Zone1 Black Favoritism is A Hoax

Status
Not open for further replies.

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
Where is the Black Favoritism?

Affirmative action in the United States is the active effort to improve employment, educational, and other opportunities for members of groups that have been subjected to discrimination. Criteria for affirmative action include race, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, and age.

Affirmative action in the United States protects people on the grounds of race, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, and age. It does this by giving limited preferences to groups that have faced long-standing discrimination in job hiring, admission to institutions of higher education, the awarding of government contracts, and other social benefits.

None of this says that affirmative action is just for blacks. Whatever favoritism goes to blacks, goes to Asians, Hispanics, Pacific Islanders, Native American ALL WOMEN, ALL RACES who are handicapped, ALL RACES who are gay and trans trans male or female, a white man who is old, or veterans. So where is the black favoritism? Scores have been lowered in police and fire departments to admit women, so why is it that blacks are the only ones getting attacked here?

FDNY drops physical test requirement amid low female hiring rate

In 2014 the NYFD dropped the physical test so they could hire women, and that includes WHITE WOMEN. This was a BFOQ dropped just for women. Now, there has not been any instance that I know of that a BONAFIDE OCCUPATIONAL QUALIFICATION was dropped for blacks. And while right wing whites have continued running their mouths about the Connecticut case, this happened 5 years after Ricci v. DeStefano.

College Student Demographics
55% of enrolled college students are White.
The enrollment rate of Native Americans dropped by 13%.
The enrollment rate of Black Americans dropped by 8.8%.
The enrollment rate of White Americans dropped by 8.5%.
The enrollment rate of Latin Americans dropped by 7.3%.
The enrollment rate of Asians dropped by 4.8%.

So when you look at this, where is the black favoritism?
And before anyone starts, enrollment for blacks and whites basically decreased by the same amount.

Whites are 77 percent of the workforce.
They are 80 percent of the management.
Blacks are 12.3 percent of the workforce
Blacks are 9 percent of the management.

And this isn't because blacks are not qualified.,

According to the 2020 census, Non hispanic whites are 60 percent of the population.
Blacks-13 percent

Where is the black favoritism?

It only exists in the minds of white right wingers and it is a result of a zero sum mentality that has been created by the system of white preference that has been mistaken for democracy.

Whites have been given what they have because of their skin color. Whites are hired and promoted because of their skin color. It's time right wing whites stopped lying to theselves and whining about preferences they are the ones getting.

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.”

“Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid "affirmative action" hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity" demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time.

Glad I did it. I would do it again.”

Once again I remind you of the words posted by one of your fellow right wing USMB members . He is not the only one doing this, and he is not the only one here doing this.

“Plausible deniability is the ability to deny any involvement in illegal or unethical activities, because there is no clear evidence to prove involvement. The lack of evidence makes the denial credible, or plausible.”
-
Teagan Goddards Political dictionary

You guys do this every day in regards to a specific behavior. You need to understand this reality:

1660271427362.png

You guys are talking to grown people who have experienced negative white anti black attitudes since we were children. We know it when we see it. Plausible deniability cannot save you. This you will learn.

There is no black favoritism. What you right wingers call black favoritism sane, rational, fair minded people call equal opportunity.

“The spectacle of members of a racial demographic that comprises 75% of the nation's populace and dominates both the political and economic spheres whining that they are oppressed is pathetic.”
-white USMB member

Whites are not entitled to everything.

In general, criminals in most ethnic groups perpetrate against their own kind first. Don't make it a black thing. That is just an extension of a much larger human phenomenon. I used to live in New York in a very Hispanic corner of the city. I am white, by the way...and am also even married to a Hispanic woman now. But back when I lived in that neighborhood in New York, it was almost always Hispanics on Hispanics... Even though there were minorities of other races to prey on including mine.

Alot of you "modern" progressive people trying to use your woke methods of neutralizing reality to promote and support your subjective ideas forget that many of us have simply seen plenty of undeniable stats in our lives. It's in this way that you turn yourselves into the REAL racists by making human nature and other things a "black thing".

