"Black" Names

...You're likely not old enough to recall Muhammad Ali fighting a Japanese wrestler in the 70's named Antonio Inoki.
Why on earth would you assume that? Is it the youthful font I post with? Yes, I remember that, ancient one.

I assumed that you are too young to remember. Many people don't know about that.

...It was a similar type of publicity match, with no title at stake, and leading up to it, Ray was opposed to the idea.

That was a silly stunt that no one was expected to take seriously. Apples and oranges.

Not necessarily. Ali also fought the late NFL player Lyle Alzado in an exhibition. There was no MMA back then so there were many who took it seriously.

...It was a similar type of publicity match, with no title at stake, and leading up to it, Ray was opposed to the idea.

That was a silly stunt that no one was expected to take seriously. Apples and oranges.

Not necessarily. Ali also fought the late NFL player Lyle Alzado in an exhibition. There was no MMA back then so there were many who took it seriously.
Nobody who knows anything about boxing took that kind of thing seriously. They even parodied it in the Rocky movies, that's what a well-known joke it was.

Nobody who knows anything about boxing took that kind of thing seriously. They even parodied it in the Rocky movies, that's what a well-known joke it was.

I can recall many who didn't think it was a joke.

Did you know that Ali suffered blood clots from being kicked in the legs in that so called "joke"?

Either way, we could speculate forever on this subject.

I have been told that this practice is in order to avoid mistaken identity (which can be deadly, if a cop decides that someone is "no angel" based upon what he believes that someone is accused of).

When Ali fought the Japanese wrestler it was purely for money. He had had his boxing license revoked for refusing to be drafted, and could not box professionally, but still needed to pay the bills.

It was a pay-per-view match that according to all reports was boring as hell. The wrestler spent the whole time lying on the ground hoping that the boxer would bend over and make himself vulnerable to kicks. The blood clots were reported prominently, and no secret.

No white person is trying to force Black mothers to change how they name their kids. It was just my observation that giving them obviously-African American names could hurt their chances for one thing or another in the future.

Forum List

Back