Black fathers: shattering stereotypes.

The epidemic of absent black fathers in today’s society is vastly increasing and getting worst and worst. According to 2011 U.S. Census, over 24 million children live inside of a fatherless home. Now let’s break it down and divide the pie into the different races in America. 1 in 3 (34%) Hispanic children live in father-absent homes, and 1 in 4 (25%) white children also live in father-absent homes, while nearly 2 in 3 (64%) African American children live in father-absent homes. Anyone see anything wrong with those numbers?

According to the National Fatherhood Initiative, children who live in a fatherless home are, on average, at least two to three times more likely to be poor, to use drugs, to experience educational, health, emotional and behavioral problems, to be victims of child abuse, and to engage in criminal behavior than their peers who live with their married, biological (or adoptive) parents.

I sincerely hope The Dad Gang thing catches on, I really do. Got my doubts however, about that NCHS study, I wonder if they interviewed people in the lowest income brackets or others with middle and upper incomes.

Most of the fatherless problems are in the lower incomes in areas of democrats dominates cities, where drug use and gangs are dominant, that is the main cause of absent lack fathers.

" Most of the fatherless problems are in the lower incomes in areas of democrats dominates cities, where drug use and gangs are dominant, that is the main cause of absent lack fathers. "

Which I believe is why one needs to dig into any report or survey on this subject and see where the participants live. Where was the study in question done? You're going to get different results depending on who you survey, true? And that would be the case regardless of what the conclusion was. I have no idea whether the problem of fatherless black children is less prevalent than it was 10 or 20 years ago among those living near or below the poverty limit, but one hopes the situation is improving.

family structure is a subject for REAL sociologists. There is no question that
single motherhood is more prevalent amongst
black african-american women than most other ethnic-american groups. Unknown paternity is also more prevalent. Sociologists who invented a subject called "black studies" in the 1960s decided that the reason for the "differences" in social characteristics between black african-americans and persons of no color or "other-color" lands ENTIRELY on the impact of american slavery (as does hypertension and sickle cell anemia. Susceptibility to
illness caused by the corona virus has been added to that list.) I believe that there are other factors which are ACTUALLY CULTURAL.
In order to understand the phenomenon----the situation should be traced from ORIGIN of the
culture----all the way back to africa.

If racism were the primary problem, Nigerian Americans also would not be among the most successful immigrant groups in our country, but they are. Much of their success can be attributed to strong marriages and strong families. In Nigeria, only 4 percent of children are raised in single-parent households, compared to the overall U.S. rate of 23 percent.
Racism is not primarily responsible for the dissolution of the black family. Leftist policies are. Renowned economist Thomas Sowell explains, “The black family, which had survived centuries of slavery and discrimination, began rapidly disintegrating in the liberal welfare state that subsidized unwed pregnancy and changed welfare from an emergency rescue to a way of life.” This way of life has kept many black children stuck in cycles of generational poverty.

It could be that many single-parent black households are not really single-parent, they just say so to keep collecting welfare benefits. We are in effect incentivizing people to have kids out of wedlock, which in many cases results in a reduced commitment by the father to stay the course as it were.

Do you disagree? Numbers don't lie.

Think about it, Jews are less than 3% of the population yet we run the financial, entertainment and sports industries. How do you explain that? Asians make make the most in terms $$$.
Numbers alone don’t tell the whole story.

You're spitting in the wind. In most cases actually, it's better that the fathers aren't involved given what they are. Mind you, the mothers are little better.
That is a huge sweeping generalization.

Most of the fatherless problems are in the lower incomes in areas of democrats dominates cities, where drug use and gangs are dominant, that is the main cause of absent lack fathers.
We have the same problems in my state, but it is a red state and they are white.

Come on. Are we going to play this game?
It isn’t a game, I just pointed out an example of how numbers alone leave out info. Some one gave a stat on 70% of black families being single mothers. What does it NOT tell you?

It isn’t a game, I just pointed out an example of how numbers alone leave out info. Some one gave a stat on 70% of black families being single mothers. What does it NOT tell you?
It tells me people are having kids to have the Govt provide for them. Doesn’t tell me why but I know why.

It tells me people are having kids to have the Govt provide for them. Doesn’t tell me why but I know why.
I think very few people choose to have kids just so they can government money, that is another sweeping stereotype. Do you have any data to support that?

another topic-----what people are "hatred of
Blacks" hypers ?

- The people that automatically assume just because you were opposed to Obama as President based on his policies, you hate Blacks.

- The people that automatically assume just because you are opposed to taxpayer-funded reparations, you hate Blacks.

- The people that automatically assume just because you are opposed to racial quotas, you hate Blacks.

- The people that automatically assume that if you believe that one is fit to get a State issued ID card mandated for a lot of government services and access and that card should be used for Voter ID, you hate Blacks.

Disagreeing with policies does not absolutely correlate to hating Blacks.

I think very few people choose to have kids just so they can government money, that is another sweeping stereotype. Do you have any data to support that?
What other reason would there be? How can we have data? Do you think the single parents admit that?

What other reason would there be? How can we have data? Do you think the single parents admit that?

some young girls do it------a way to GET OUT OF HOME. and---believe it or not-----amongst some
hispanics-----a girl is EXPECTED to have a child before
age 20----it PROVES SHE IS A GOOD SPECIMEN OF WOMANHOOD---
(how do I know?-----I have worked with hispanics)

Forum List

Back