Black Communities Ravaged by COVID-19. Black Churches Still Meeting.

Last. "God has enough to deal with". God is never overwhelmed, nor is He even ever close to overwhelmed. That is humanizing God.

Sue, I totally agree. God is never overwhelmed, but He gave us a brain & common sense for a reason...just some people choose not to use them.

(Black churches are never "mega churches" for some reason.)

I wonder why that is, any ideas?

You made up some shit and then asked for ideas as to why your manufactured bullshit is real?

I wonder why you do that. Any ideas?

Triumph Church is a Christian megachurch located in Detroit, Michigan, USA.

Leftists never refer to Black churches as megachurches that I have ever read online.

"Megachurch" is considered to be a curse word or a slur, even though it the word only means a "large church". There are large churches with members of every ethnic group and race, and of many theological points of view from the Religious Far Left all the way to conservative.

But the only large churches called "megachurches" are honky dominated conservative ones that love the President.

You made up some shit and then asked for ideas as to why your manufactured bullshit is real?

Leftists never refer to Black churches as megachurches that I have ever read online.

"Megachurch" is considered to be a curse word or a slur, even though it the word only means a "large church". There are large churches with members of every ethnic group and race, and of many theological points of view from the Religious Far Left all the way to conservative.

But the only large churches called "megachurches" are honky dominated conservative ones that love the President.

Their vitriol toward these types of churches is getting out of control, frankly

I think any truly religious person would be offended by for profit religion

I don't think any major religion is done "for profit". But raising funds is part of any large organization, and if that offends someone, I would wonder how they would pay for the incredible expenses for TV cameras, buildings, transportation, recording equipment, holy water and other costs associated with religion.

I don't think any major religion is done "for profit". But raising funds is part of any large organization, and if that offends someone, I would wonder how they would pay for the incredible expenses for TV cameras, buildings, transportation, recording equipment, holy water and other costs associated with religion.

How much do you think the heads of those magachurches make every year?

Some of them do better, and some of them to worse.

I know that Liberal Megachurch theologian , Jim Wallis, is rolling in cash down in Washington DC.

However, some like Rev.Joel Osteen in Texas, doesn't take a dime in salary.

And yet, AMAZINGLY, White Leftist Shamers on USMB are silent about it and we don't see any Black Pastors being arrested on television. We have fat crocodile tears about the "mega churches". (Black churches are never "mega churches" for some reason.)

When deciding to close the doors of black churches, congregational leaders across the US wrestle with unique considerations. Paul J. James, pastor of CareView Community Church in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania, noted in an interview with The Undefeated how closing is “counterintuitive to most churches, especially the black church… where we’re just glad to get together because of how hard life has been historically for us here in America. Church has been a safe place for us. It’s been a safe harbor. Now here we are faced with the inability to come together.”

Last week, the federal government strongly urged Americans not to gather in groups of more than 10, and restrictions keep coming. We suspect that many churches will close in the near future, but the decision will not been easy.

In St. Louis, the mayor hosted a teleconference with 300 clergy, including many of black churches, to urge them not to hold services. While some chose to stop meetings and modify their ministries, others struggled to make the change.

In Michigan, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer banned gatherings of more than 50 but then exempted churches from penalties. This will give some churches more options, though many are choosing to modify in some way. Triumph Church, which has seven locations in the Detroit area, will continue to gather in person, for now, though it expanded the number of services to reduce congregation size and is asking members to register ahead of time so it can maintain at least six feet between worshippers. It is also providing an online service and a drive-in service.

A lot of things inform these responses to the coronavirus outbreak: culture, histories of discrimination, and marginalization, as well as faith-based values. People experience events like COVID-19 not only as individuals but also in communities and in the social locations we inhabit. As social scientists—Deidra as a black woman doing research on HPV and Elaine as a white woman who studies how religious organizations respond to science—we offer some observations based on our research for the past 10 years at the Religion and Public Life Program at Rice University. We have been gathering upwards of 150 religious and civic leaders regularly to talk about how we can use social science research on religion to build common ground for the common good.

Drop the white victimhood lady. There are black mega churches. And apparently blacks in Florida aren't holding services in churches. And its always funny when a republican like you suddenly gets so concerned about blacks only after somebody white gets arrested for something that you can't see blacks getting arrested for.

Nobody black will be calling COVID19 a racist disease. But that's how you racists see black people. Normal non racist whites would not make that kind of comment.

Black churches need to close just like everybody else. But what you really need to do Sue is work on ending the racism in the white community that has you posting this instead of whining "what about black pastors, why don't they get arrested."

They are already starting in on the racism absolutely. Of course it's racism and not the fact that Blacks in Detroit are still congregating in family groups; still going to church in groups.

Although Detroit has the highest concentration of cases, several suburbs that surround the city have low rates of coronavirus including Dearborn, Allen Park and Grosse Pointe Park.

All are predominantly white.

Tlaib said “it is very clear that structural racism is showing its ugly face during this global pandemic.”

“It is communities of color, especially the African-American community in my district, that you see getting directly impacted,” she said.

Dr. Abdul El-Sayed, an epidemiologist, said even if it was made public, existing data on coronavirus may not illustrate the full effect in communities of color.

“We're testing only people who come in with severe disease,” said El-Sayed, the former health director of the City of Detroit who ran for governor in 2018 as a Democrat.

