TheOldSchool

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
last stop for sanity before reaching the south
I'm going to use this one:

BW3_aKLCMAAfxFV.jpg

XXXXXXX

:eek:

Hey brother, I also stand with Israel. Could you please try to not sound like a fuckin racist, Neo-Nazi, skinhead, Klansman, Jihadi, Hmm?

Last edited by a moderator:
30 Black Inventors!

1. Elijay McCoy: Invented an oil-dripping cup for trains!

Elijah McCoy | The Top Ten African-American Inventors | Scholastic.com

2. Lewis Latimer: Invented the carbon-filament for light-bulbs!

Lewis Latimer | The Top Ten African-American Inventors | Scholastic.com

3. Garret Morgan: Invented the three-position traffic signal and the gas-mask!

Garrett Morgan patents three-position traffic signal ? History.com This Day in History ? 11/20/1923

4. Otis Boykin: Invented an electronic control devices for guided missiles, IBM computers, and the pacemaker!

Otis Boykin - Noted Black Inventor Otis Boykin

5. Dr. Patricia. E. Bath: Discovered and invented a new device and technique for cataract eye-surgery, known as Laserphaco!

Changing the Face of Medicine | Dr. Patricia E. Bath

6.Lonnie G. Johnson: Invented the world-famous watergun—the Supersoaker!

Lonnie G. Johnson: Inventor of the Super Soaker®

7.George Alcorn: Invented the Imaging X-Ray Spectrometer!

George Edward Alcorn - Physicist of the African Diaspora

8. Benjamin Banneker: Invented the first striking clock!

Benjamin Banneker: Invented America's First Clock

9. Charles Richard Drew: Invented the first blood bank!

Charles R. Drew - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10. Frederick McKinley Jones: Invented portable air-cooling units for trucks carrying perishable goods!

Frederick McKinley Jones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

11. Alfred L. Cralle: Invented the Ice Cream Scoop!

Welcome to African-American Inventors.org

12. Alexander Miles: Invented an Electric Elevator Door!

Welcome to African-American Inventors.org

13. George Carruthers: Invented the first Image Converter for Detecting Electromagnetic Radiation!

George Robert Carruthers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

14. David Crosthwait: Invented Heating and Cooling Installations!

David Crosthwait - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

15. Henry Blair: Invented the Cotton Planter!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Blair_(inventor)

16. Benjamin Bradley: Invented the first working Steam-Engine for war ships!

Bradley, Benjamin (1830- ?) | The Black Past: Remembered and Reclaimed

17. Charles Brooks: Invented the Street-Sweeper!

Charles Brooks - Black Inventor Online Museum

18. John Lee Love: Invented the Portable Pencil Sharpener!

John Lee Love Biography - Facts, Birthday, Life Story - Biography.com

19. Bessie Blount Griffin: Invented the Electronic Feeding Tube!

Bessie Blount Griffin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

20. Donald Cotton: Invented Propellants for Nuclear Reactors!

About.com: http://www.onmy.com/haynie/new_page_15.htm

21. Rondal Demon: Invented the ‘Smart-Shoe’, whose cushion support automatically adjusts to the wearers foot!

Inventor of the Week: Archive

22. Meredith C. Gourdine: Invented Electrogasdynamics Systems!

Meredith Gourdine - Electrogasdynamics Systems

23. Norbert Rillieux: Invented the Sugar Processing Evaporator!

Norbert Rillieux - History of Sugar Processing

24. Henry Sampson: Invented a Gamma-Electrical Cell!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Sampson_(inventor)

25. Jerry Shelby: Invented an Engine Protection System for Recoverable Rocket Boosters!

Jerry Shelby

26. Rufus Stokes: Invented an Air Exhaust Purifier!

Rufus Stokes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

27. Joseph Winters: Invented the Fire Escape Latter!

Joseph Winters - Fire Escape Ladder

28. Granville T. Woods: Invented the Auto Cut-Off Switch!

Granville T Woods - African American Inventor

29. George Sampson: Invented the Dryer Machine!

http://inventors.about.com/od/photo...12;-S/George-Sampson—-Clothes-Dryer.htm

30.Sarah Goode: Invented the Folding Cabinet bed!

