Black Lives Matter in Brazil: A mother fights for justice for her dead son

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
She lights a candle on the second day of each month. Mirtes Renata de Souza, 34, is mourning her son Miguel. Eight months ago, on June 2, 2020, the 5-year-old fell to his death from the ninth floor of a high-rise in the city of Recife, Brazil.

Mirtes Renata, a maid working for a wealthy family, took her son to work that day — she had no one to care for him because of a coronavirus infection. When she went out to walk the dog, she left the child alone with her employer.

The owner didn't bother with the child. Nor did she retrieve him when he left the apartment and got in an elevator to go find his mother. The 5-year-old exited on the ninth floor and ended up in an unsecured part of the building, eventually falling to his death 20 meters (66 feet) below.

The child's story shook Brazil, already reeling from the coronavirus. It also made his mother Mirtes Renata de Souza the face of Black Lives Matter (BLM) in Brazil.

I thought this would be about the government or the police. Nope. Her employer.

...he fell and they are talking about rights???!! this is just as idiotic as BLM is
WTF does BLM mean or stand for!!!!!!???? blacks murder blacks at FOUR times the rate/etc ......BLM means they think other lives DON'T matter/etc

..there it is again--RACISM = hahahahhahahah = bullshit as usual

She lights a candle on the second day of each month. Mirtes Renata de Souza, 34, is mourning her son Miguel. Eight months ago, on June 2, 2020, the 5-year-old fell to his death from the ninth floor of a high-rise in the city of Recife, Brazil.

Mirtes Renata, a maid working for a wealthy family, took her son to work that day — she had no one to care for him because of a coronavirus infection. When she went out to walk the dog, she left the child alone with her employer.

The owner didn't bother with the child. Nor did she retrieve him when he left the apartment and got in an elevator to go find his mother. The 5-year-old exited on the ninth floor and ended up in an unsecured part of the building, eventually falling to his death 20 meters (66 feet) below.

The child's story shook Brazil, already reeling from the coronavirus. It also made his mother Mirtes Renata de Souza the face of Black Lives Matter (BLM) in Brazil.

Justice? WTF is the judicial system supposed to do about this?

:4_13_65: Tried in the court of public opinion?

I wonder if the woman even agreed to watch him while the dog was walked.

The kid was 5-years old. His mother should have walked the dog with him. And wtf does this have to do with racism?

The kid was 5-years old. His mother should have walked the dog with him. And wtf does this have to do with racism?

It sounds like classicism if anything. I don't know if her employer was white or what. I agree though, it would have been perfect for the five year old unless there was some type of storm moving through.

That said, Latin America is notoriously racist. There is a lot of missing information.

Yeah, only black people in Brazil are having a bad time with the china virus.
I've seen white Europeans (mothers with kids) inside industrial supermarket bins looking for discarded food which is out of date.
DW is the German CNN. Clickbaiting, race-baiting horseshit.

It sounds like classicism if anything. I don't know if her employer was white or what. I agree though, it would have been perfect for the five year old unless there was some type of storm moving through.

That said, Latin America is notoriously racist. There is a lot of missing information.
When everybody is racist and everyone a victim, then neither exist.

Forum List

Back