Black Soldier from the Bronx killed during incident with another black soldier

Everything was integrated by 1978.
When I was in Boot Camp in 74' they wouldn't let 'minorities' into most rates except cook and storekeeper.

In the Navy, that restriction only applied to foreign nationals (like Philippine natives who enlisted). That's why for a long time there were so many Philippine Cooks, Storekeepers and Personnelman.

But, those restrictions were long gone when I enlisted in 1982.

i went to boot camp in 1980. I really do not recall thinking much about race.

I remember the first or second day of Boot Camp. The company commander walked in and quite pointedly told us that there were no black, brown or white Sailors. Just varying shades of blue.

How in the hell would a person who was killed rape someone?

And, isn't homosexuality against Muslim beliefs?
Only if you are the "catcher" is it considered a sin. You can pitch all day long and no one cares.

My son likes to tell a story about a guy in his platoon that was so "cute" that the Afghans wanted to buy him to be their sex toy.

I remember the first or second day of Boot Camp. The company commander walked in and quite pointedly told us that there were no black, brown or white Sailors. Just varying shades of blue.
I was once jokingly called racist by a first-class PO in my department at quarters one morning. I told them they are all green to me, and just for his comment, all the light greens could go on liberty and the dark greens needed to "turn-to". That got a big laugh!

White boys don't stay in the barracks. Ain't no "Gomer Pyle" stuff. :nono:

White boys stay in base housing trailers or houses. Barracks are all black.

My daughter is a Captain in the Army. Her last unit was as diverse as you could want, with whites being the minority. I think I have seen Army barracks and who occupies them since a huge Army post is located 6 miles from my home and I worked on Fort Knox for 3 years. .
The Navy pretty much lagged behind the other services.
Lot's of changes have been taking place at Ft Campbell.
I've seen soldiers walking around with beards and Turbans.
Kind of stupid since the last time we went to war....some Muslim soldier tried to frag his Captain because he was protesting the Iraq war.

In the Navy, that restriction only applied to foreign nationals (like Philippine natives who enlisted). That's why for a long time there were so many Philippine Cooks, Storekeepers and Personnelman.

But, those restrictions were long gone when I enlisted in 1982.
Well...when I was in Boot in 74' Hispanics, Blacks, and Filipinos could only be cooks and store-keepers. That changed by the time I left in 79'.

When I was in the Army most of the conventional Army was filled with black NCOs in the 80's and 90's.
There was a bit of reverse-discrimination going on then against Whites in my unit. That's one of the reasons I volunteered to go Special Forces. I was never sorry I did it.

if Kamala sent people to kill Biden so she can be VP, wouldn't she be hanged for treason?

Her popularity with Democrats would skyrocket, actually; that's the kind of spunk and get up n go deviants like to see in their dictators. Killing all the old white people ranks high on their 'To Do' lists.

We had a Black recruit....his name was Black.
We also had guy names Seaman Recruit White.
We had those names as well; Black, White, Brown, and Green. I was in the Army from 1963-1966, and it was fully integrated then.

New Topics

Forum List

Back