HowStuffWorks "Top 10 Inventions by African-Americans"

Black Invention Myths
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cWAERtZKJU]Black Invention Myths Exposed - Volume One - Garrett A. Morgan and his Traffic Signal - YouTube[/ame]

Traffic Signal Invented by Garrett A. Morgan in 1923? Nope.
The first known traffic signal appeared in London in 1868 near the Houses of Parliament. Designed by JP Knight, it featured two semaphore arms and two gas lamps. The earliest electric traffic lights include Lester Wire's two-color version set up in Salt Lake City circa 1912, James Hoge's system (US patent #1,251,666) installed in Cleveland by the American Traffic Signal Company in 1914, and William Potts' 4-way red-yellow-green lights introduced in Detroit beginning in 1920. New York City traffic towers began flashing three-color signals also in 1920.

Garrett Morgan's cross-shaped, crank-operated semaphore was not among the first half-hundred patented traffic signals, nor was it "automatic" as is sometimes claimed, nor did it play any part in the evolution of the modern traffic light.
[return to top]
Gas Mask Garrett Morgan in 1914? Nope.
The invention of the gas mask predates Morgan's breathing device by several decades. Early versions were constructed by the Scottish chemist John Stenhouse in 1854 and the physicist John Tyndall in the 1870s, among many other inventors prior to World War I.

More at link.

I love morgan freeman. Such a wise man. But...I am still going to honor black history month.

Black History Month is a time of year when everyone is reminded that the achievements and self confidence of black people are so low that they need to be reminded of those of the same skin color who have succeeded so as to feel better about their mediocrity when they are perfectly capable of success if only they abandon a culture which is largely holding them back. Black History Month encourages black failure by insisting that they rest on the achievements of other individuals. It encourages them to ascribe the achievements of other blacks to themselves instead of pursuing achievements of their own. It is a collective mindset that separates the races and encourages people to look at groups instead of individuals despite that it was individuals who achieved said success. It demands that blacks not be judged by their own individual actions but by the achievements of past blacks of their choosing. It is the most racist of ideas. See below.

The Top Ten African-American Inventors | Scholastic.com

Elijah McCoy revolutionized industry in 1872 by inventing the first device to automatically oil machinery? Nope. The phrase "Real McCoy" arose to distinguish Elijah's inventions from cheap imitations? Nope.

The oil cup, which automatically delivers a steady trickle of lubricant to machine parts while the machine is running, predates McCoy's career; a description of one appears in the May 6, 1848 issue of Scientific American. The automatic "displacement lubricator" for steam engines was developed in 1860 by John Ramsbottom of England, and notably improved in 1862 by James Roscoe of the same country. The "hydrostatic" lubricator originated no later than 1871.

Variants of the phrase Real McCoy appear in Scottish literature dating back to at least 1856 — well before Elijah McCoy could have been involved.

Lewis Latimer invented the carbon filament in 1881 or 1882? Nope.

English chemist/physicist Joseph Swan experimented with a carbon-filament incandescent light all the way back in 1860, and by 1878 had developed a better design which he patented in Britain. On the other side of the Atlantic, Thomas Edison developed a successful carbon-filament bulb, receiving a patent for it (#223898) in January 1880, before Lewis Latimer did any work in electric lighting. From 1880 onward, countless patents were issued for innovations in filament design and manufacture (Edison had over 50 of them). Neither of Latimer's two filament-related patents in 1881 and 1882 were among them, nor did they make the light bulb last longer, nor is there reason to believe they were adopted outside Hiram Maxim's company where Latimer worked at the time. (He was not hired by Edison's company until 1884, primarily as a draftsman and an expert witness in patent litigations).

Latimer also did not come up with the first screw socket for the light bulb or the first book on electric lighting.

"Third Rail" Granville Woods in 1901? Nope.

Werner von Siemens pioneered the use of an electrified third rail as a means for powering railway vehicles when he demonstrated an experimental electric train at the 1879 Berlin Industrial Exhibition. In the US, English-born Leo Daft used a third-rail system to electrify the Baltimore & Hampden lines in 1885. The first electrically powered subway trains, which debuted in London in the autumn of 1890, likewise drew power from a third rail.

George Washington Carver "Discovered" hundreds of new and important uses for the peanut? Fathered the peanut industry? Revolutionized southern US agriculture? Nope.

