Black rag dolls with instructions to 'whack' them against a wall are pulled from New Jersey store

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
The next time a black person states that they had an unpleasnt encounter with a racist white person seemingly out of the blue, then please remember this story and consider that perhaps the person just "needed to feel better" and fucking over a black person and actually really wanting to do so was justthe thing to fill the bill

The toy, called a "Feel Better Doll," is "an inappropriate representation of a black person," New Jersey Assemblywoman Angela McKnight said.

July 27, 2019, 12:53 PM PDT
By Minyvonne Burke
A black rag doll that came with instructions to "whack" it against a wall was pulled from a dollar store in Bayonne, New Jersey, following complaints that it was offensive.

State Assemblywoman Angela McKnight, a Democrat whose district includes Bayonne, said in a press release posted on her Facebook page that the doll, sold at a One Dollar Zone! store, was "disturbing on so many levels" and was "an inappropriate representation of a black person."

The cloth doll, called the "Feel Better Doll," has red, black, yellow and green yarn hair with a white smile and eyes stitched on its face. On the doll's stomach are instructions on how to use it.

190727-feel-better-doll-al-1459_2c176ebcaf0d985c48daf7b377368be4.fit-760w.jpg

The "Feel Better Doll" instructs people to "whack" it against a wall to help them feel better. It was pulled from a dollar store in Bayonne, New Jersey, for being offensive.Angela V. McKnight via Facebook
"Whenever things don't go well and you want to hit the wall and yell, here's a little 'feel better doll' that you just will not do without," it reads, according to a photo of the doll with McKnight's press release. "Just grab it firmly by the legs and find a wall to slam the doll, and as you whack the 'feel good doll' do not forget to yell I FEEL GOOD, I FEEL GOOD."

The doll's manufacturer is shown on the photo as Harvey Hutter, Co. Multiple numbers listed for the New York-based company no longer work. An online search said Harvey Hutter, Co. was permanently closed.

McKnight said she went to the dollar store after hearing complaints and asked the manager to promptly remove the doll, which she said the manager did.

"Racism has no place in the world and I will not tolerate it, especially not in this district," McKnight said in the press release. "When I saw the doll in person, I cringed and was truly disheartened by the thought of a black child being beaten by another child or an adult for pure pleasure."

The manager at the One Dollar Zone! store in Bayonne could not immediately be reached by NBC News.

Ricky Shah, president of the independent family-owned chain based in Paterson, New Jersey, apologized in a statement to NBC Boston, saying that the dolls were included in a shipment of about 35,000 pieces of closeout items.

"This somehow slipped through the cracks," he said
Black rag dolls with instructions to 'whack' them against a wall are pulled from store

Our son got one of these several years ago from a distant family member. The doll was meant to throw at the TV when your sports team was not doing well. It was not black but a non-human color....red or green, I don't remember. I thought it was really stupid then and I think it's really stupid now (so did he...I don't remember what happened to that thing actually).

Modern life is excruciating in its ability to invent stupid things, it would seem to me.

I don't think the intention was to be Racist.
Probably just poor planning,
Now-a-days everybody's got to color coordinate products to tip toe around some overly sensitive types.

Meanwhile, dumb Polak jokes seem to be fine, even though they're purposefully meant to malign an entire population as Sub-Human.

The next time a black person states that they had an unpleasnt encounter with a racist white person seemingly out of the blue, then please remember this story and consider that perhaps the person just "needed to feel better" and fucking over a black person and actually really wanting to do so was justthe thing to fill the bill

The toy, called a "Feel Better Doll," is "an inappropriate representation of a black person," New Jersey Assemblywoman Angela McKnight said.

By Minyvonne Burke
A black rag doll that came with instructions to "whack" it against a wall was pulled from a dollar store in Bayonne, New Jersey, following complaints that it was offensive.

State Assemblywoman Angela McKnight, a Democrat whose district includes Bayonne, said in a press release posted on her Facebook page that the doll, sold at a One Dollar Zone! store, was "disturbing on so many levels" and was "an inappropriate representation of a black person."

The cloth doll, called the "Feel Better Doll," has red, black, yellow and green yarn hair with a white smile and eyes stitched on its face. On the doll's stomach are instructions on how to use it.

The "Feel Better Doll" instructs people to "whack" it against a wall to help them feel better. It was pulled from a dollar store in Bayonne, New Jersey, for being offensive.Angela V. McKnight via Facebook
"Whenever things don't go well and you want to hit the wall and yell, here's a little 'feel better doll' that you just will not do without," it reads, according to a photo of the doll with McKnight's press release. "Just grab it firmly by the legs and find a wall to slam the doll, and as you whack the 'feel good doll' do not forget to yell I FEEL GOOD, I FEEL GOOD."

