Black students demand Berkeley to rename hall after cop killer.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
You just can't make this sh*t up.
You have to watch the video.
Among that insane request...they want :
Black counsellors to talk to black students
Black only meeting place
Black admission officers to admit black students
Black psychologist to mentor black students
Black athletic trainers/advisors for black students

So how is this not racist?

Students demand UC Berkeley rename building after cop killer Latest News Videos Fox News

Some of those are reasonable.

-black counsellors for black students

In much the same way you'd want a LGBT counsellor to counsel LGBTs, or same-religion counsellor for religious counselling, black for black counselling is perfectly sensible.

I guess they are trying to suggest that oppressing murdering cop killing prison escapees on the FIB's Most Wanted and Terrorist Watch List is a bad thing.
I think it is interesting that one of the students interviewed suggested that the criminal is someone that best represents them ... How insightful.

When I read the thread title, I assumed the story was going to be about
Mumia Abu-Jamal, who is not only a cop-killer, but has given college commencement speeches from his jail cell.

Black only meeting place

Students demand UC Berkeley rename building after cop killer Latest News Videos Fox News

They want segregation, it seems the Civil Rights movement was for nothing. How shameful.

In much the same way you'd want a LGBT counsellor to counsel LGBTs, or same-religion counsellor for religious counselling, black for black counselling is perfectly sensible.

Oh bullsh*t on a stick.
What colleges should employ 20 different counsellors for every perceived sub culture?
What do you think counsellors do? They don;t advise students about life for pete's sake, they just help them plan classes and help with their schedules.
It is moronic to think a gay person can only be well served by a class scheduler if that person is also gay.
What a crock Delta, I am surprised at your response.
Unless you are a segregationist that I am not aware of.

Black only meeting place

Oh bullsh*t on a stick.
What colleges should employ 20 different counsellors for every perceived sub culture?
What do you think counsellors do? They don;t advise students about life for pete's sake, they just help them plan classes and help with their schedules.
It is moronic to think a gay person can only be well served by a class scheduler if that person is also gay.

College counsellors who'd be counselling gay students aren't the ones planning their schedules. I'm talking about actual counsellors.

Black only meeting place

Oh bullsh*t on a stick.

College counsellors who'd be counselling gay students aren't the ones planning their schedules. I'm talking about actual counsellors.

What?
College counselors are not psychologist, they are basically class schedulers and talk with students about their interest, and give them information and statistics about said interest.
So you want the colleges to employ a team of psychologist one for every perceived sub culture just in case one of them is having a bad day?

Personal experience has led me to believe that when someone encounters difficulties within the system ... It is best to learn what you have to offer that is better ... Over the idea holding up examples of failure as a means of reform.

I just looked up the race statistics for Berkeley...Blacks account for right at 3% of the student population. So, just to be clear, these students that make up 3% of the population want their own hall, a total of 8 black only faculty members just for them - and a meeting hall just for them.
Looking at the student race data - there are 10 other races that are not white.
So of course that means that Berkeley should build 10 new halls, employ 80 new faculty members and 10 new meetings halls for each race.

- Again, you just can't make this sh*t up.

Black only meeting place

Oh bullsh*t on a stick.

We are created equal, so whoever is the counselor. Will be everyone's counselor.

Black only meeting place

Oh bullsh*t on a stick.

We are created equal, so whoever is the counselor. Will be everyone's counselor.

Want atheists or Satanists doing religious counselling for Christians? :)

At college? These days you are better off looking up stuff online anyway. The only counselor I saw gave me bad (old) advice. They can save money by letting them all go and putting out a website all can use any time.

Black only meeting place

Well to answer your question you first need to understand the definition of racist or racism and then come back to apologize for your ignorance

Black only meeting place

Because thats not what "racist" means.

Last edited:
Black only meeting place

Oh bullsh*t on a stick.

Sure. They couldn`t make them any worse than they already are. :)

Forum List

Back