“Frankly, I think that we would be very much underestimating the burden that this disease has in low-income communities and communities of color.”
I'm black sue, please stop trying to tell me what blacks are thinking. Funny how you are on this but you run from the reality of white racist American public policy. COVID19 will hit the black community hard due to the scarcity of medical facilities in that community, low incomes and the inability to afford health insurance. And that is due to racism. So like I said, you don't want to discuss white racist American public policy, but you want to run your mouth about some black churches in Detroit.

So you saying Obama care was a failure?

Check

I know that Liberal Megachurch theologian , Jim Wallis, is rolling in cash down in Washington DC.

no he just lives in a church owned mansion and flies around in a church owned jet and drives church owned cars

no he just lives in a church owned mansion and flies around in a church owned jet and drives church owned cars
Osteen's private chef is paid by the church.

Its probably worthwhile for the church to pay for it. Gives the pastor more time to work on his theological treatises instead of boiling rice

Its probably worthwhile for the church to pay for it. Gives the pastor more time to work on his theological treatises instead of boiling rice

I disagree.

Anyone who lives like a millionaire as a preacher isn't in it for god he's in it for himself

I disagree.

Anyone who lives like a millionaire as a preacher isn't in it for god he's in it for himself

People that are on top of the field, no matter what that field is, live well, no doubt about it.

They can certainly be in the field for more than one reason. Trying to be a good provider to their family doesn't mean that they don't love Almighty God as well. Iron Mike Tyson made an excellent living in the ring, and sure he made a load of money, but that doesn't mean he didn't love his craft.

I disagree.

People that are on top of the field, no matter what that field is, live well, no doubt about it.

They can certainly be in the field for more than one reason. Trying to be a good provider to their family doesn't mean that they don't love Almighty God as well. Iron Mike Tyson made an excellent living in the ring, and sure he made a load of money, but that doesn't mean he didn't love his craft.

Yeah keep telling yourself that preachers with private jets aren't in it for the money

Rarely is NY or any of these high impact states show ppl of color as victims, its always some white person, so it very convincing to think this virus is getting to us all. But no, its always always ppl of color who take the brunt of any dicease this nation engulfs. I can only imagine hords of ppl of color showing up in the ER and being told to go home or ignored for white patients, thus the high numbers. Meanwhile the education of this impact is lacking, blk ignorant mf's are still out in droves, still gathering and coming home and killing their grandmothers, their older relatives. Who's gonna get the love from healthcare providers, a young white person or some elderly black guy or woman, who's gonna get the care, a white person with insurance or the black person without it????????

Black People Are Dying Of COVID-19 At Alarming Rates. Here’s Why.
Persistent inequities exacerbate the impact of coronavirus.

I now understand why Trump is so reluctant to do something in these major cities where the numbers are rising everyday, ITS BECAUSE BLACK PPL, POTENTIAL BLACK DEMOCRATIC VOTERS ARE DYING. The media up until now, just showed us white ppl suffering, never showed blacks, it was always white people and yet we were dominating the death charts?????? Trump and the GOP are evil enough, mean enough to let us all just die, just to hold onto power this Nov.
But black ppl, that's our fault....because for decades upon decades, we became complacent voters, always waiting on the white man and the system to show us the way out, we've allowed ourselves to become once again the main meal on the GOP plate of destruction. HIV got us and now this....we're still complacent about this virus, still not following the rules, especially among young blacks....someday, we will learn, this game the country play on us time and time again, eventually they're gonna win, unless we wake the fuck up, pay attention to what's going on in the world, beside white pussy and rap bullshit.

I now understand why Trump is so reluctant to do something in these major cities where the numbers are rising everyday, ITS BECAUSE BLACK PPL, POTENTIAL BLACK DEMOCRATIC VOTERS ARE DYING. The media up until now, just showed us white ppl suffering, never showed blacks, it was always white people and yet we were dominating the death charts?????? Trump and the GOP are evil enough, mean enough to let us all just die, just to hold onto power this Nov.
But black ppl, that's our fault....because for decades upon decades, we became complacent voters, always waiting on the white man and the system to show us the way out, we've allowed ourselves to become once again the main meal on the GOP plate of destruction. HIV got us and now this....we're still complacent about this virus, still not following the rules, especially among young blacks....someday, we will learn, this game the country play on us time and time again, eventually they're gonna win, unless we wake the fuck up, pay attention to what's going on in the world, beside white pussy and rap bullshit.

Actually, you have it half ass backwards, TR.

President Trump does care about black people living in the failed inner cities. When that broad Whitsett from Detroit was dying from COVID, Trump suggested chloroquine and she actually followed the instructions from her president and survived. A lot of blacks have been taught to hate Trump and disregard his suggestions to avoid infection by washing their hands after using the commode.

Its liberal racism which tells blacks to disobey their president or else which is causing the higher death rates.

I hate to think how I'm going to be screamed at for this and in bold but here goes

A couple of weeks ago I started a post about this re: Detroit. I said when it hits here, it's gonna be really bad. This does not take a rocket scientist however. Blacks suffer the diseases that make coronavirus worse at higher rates than whites: high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, etc. A lot of that is not entirely their fault. If you live in an unsafe urban environment you don't exactly want to go for a jog. Etc.

I will leave your comments be about young black people still gathering in groups. You're right, but that's yours to talk about.

Forum List

Back