Research by Barry Mackintosh, who served as bureau historian for the National Park Service (which manages the G.W. Carver National Monument), demonstrated the following:
•Most of Carver's peanut and sweet potato creations were either unoriginal, impractical, or of uncertain effectiveness. No product born in his laboratory was widely adopted.
•The boom years for Southern peanut production came prior to, and not as a result of, Carver's promotion of the crop.
•Carver's work to improve regional farming practices was not of pioneering scientific importance and had little demonstrable impact.

Traffic Signal Invented by Garrett A. Morgan in 1923? Nope.

The first known traffic signal appeared in London in 1868 near the Houses of Parliament. Designed by JP Knight, it featured two semaphore arms and two gas lamps. The earliest electric traffic lights include Lester Wire's two-color version set up in Salt Lake City circa 1912, James Hoge's system (US patent #1,251,666) installed in Cleveland by the American Traffic Signal Company in 1914, and William Potts' 4-way red-yellow-green lights introduced in Detroit beginning in 1920. New York City traffic towers began flashing three-color signals also in 1920.

The invention of the gas mask predates Morgan's breathing device by several decades. Early versions were constructed by the Scottish chemist John Stenhouse in 1854 and the physicist John Tyndall in the 1870s, among many other inventors prior to World War I.

Laser Cataract Surgery Patricia Bath "transformed eye surgery" by inventing the first laser device to treat cataracts in 1986? Nope.

Use of lasers to treat cataracts in the eye began to develop in the mid 1970s. M.M. Krasnov of Russia reported the first such procedure in 1975. One of the earliest US patents for laser cataract removal (#3,982,541) was issued to Francis L'Esperance in 1976. In later years, a number of experimenters worked independently on laser devices for removing cataracts, including Daniel Eichenbaum, whose work became the basis of the Paradigm Photon™ device; and Jack Dodick, whose Dodick Laser PhotoLysis System eventually became the first laser unit to win FDA approval for cataract removal in the United States. Still, the majority of cataract surgeries continue to be performed using ultrasound devices, not lasers.

Elijah McCoy revolutionized industry in 1872 by inventing the first device to automatically oil machinery? Nope. The phrase "Real McCoy" arose to distinguish Elijah's inventions from cheap imitations? Nope.

The oil cup, which automatically delivers a steady trickle of lubricant to machine parts while the machine is running, predates McCoy's career; a description of one appears in the May 6, 1848 issue of Scientific American. The automatic "displacement lubricator" for steam engines was developed in 1860 by John Ramsbottom of England, and notably improved in 1862 by James Roscoe of the same country. The "hydrostatic" lubricator originated no later than 1871.

Variants of the phrase Real McCoy appear in Scottish literature dating back to at least 1856 — well before Elijah McCoy could have been involved.

Laser Cataract Surgery Patricia Bath "transformed eye surgery" by inventing the first laser device to treat cataracts in 1986? Nope.

Use of lasers to treat cataracts in the eye began to develop in the mid 1970s. M.M. Krasnov of Russia reported the first such procedure in 1975. One of the earliest US patents for laser cataract removal (#3,982,541) was issued to Francis L'Esperance in 1976. In later years, a number of experimenters worked independently on laser devices for removing cataracts, including Daniel Eichenbaum, whose work became the basis of the Paradigm Photon™ device; and Jack Dodick, whose Dodick Laser PhotoLysis System eventually became the first laser unit to win FDA approval for cataract removal in the United States. Still, the majority of cataract surgeries continue to be performed using ultrasound devices, not lasers.

Are you here to contribute anything to celebrate Black history>? http://www.black-inventor.com/

Are you here to contribute anything to celebrate Black history>? Famous Black Inventors

Black History Month is a time of year when everyone is reminded that the achievements and self confidence of black people are so low that they need to be reminded of those of the same skin color who have succeeded so as to feel better about their mediocrity when they are perfectly capable of success if only they abandon a culture which is largely holding them back. Black History Month encourages black failure by insisting that they rest on the achievements of other individuals. It encourages them to ascribe the achievements of other blacks to themselves instead of pursuing achievements of their own. It is a collective mindset that separates the races and encourages people to look at groups instead of individuals despite that it was individuals who achieved said success. It demands that blacks not be judged by their own individual actions but by the achievements of past blacks of their choosing. It is the most racist of ideas. Especially when you attribute inventions to African Americans who did not invent them. Indeed, I provided the names and patent #'s for all to see. Truth, reality, and sunshine is the best way to honor black history.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdeI9NfbfT8]Ayn Rand - Racism - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I don't get it. This doesn't hurt anyone, honoring those who did good things. So what if they are black? They are still our brothers and sisters. To me, anyway. And there is "bad" in every human being.