In general, criminals in most ethnic groups perpetrate against their own kind first. Don't make it a black thing. That is just an extension of a much larger human phenomenon. I used to live in New York in a very Hispanic corner of the city. I am white, by the way...and am also even married to a Hispanic woman now. But back when I lived in that neighborhood in New York, it was almost always Hispanics on Hispanics... Even though there were minorities of other races to prey on including mine.

Alot of you "modern" progressive people trying to use your woke methods of neutralizing reality to promote and support your subjective ideas forget that many of us have simply seen plenty of undeniable stats in our lives. It's in this way that you turn yourselves into the REAL racists by making human nature and other things a "black thing".
Try saying this to whites who make things into black this and black that.

Try saying this to whites who make things into black this and black that.
I think this education has the potential to be more effective than simply following suit with more racism.

Any criteria that is not performance based is biased favoritism. It can be nepotism, racial, or gender based. In the end, it’s giving someone preferential treatment over another for something other than actual ability.

Affirmative action in the United States is the active effort to improve employment, educational, and other opportunities for members of groups that have been subjected to discrimination. Criteria for affirmative action include race, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, and age.

Affirmative action in the United States protects people on the grounds of race, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, and age. It does this by giving limited preferences to groups that have faced long-standing discrimination in job hiring, admission to institutions of higher education, the awarding of government contracts, and other social benefits.

None of this says that affirmative action is just for blacks. Whatever favoritism goes to blacks, goes to Asians, Hispanics, Pacific Islanders, Native American ALL WOMEN, ALL RACES who are handicapped, ALL RACES who are gay and trans trans male or female, a white man who is old, or veterans. So where is the black favoritism? Scores have been lowered in police and fire departments to admit women, so why is it that blacks are the only ones getting attacked here?

In 2014 the NYFD dropped the physical test so they could hire women, and that includes WHITE WOMEN. This was a BFOQ dropped just for women. Now, there has not been any instance that I know of that a BONAFIDE OCCUPATIONAL QUALIFICATION was dropped for blacks. And while right wing whites have continued running their mouths about the Connecticut case, this happened 5 years after Ricci v. DeStefano.

And before anyone starts, enrollment for blacks and whites basically decreased by the same amount.

According to the 2020 census, Non hispanic whites are 60 percent of the population.
Blacks-13 percent

It only exists in the minds of white right wingers and it is a result of a zero sum mentality that has been created by the system of white preference that has been mistaken for democracy.

Whites have been given what they have because of their skin color. Whites are hired and promoted because of their skin color. It's time right wing whites stopped lying to theselves and whining about preferences they are the ones getting.

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.”

“Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid "affirmative action" hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity" demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time.

Once again I remind you of the words posted by one of your fellow right wing USMB members . He is not the only one doing this, and he is not the only one here doing this.

“Plausible deniability is the ability to deny any involvement in illegal or unethical activities, because there is no clear evidence to prove involvement. The lack of evidence makes the denial credible, or plausible.”
-

You guys do this every day in regards to a specific behavior. You need to understand this reality:

View attachment 681003

You guys are talking to grown people who have experienced negative white anti black attitudes since we were children. We know it when we see it. Plausible deniability cannot save you. This you will learn.

There is no black favoritism. What you right wingers call black favoritism sane, rational, fair minded people call equal opportunity.

“The spectacle of members of a racial demographic that comprises 75% of the nation's populace and dominates both the political and economic spheres whining that they are oppressed is pathetic.”
-white USMB member

Whites are hired and promoted because of their skin color.

There are more jobs than there are black people, so that blanket statement isn't too accurate.
Someone has to fill the positions.

Not everyone is GIVEN what they have, but this seems to be a mindset.

Waaaay tl/dr. Did skim. Nothing new here.
Was long, not sure about dr? Not bad though.
Women are making out like bandits on education though. They are somewhere around 60% of college students. A non- Caucasian woman ought to be a shoe-in for higher education.
I wasn't even sure he wrote it until I got down to the part where he said "This you will learn" and recognized the salesmanship.
Actually it was well written (though long), nothing surprising and sounded accurate.

Can you specify what's wrong?
Yeah, he said that whites got hired or promoted because of their skin tone. There is a refusal to recognize or credit traits that get one hired - ability, talent, experience in the field, a proven work history, motivation, discipline, and so forth.

