Black Support for Trump highest support for GOP since 1960

Reports say the early-voting turnout by African-Americans has dropped by up to 10% in North Carolina and by somewhat less in Florida.

On Friday, a poll of 506 Pennsylvania voters by Harper Polling showed Trump has the support of 18.46% of African-Americans. That’s 12.5 points more than Romney’s share of the national vote in 2012, and if it proves true during the ballot, that 18.46% African-American support translates into 2 point shift towards Trump. The poll also said another 4.6% were undecided.

The Harper poll is small, with an error margin of 4.4%, but an October 30 poll of 1,249 likely voters in Pennsylvania showed Trump has 19% support among African Americans, while another 7% remain undecided. That poll has an error margin of 2.77%.

In next-door Michigan, two nights of a tracking poll conducted for Fox 2 of 1,150 likely voters showed Trump with 14% support and 19 percent support, leaving Clinton with 83% and 79% support. That’s equivalent to a two-point shift from Clinton to Trump in the state.

In Florida, a Siena University poll showed that Trump had the support of 13% of African-Americans. More ominously for Clinton, she had the support of only 83%, while 4% said they didn’t know who to vote for. If Trump gets one-quarter of the 4%, he reaches 14% of the African-American vote, leaving Clinton with roughly 86%.

In Virginia, a survey by Public Policy Polling taken in November 3 and November 4 showed Trump with 9% support and Clinton with 91% support. A Remington Research automated poll of 1,106 likely voters in Virginia showed Trump with 19%, and Clinton with just 78% support.

In Georgia, a Nov. 2 to Nov. 3 poll of 1,000 likely voters showed Trump with 12% of the African-American vote, leaving Clinton with 85%.

Oh my oh my.

I said it at the beginning, regardless of outcome, this election will yield more Black votes for GOP vs. recent past. Can't wait for the Liberal logic on largest Black vote shift to GOP after 8 years of the Nation's first Black President who happens to be a Democrat.

Forum List

Back