Just once, can't people be NICE?

[MENTION=27496]Publius1787[/MENTION]

Do you go to malls and yell at the kids that the santa sitting there is a fake?
Do you go to chuck e cheese and pop all the ballons because you don't like balloons?
Can you please take your schtick somewhere else and let us honor those we wish to honor?

I don't get it. This doesn't hurt anyone, honoring those who did good things. So what if they are black? They are still our brothers and sisters. To me, anyway. And there is "bad" in every human being.

Just once can people see that we are all individuals and skin color does not matter? Should we be judged by the color of our skin or the content of our character? Should we by judged be those who did great things while happening to share the same skin color? No, that just as ridiculous as judging an individual by those who did bad things who share the same skin color. Black history month is a farce and it does more to damage the black individual than to help him achieve on his own. That bit of knowledge is my gift to black history.

Do you go to chuck e cheese and pop all the ballons because you don't like balloons?
Can you please take your schtick somewhere else and let us honor those we wish to honor?

I expect more from adults and I certainly do not wish to treat blacks as if they were children. Are you comparing the achievements of blacks to the mythical Santa Clause? Should I refrain from the truth so as to treat blacks as children and make them happy? No, I am no slave master that needs to feed his chattel falsehoods and prop up the morale of his childlike slaves so as to make them more productive. Get out of the plantation mentality.

I am honoring black history.

Last edited:

I wonder if they bitch about Breast Cancer Awareness? Or Autism? Or the 10 other months?

Sent from my iPhone using no lube, maximizing the butt hurt in right wingers

He is not worth engaging, he is attempting to derail.

assata-shakur-nobody-in-the-world-nobody-in-history-has-ever-gotten-their-freedom-by-appealing-to-the-moral-sense-of-the-people-who-were-oppressing-them.jpg

I expect more from adults and I certainly do not wish to treat blacks as if they were children. Are you comparing the achievements of blacks to the mythical Santa Clause? Should I refrain from the truth so as to treat blacks as children and make them happy? No, I am no slave master that needs to feed his chattel falsehoods and prop up the morale of his childlike slaves so as to make them more productive. Get out of the plantation mentality.

I am honoring black history.

You are insulting anyone that wants to participate in BKM. Do I agree with the division? No. That is another topic. But to HONOR those who happen to be black, designated as honoring them in February, is yet ANOTHER topic. NOT for THIS ONE.

I wonder if they bitch about Breast Cancer Awareness? Or Autism? Or the 10 other months?

Sent from my iPhone using no lube, maximizing the butt hurt in right wingers

Yes.

Just once can people see that we are all individuals and skin color does not matter? Should we be judged by the color of our skin or the content of our character? Should we by judged be those who did great things while happening to share the same skin color? No, that just as ridiculous as judging an individual by those who did bad things who share the same skin color. Black history month is a farce and it does more to damage the black individual than to help him achieve on his own. That bit of knowledge is my gift to black history.

Black History month is not about judging people by the color of our skin. Instead it is about celebrating the achievements of a segment of our society.

As a society we make these arbitrary groupings all of the time. We celebrate Memorial Day and Veterans Day for the subset of people who served this nation. We celebrate Labor Day for the subset of people who dedicated themselves towards better working conditions.

There is no "judgement" involved in Black History month. It is a celebration of those who overcame adversity and achieved great things and in the process made this a better nation.

He is not worth engaging, he is attempting to derail.

I am on topic. I have not deviated from the parameters of the thread. Correcting falsehoods and engaging in the black history relevancy is in fact legitimate for a topic posted in Race Relations/Racism.

Whatever. Do as you will.

This thread is as Derideo said. If you and those like you want to shit all over it, knock yourselves out. I will just step around the piles you sit in liking the stink.

Forum List

Back