The doll's manufacturer is shown on the photo as Harvey Hutter, Co. Multiple numbers listed for the New York-based company no longer work. An online search said Harvey Hutter, Co. was permanently closed.

McKnight said she went to the dollar store after hearing complaints and asked the manager to promptly remove the doll, which she said the manager did.

"Racism has no place in the world and I will not tolerate it, especially not in this district," McKnight said in the press release. "When I saw the doll in person, I cringed and was truly disheartened by the thought of a black child being beaten by another child or an adult for pure pleasure."

The manager at the One Dollar Zone! store in Bayonne could not immediately be reached by NBC News.

Ricky Shah, president of the independent family-owned chain based in Paterson, New Jersey, apologized in a statement to NBC Boston, saying that the dolls were included in a shipment of about 35,000 pieces of closeout items.

Black rag dolls with instructions to 'whack' them against a wall are pulled from store

Huh???
upload_2019-7-28_20-57-1.jpeg

Shouldn't all dolls be inclusive?????

Greg

Ticky Tacky yes, but does that mean that Blacks can't buy WHITE "Feel good Dolls"???? Sounds like a defunct line: shouldn't they be OUTRAGED that every other colour sold out but nobody bothered to buy the black ones???

Greg

The whole idea is silly. If you get angry you have real children you can slam against a wall.

Our son got one of these several years ago from a distant family member. The doll was meant to throw at the TV when your sports team was not doing well. It was not black but a non-human color....red or green, I don't remember. I thought it was really stupid then and I think it's really stupid now (so did he...I don't remember what happened to that thing actually).

Modern life is excruciating in its ability to invent stupid things, it would seem to me.

True that!!!
pet-rock-square.jpg

Greg

strddl-6.jpg

images

They are dammit dolls. There are also stress voodoo dolls.

Now-a-days everybody's got to color coordinate products to tip toe around some overly sensitive types.

Meanwhile, dumb Polak jokes seem to be fine, even though they're purposefully meant to malign an entire population as Sub-Human.
"an entire population as Sub-Human" Go look in the mirror.

If Dumb Polak jokes were against Blacks.
They'd probably cry more about that than about this Black doll.

By Minyvonne Burke

This story is BS.
Looks like textbook communist propaganda attempting to stop the flood of blacks leaving the Democrat Party.

Polaks are white people, and it's ok to offend whites.

What's white, yellow and screams? A busload of Polaks going over a cliff.

Ticky Tacky yes, but does that mean that Blacks can't buy WHITE "Feel good Dolls"???? Sounds like a defunct line: shouldn't they be OUTRAGED that every other colour sold out but nobody bothered to buy the black ones???

Greg
If blacks feel bad they can always jump a white guy at a gas station and kick the shit out of him.
That's a great way to blow off steam.
No law against that.

Polaks are white people, and it's ok to offend whites.

What's white, yellow and screams? A busload of Polaks going over a cliff.

If this doll said I'm a dumb Polak whack me against a wall.

It would probably still be on the shelves.

But.
God forbid against Blacks.
Then all Hell breaks loose over Racism.

By Minyvonne Burke

It looks like a pattern our hospital nurses distributed to volunteers to make dolls for little girls in their care who were sexually abused to point to where the man touched her. Several of us in my church's sewing circle made them and the chairman of the circle took them to the hospital nurse station where they had been requested for special uses.

Dolls were once given to little girls for Christmas presents. It was a big deal to get a Shirley Temple doll in the second grade because they had such pretty ringlets in their hair and cheerful clothing wardrobes. Mine stayed sitting on the dresser because I preferred playing outside with the other children after school, and coming indoors meant doing homework until it was all finished. I don't remember how we fit in a half hour of watching Roy Rogers, Dale Evans, and Trigger, because the ritual of clearing the table and doing dishes was always my chore, which I didn't mind, because my older brother had to take out the trash, and I can still remember his words when reminded, "Aw, mom..."

For a short time when I was in junior high school, I visited a cousin who had a taboo doll--because little girls were not allowed to use coarse language--called "dammit dolls." They were pink, purple, and green with orange hairs, and you were supposed to hold them by the hair, and clobber some unbreakable surface while reciting the word "dammit, dammit, dammit" to get rid of anger.

I don't know what the big deal is about black dolls. They do not resemble dark brown-skinned people or anyone else with that multicolored hair.

By Minyvonne Burke

My previous director had one in her office. She was black. Perhaps the state assembly woman should exercise her right not to purchase the doll or patron the store. She is making decisions based on her personal perception. Others may not feel.as she does.

I find it interesting that this doll pops up in the Democratic New Jersey state. Coincidence, I don’t think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back