For my last job, I created an example of the work product which I would be responsible for to bring to my interview. I spent days on it, requiring substantial effort - and, of course, the ability to do it. I was told, a couple a weeks after I got the job, it was down to me and another candidate, and the fact that I had the initiative - and demonstrated the skill - to create the “work sample“ put me way ahead.

How is THAT related to the fact I have light skin?

Not everything bad that happens to a black guy, and a good thing that happens to a white person, is due to racism. IM2 wants people to believe that, but it’s patently ridiculous, and everyone knows it.

Blacks-13 percent

-

View attachment 681003

-white USMB member

There is very little discrimination going on in this day and age. Blacks are more likely to have trouble finding a good job, because they are behaviorally different. They are more likely to be fired, because they are behaviorally different.

If a black person is a desirable employee, capitalism will put them to work. If companies discriminate, It will hurt their ability to compete. Companies that discriminate will go out of business.

Blacks-13 percent

-

View attachment 681003

-white USMB member

If blacks weren't intellectually challenged they wouldn't need AA. Asians certainly don't.

All of your 'term papers' are the same. You try to prove that Black people in America are victims and Systemic Racism is still rampant. The truth is Black people are the most favored group of people in America today and get preferential treatment for jobs and higher education. I personally think you write these essays to convince yourself you are not wrong.
My term papers are factually correct. A white male who in the beneficiary of every preference this system offers and who participates in the behavior he uses plausible deniability to argue how its not so can't tell me anything.

If blacks weren't intellectually challenged they wouldn't need AA. Asians certainly don't.
Except Asians do get Affirmative Action. And what you think A is white men have always gotten. So you might want to recant your statement.

Are white women intellectually challenged?

On June 17, 2013, Sally Kohn wrote an article in Time titled, “Affirmative Action Has Helped White Women More Than Anyone.”

“While people of color, individually and as groups, have been helped by affirmative action in the subsequent years, data and studies suggest women — white women in particular — have benefited disproportionately. According to
one study, in 1995, 6 million women, the majority of whom were white, had jobs they wouldn’t have otherwise held but for affirmative action.”

The National Womens Law Center did a study on Affirmatives Action and found that:

“Women of color have lagged particularly far behind in both employment and education. For example, in 1998, the median weekly salary for Black women was $400 compared to $468 for white women and $615 for white men. Hispanic women earned a median weekly income of only $337. Even in sectors where women have made inroads into management, minority women continue to be underrepresented. In the banking industry, only 2.6% of executive, managerial and administrative jobs were held by Black women, and 5% by Hispanic women, compared to 37.6% by white women. In the hospital industry, Black and Hispanic women each held 4.6% of these jobs, while white women held 50.2%. At the top, women of color represented only 11.2% of all corporate officers in Fortune 500 companies. Women of color also earn fewer college degrees than white women. In 1997, white women made up 39% of college undergraduates and 42% of graduate students; minority women were only 16% of undergraduates and 10% of graduate students.”

Tim Wise had a paper published in the National Women’s Studies Association Journal in the fall of 1998 titled, “Is Sisterhood Conditional?: White Women and the Rollback of Affirmative Action.”

“Thanks in large measure to affirmative action and civil rights protections that opened up previously restricted opportunities to women of all colors, from 1972-1993:

• The percentage of women architects increased from 3% to nearly 19% of the total;
  • The percentage of women doctors more than doubled from 10% to 22% of all doctors;
  • The percentage of women lawyers grew from 4% to 23% of the national total;
  • The percentage of female engineers went from less than 1% to nearly 9%;
  • The percentage of female chemists grew from 10% to 30% of all chemists; and,
  • The percentage of female college faculty went from 28% to 42% of all faculty.
Furthermore, since only 1983, the percentage of women business managers and professionals grew from 41% of all such persons, to 48%, while the number of female police officers more than doubled, from 6% to 13% According to a 1995 study, there are at least six million women — the overwhelming majority of them white — who simply wouldn’t have the jobs they have today, but for the inroads made by affirmative action. -Tim Wise

The increased number of white women graduating college then entering into higher-paying fields formerly dominated by men raised the earnings of white women. Since white men were already disproportionately represented in high-paying positions, as white women married those men, their earnings combined with his further increased white household wealth. White women have been the number one beneficiary of Affirmative Action.

