Black racist group plotted St. Louis bombing, assassination but charged with gun crime

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
The communist and racist New Black Panther Party plotted to bomb St. Louis’ Gateway Arch and assassinate local law enforcement officials, but the Justice Department so far has limited its prosecution of the group to an indictment of two members on minor gun charges

The soft treatment for activities that normally would have brought federal terrorism charges appears to be part of efforts by Attorney General Eric Holder and the Justice Department to “go soft” on the racist group, according to former Justice official J. Christian Adams.

“I have always been perplexed why these guys get special treatment,” said Adams, who worked in the Justice Department Civil Rights Division and noted a similar conciliatory legal treatment of New Black Panther Party members in a 2008 case of voter suppression by the group in Philadelphia.

Justice Department spokesman Marc Raimondi declined to comment on the Black Panther bomb plot and would not say whether additional charges in the case are pending.

In the earlier case against the Panthers, voter intimidation charges were dropped by the Justice Department against the Panthers, and charges were downgraded against one group member, King Shabazz, in what critics say was an effort to show official favoritism toward the group.

Adams’ 2011 book, “Injustice: Exposing the Racial Agenda of the Obama Justice Department,” includes a photograph of then presidential candidate Barack Obama marching in Selma, Alabama, with members of the New Black Panther Party in March 2007.

Two members of the Panthers, Brandon Orlando Baldwin and Olajuwon Ali Davis, were indicted Nov. 19 on federal weapons charges in St. Louis. The two-page indictment, however, made no mention of the bombing or assassination plot. It stated that the two men had made false statements to a Cabela’s sporting goods store in seeking to purchase two .45 caliber pistols.

Adams said he viewed the U.S. attorney’s failure to include the pipe bomb charges in the indictment as a significant omission. The use of pipe bombs in a conspiracy or plot normally would result in filing of federal terrorism charges, he said. “Here, once again, you have Justice giving these guys soft treatment,” Adams said in an interview.

St. Louis police spokeswoman Shron Jackson declined to comment on the case and referred questions to the U.S. attorney in St. Louis. The U.S. attorney’s office referred questions to the Justice Department.

“I am not commenting period, other than to relay to you that the only document released by the court is the indictment,” said Marc Raimondi, a Justice Department spokesman, adding that he would not confirm or deny that additional charges related to the bomb plot may be pending.

Raimondi did not respond when asked if handling of the St. Louis case indicated that the Justice Department was not pursuing alleged New Black Panther Party criminal activities aggressively.

The Panther plot was uncovered by St. Louis police who apparently had the group under surveillance. According to news reports, New Black Panther Party members discussed using pipe bombs to blow up the Gateway Arch. The plot also called for killing St. Louis County prosecutor Robert McCulloch and Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson, the St. Louis Post Dispatch reported last week, quoting sources close to the investigation.

The newspaper stated that Davis was the leader of the plot and that it called for planting an explosive device in the observation deck at the top of the arch.

Police raided two St. Louis buildings as part of the probe although documents in the case have been sealed. Further charges in the case were expected, the newspaper reported Nov. 27.

The indictment of Baldwin and Davis came three days before the decision by a county grand jury not to indict Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson in the shooting death of Michael Brown. The decision set off burning and looting in Ferguson and racially charged protests around the country.

The New Black Panther Party issued a statement denouncing the gun charges against Baldwin and Davis a “bold faced lie” and “frame up.”

“We believe the charges against Olajuwon Ali [Davis] and Brandon Muhammad [Baldwin] to be trumped up and baseless,” the statement said.

Regarding reports the two were linked to plans to blow up the Arch and kill police during the Ferguson racial unrest, the group said the allegations are “totally unfounded” and contrary to New Black Panther Party rules.

“The New Black Panther Party, does not teach, endorse, or allow its members to commit acts of violence against anyone regardless to the circumstance, unless in imminent danger according to the rules of self-defense,” the statement said

If the two members are found guilty of illegal acts, they will be expelled from the party, the statement said.

Black Racist Group Plotted Bombing Assassination but Charged with Gun Crime Washington Free Beacon

-------------------------------

Nothing to see here folks. The new black panther party is just a group of righteous rational thinkers. None of them make decisions based on raw emotion. They are certainly prone to sit down and have lengthy dialogue and with their skilled ability to rationally think things through, they would not have bombed the St Louis Arch. So, therefore, just go ahead and charge them with the most insignificant charge there is.

r293rk.jpg

This thread, like most all threads will simply degenerate into a typical " I know you are but what am I " type thread and go down in flames.

There is one commonly reoccurring theme that all these threads turn into what is mirroring our own public. Take a side.....stand in your corner. ...and yell at the other side with the same zest as they display.

Until people are ready to have a honest debate, not one thing will change.

Keep digging your trenches and pointing your fingers.

This thread, like most all threads will simply degenerate into a typical " I know you are but what am I " type thread and go down in flames.

There is one commonly reoccurring theme that all these threads turn into what is mirroring our own public. Take a side.....stand in your corner. ...and yell at the other side with the same zest as they display.

I think instead of debating this mess everyone needs to stfu and find something else to do. Talking about it will only make things worse.

You have no opinion about this story? Another fence rider I see, talking to us from that ivory tower of like minded fence riders who come onto a political debate board and gets a bit offended by people debating politics.

Wait, I think he is more offended by people taking a side.

So in regards to the new black panther party planning to blow up the arch. No opinion?

Last edited:
If it was a debate I would part take. This is not a debate and like I said before will turn into a yelling match, usually by two people of opposing views who do not debate...they start name calling and I know you are....what Am I ing.... everyone has their minds made up...they are not interested in anything other then what they think and will not change their minds irregardless of much of anything.

On both sides of this issue

That is not a debate.

When both sides are honest...With themselves and then with each other and can control themselves, perhaps this can turn into something positive and move us forward. Till then...." I know you are...what am I " followed by two posters high jacking the thread and hurling insults at each other for 3 or 4 pages.

I would also challenge you to honestly read your first few sentences you wrote after quoting my response and see exactly what I am talking about. Your self righteous, I know everything and hurl instant judgements is the plague of our culture.

When we cease to listen to each other and assume things......well, ya know.

As far as this topic you posted. I doubt any but a very few would subscribe to this sort of thing.

They should be charged as terrorists...If they were white you know they would be.

If it was a debate I would part take. This is not a debate and like I said before will turn into a yelling match, usually by two people of opposing views who do not debate...they start name calling and I know you are....what Am I ing.... everyone has their minds made up...they are not interested in anything other then what they think and will not change their minds irregardless of much of anything.

On both sides of this issue

That is not a debate.

When both sides are honest...With themselves and then with each other and can control themselves, perhaps this can turn into something positive and move us forward. Till then...." I know you are...what am I " followed by two posters high jacking the thread and hurling insults at each other for 3 or 4 pages.
Yeah we all know that.
Anyway, what is your opinion of this particular story. You know, there are those who do express their opinions and it is not all name calling.

I name call cause I happen to think left wing piles of shit deserve zero respect. I do not hold back about that and so therefore my hypocrisy is limited.

What is your opinion on this subject? Or are you going to tell us all things we all already know?

Forum List

Back