrong. It's one thing to not be eligible, another to be excluded whether you were eligible or not. Nice excuse but a false equivalence.

I'm black. I know what blacks did. I know when they began leaving the republican party and know that many stayed republicans until 1964. When Rutherford Hayes ended reconstruction that was the start. 4 republicans judges voted in favor of separate but equal out of the 7 votes in the Plessy decision. Jim Crow was not just in the south. Republicans were complicit in everything that happened.

You're black. Is that an appeal to authority? Somewhere, I believe, you said you were 60. Putting your birth at the early 1960s. How the heck would you know when people stayed in the Republican party when you had no idea about political parties until after the Civil Rights movement? I think history, with real statistics to back it up, is a better metric to get to the truth than your biased anecdotal opinion.

When Hayes ended Reconstruction with the Compromise of 1877, he allowed the South to be returned BACK to Democrat control. Not too long after that, those Southern states started enacting Jim Crow laws. So, I guess you're saying that a Republican allowed Jim Crow to happen by letting Democrats running things again? The same party that I bet you vote for on the regular come election time. BTW, I'm not a member of "team red" or "team blue".

You know, it's pathetic that you have to change Malcolm X's words to try and get a dig at conservatives. Anyone who knows the actual quote knows he was talking about the white liberal. BTW, he'd probably have the same opinion of white liberals today as he did back in the 60s. Leopards don't change their spots.

You're black. Is that an appeal to authority? Somewhere, I believe, you said you were 60. Putting your birth at the early 1960s. How the heck would you know when people stayed in the Republican party when you had no idea about political parties until after the Civil Rights movement? I think history, with real statistics to back it up, is a better metric to get to the truth than your biased anecdotal opinion.

When Hayes ended Reconstruction with the Compromise of 1877, he allowed the South to be returned BACK to Democrat control. Not too long after that, those Southern states started enacting Jim Crow laws. So, I guess you're saying that a Republican allowed Jim Crow to happen by letting Democrats running things again? The same party that I bet you vote for on the regular come election time. BTW, I'm not a member of "team red" or "team blue".

You know, it's pathetic that you have to change Malcolm X's words to try and get a dig at conservatives. Anyone who knows the actual quote knows he was talking about the white liberal. BTW, he'd probably have the same opinion of white liberals today as he did back in the 60s. Leopards don't change their spots.
I did have parents, grandparents, aunts uncles, friends of my parents. You know, things normal humans have. And I am black, it not an appeal to anything, it's a mother fucking fact. Whites like you have this problem where you think you can tell black people about being black. You can't. So learn to listen. History support my words.

Republicans had the lily white movement and the deal Hayes made allowed what happened. What I know about Malcolm X says that today he would be talking about white conservative republicans. I know more about him than you do and the fact is whites like you use words of blacks to try justifying your bullshit. What I changed X words to apply to the modern America, not the America in 1964.

Everything I said was accurate Republicans were complicit in everything that went down and a black person would be an idiot to join the defenders of the confederacy party that has voted against modern voting rights. In fact, republicans filibustered the John Lewis Act.

Last edited:
I did have parents, grandparents, aunts uncles, friends of my parents. You know, things normal humans have. And I am black, it not an appeal to anything, it's a mother fucking fact. Whites like you have this problem where you think you can tell black people about being black. You can't. So learn to listen. History support my words.

Republicans had the lily white movement and the deal Hayes made allowed what happened. What I know about Malcolm X says that today he would be talking about white conservative republicans. I know more about him than you do and the fact is whites like you use words of blacks to try justifying your bullshit. What I changed X words to apply to the modern America, not the America in 1964.

Everything I said was accurate Republicans were complicit in everything that went down and a black person would be an idiot to join the defenders of the confederacy party that has voted against modern voting rights. In fact, republicans filibustered the John Lewis Act.
Yet you seem to know all about being white. Pot meet kettle.

Everything I said was accurate Republicans were complicit in everything that went down and a black person would be an idiot to join the defenders of the confederacy party that has voted against modern voting rights. In fact, republicans filibustered the John Lewis Act

So, I guess I shouldn't believe the WP and Congressional history because of anecdotal story from one person who thinks they know about everything in black history. Suit youself.

Malcolm X understood that neither Democrats nor Republicans had our best interest in mind. He saw that we were being treated as nothing but political pawns. Instead of me try and say what Malcolm X thought, I'll let the man speak for himself. White Liberals & Conservatives Then you can explain how things have actually changed so that his opinion would be different now.

You do know the Confederacy was full of Democrats right? Hayes put the South BACK in DEMOCRAT control politically. You want to talk about filibusters. The longest filibuster in US Senate history was done by Democrats. The bill that they were trying to keep from passing: The Civil Rights Act of 1964. That filibuster lasted for 75 days (60 working days). That's a long time

Now, let's talk about that John Lewis Act. One of the key provisions was the full restoration of the Voters Right Act. That includes preclearance, where places with a history of disenfranchising voters to get the DoJ's approval before changing any voting processes or procedures. Want to change a voting location? The DoJ would have to ok the move. What's interesting is that the Supreme Court removed preclearance from the VRA back in 2013. Decision. Why would they try and cancel a SC ruling? And you wonder why there would be serious pushback to the point of a filibuster? Beats me.

One last thing, son. Didn't your momma teach you how to not make an ass of yourself by assuming? Whites like me have a problem? Newsflash: I'm not white. So you can put that race card back in your wallet.

Last edited:
One last thing, son. Didn't your momma teach you how to not make an ass of yourself by assuming? Whites like me have a problem? Newsflash: I'm not white. So you can put that race card back in your wallet.
Yeah, but you have infernalized wide simplicity...or something like that. They're always screeching in rage; I can't quite understand what they're saying.

Forum List

Back