Sally Kohn, Affirmative Action Has Helped White Women More Than Anyone, Time, JUNE 17, 2013, Affirmative Action Has Helped White Women More Than Anyone.

Fact Sheet: Affirmative Action and What It Means for Women, July 1, 2000, The National Womens Law Center, https://nwlc.org/resources/affirmative-action-and-what-it-means-women/

Tim Wise, Is Sisterhood Conditional?: White Women and the Rollback of Affirmative Action, September 23, 1998, Is Sisterhood Conditional?: White Women and the Rollback of Affirmative Action

Victoria M. Massie, White women benefit most from affirmative action — and are among its fiercest opponents, White women benefit most from affirmative action — and are among its fiercest opponents

Factless unlearned opinions based on anti black hate have no place in these discussions.

Asian Americans have long benefited from affirmative action policies. A study released by Georgetown University showed that if testing was used as the sole requirement in the admissions process, 21 percent of Asian American applicants who were previously admitted would no longer qualify.

1660349118752.png

Under SAT-Only Admissions, Asian American Applicants to Selective Colleges Would Gain Fewer than 3,000 Seats Out of 120,000, Georgetown University Report Finds

21% of Asian American students at the most selective colleges would not have been admitted under a test-only admissions policy​

July 15, 2021

“If we used test-based merit as the singular admissions requirement, the gain for Asian American applicants would be marginal,” CEW Director and lead author Anthony P. Carnevale said. “But on the flip side, 21% of Asian American applicants who were previously admitted would no longer qualify.”

Critics of affirmative action point to the stable enrollment share of Asian American students at the most selective colleges for the past two decades as evidence that these institutions maintain a predetermined racial balance of students. However, CEW researchers found that the enrollment share of Asian American and Pacific Islander students at Harvard and at the 90 other most selective colleges in the US has kept pace with their growing share of the four-year college-going population. In fact, the Asian American and Pacific Islander share of enrollments at the most selective colleges grew by 4 percentage points even while their enrollment share at all four-year colleges grew by just 2 percentage points between 1999 and 2018.

The likelihood of attending Harvard has declined at the same rate for Asian American and Pacific Islander four-year college students as for college students of all other racial and ethnic groups between 2000 and 2018. The number of seats at Harvard is relatively stable, so if Asian American and Pacific Islander applicants were being disproportionately excluded from Harvard as their total enrollment at four-year colleges doubled, their chances of attending Harvard would decrease more quickly than those of the general population. But that has not happened.

Another criticism of selective colleges’ admissions practices is that they reject Asian American applicants in greater numbers than students from other racial and ethnic groups. However, CEW researchers found that Asian American students are more likely to apply to highly selective colleges, regardless of their test scores. Among students who scored 1300 or above on the SAT, 65% of Asian American students applied to one of the most selective colleges in the country, compared to 50% of non–Asian American students. And among students who scored below 1300, 12% of Asian American students took a chance and applied to one of the most selective colleges, compared to only 5% of non–Asian American students. Since more Asian American students apply to selective colleges, more are denied a seat.

To test the claim that Asian American applicants need to get a higher score on the SAT than applicants from other racial and ethnic groups to gain admission to highly selective colleges, CEW researchers simulated how using standardized test scores as the sole factor in admissions would change an admitted class. The thought experiment showed that median scores for students admitted to the most selective colleges would increase by 70 points for Asian Americans and 90 points for non–Asian Americans under a test-only admissions policy.

Factless unlearned opinions based on anti black hate have no place in these discussions.

Except Asians do get Affirmative Action. And what you think A is white men have always gotten. So you might want to recant your statement.
Asians are suing Harvard in the SCOTUS. Harvard was so desperate to justify why top-scoring Asians were being rejected - and lower-scoring blacks accepted - that they devised a personality test and judged them as “unlikeable.”

You“d be screaming bloody murder if blacks were being rejected on the grounds they’re unlikeable.

SCOTUS case is October 2022. Decision out by June 2023. This will be the last year that prestigious universities lower admissions standards for blacks while rejecting whites and Asians with better grades.

Asians are not suing anything Edward Blum, a white man is. He's using Asians hoping to end AA.

You are nothing but a low value human full of anti black hate.

Here are the facts.

It is time to look at Blum's claim. He claims Asians are discriminated against in admissions. Harvard admission numbers do not support his claim. Asians are 6 percent of the American population, but they were 25.9 percent of the students entering Harvard in 2021. That is a full ten percentage points more than African Americans (15.9%) and more than double the percentage of both Hispanics(12.5%) and Native Americans(11%). In fact, there were more Asians admitted into Harvard than Hispanics and Native Americans combined.

Asians were 26 percent of the students admitted to Harvard in 2021. Far more than anyone else. So you are juat posting bs, because it is apparent that according to your one line used to be disingenuous, that Asians were liked well enough to have the most representation of any minority group at Harvard.

But here's more:

A study published by the National Bureau of Economic Research and reported on the NBC.com website on September 20, 2019, revealed this:

“Using publicly released reports, we examine the preferences Harvard gives for recruited athletes, legacies, those on the dean’s interest list, and children of faculty and staff (ALDCs). Among white admits, over 43% are ALDC. Among admits who are African American, Asian American, and Hispanic, the share is less than 16% each. Our model of admissions shows that roughly three quarters of white ALDC admits would have been rejected if they had been treated as white non-ALDCs. Removing preferences for athletes and legacies would significantly alter the racial distribution of admitted students, with the share of white admits falling and all other groups rising or remaining unchanged.”

So it appears that minority groups such as Asians are denied for white ALDC preference admissions. In other words: whites are provided entry by a plethora of other preferences they would not qualify for if not for connections they have due to their race. The study shows that Asians are not adversely impacted because Harvard must admit blacks and Hispanics that are presumably unqualified. Instead, we see white ALDC students who would not qualify under any other circumstance who get accepted at more than double the percentage of Asians, Blacks, Hispanics, and Native Americans who meet the same criteria.

Now you can get away with this whining here among people who have the same attitude, but you have tried me and I know the facts. Your hate addled unlearned opninons really have no place in this discussion but you are protected. There is no black favoritism, thats a fact. Asians get Affirmative Action and no doubt Affirmative Action got you into a position that had been formerly done by white men.

White women have been the most favored by AA and as I pointed out earlier BFOQ's are now being dropped to allow WOMEN into jobs.

Students for Fair Admissions, Inc. v. President & Fellows of Harvard College, First Circuit Holds that Harvard’s Admissions Program Does Not Violate the Civil Rights Act., Students for Fair Admissions, Inc. v. President & Fellows of Harvard College

The diverse demographics of Asian Americans, The diverse demographics of Asian Americans

Admissions Statistics, A Brief Profile of the Admitted Class of 2025, Harvard welcomes students from across the country and all over, Admissions Statistics

Daniella Silva, Study on Harvard finds 43 percent of white students are legacy, athletes, related to donors or staff, Study finds 43 percent of Harvard's white students are legacy, athletes, related to donors or staff

Peter Arcidiacono, Josh Kinsler, Tyler Ransom, National Bureau Of Economic Research, Legacy And Athlete Preferences At Harvard, Working Paper 26316, Legacy and Athlete Preferences at Harvard

They aren’t intellectually challenged. Anyone who wants to get ahead needs to have the ambition and motivation, this goes for all races.
You don't know what affirmative Action is and your opinion is based on your belief in a lie. This is not about blacks or any other group of color not wanting to get ahead. And you really need to check yourself.

Sally Kohn, Affirmative Action Has Helped White Women More Than Anyone, Time, JUNE 17, 2013, Affirmative Action Has Helped White Women More Than Anyone.

Fact Sheet: Affirmative Action and What It Means for Women, July 1, 2000, The National Womens Law Center, https://nwlc.org/resources/affirmative-action-and-what-it-means-women/

Tim Wise, Is Sisterhood Conditional?: White Women and the Rollback of Affirmative Action, September 23, 1998, Is Sisterhood Conditional?: White Women and the Rollback of Affirmative Action

Victoria M. Massie, White women benefit most from affirmative action — and are among its fiercest opponents, White women benefit most from affirmative action — and are among its fiercest opponents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back