Black Communities Ravaged by COVID-19. Black Churches Still Meeting.

And yet, AMAZINGLY, White Leftist Shamers on USMB are silent about it and we don't see any Black Pastors being arrested on television. We have fat crocodile tears about the "mega churches". (Black churches are never "mega churches" for some reason.)

I wonder why that is, any ideas?

When deciding to close the doors of black churches, congregational leaders across the US wrestle with unique considerations. Paul J. James, pastor of CareView Community Church in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania, noted in an interview with The Undefeated how closing is “counterintuitive to most churches, especially the black church… where we’re just glad to get together because of how hard life has been historically for us here in America. Church has been a safe place for us. It’s been a safe harbor. Now here we are faced with the inability to come together.”

Last week, the federal government strongly urged Americans not to gather in groups of more than 10, and restrictions keep coming. We suspect that many churches will close in the near future, but the decision will not been easy.

In St. Louis, the mayor hosted a teleconference with 300 clergy, including many of black churches, to urge them not to hold services. While some chose to stop meetings and modify their ministries, others struggled to make the change.

In Michigan, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer banned gatherings of more than 50 but then exempted churches from penalties. This will give some churches more options, though many are choosing to modify in some way. Triumph Church, which has seven locations in the Detroit area, will continue to gather in person, for now, though it expanded the number of services to reduce congregation size and is asking members to register ahead of time so it can maintain at least six feet between worshippers. It is also providing an online service and a drive-in service.

A lot of things inform these responses to the coronavirus outbreak: culture, histories of discrimination, and marginalization, as well as faith-based values. People experience events like COVID-19 not only as individuals but also in communities and in the social locations we inhabit. As social scientists—Deidra as a black woman doing research on HPV and Elaine as a white woman who studies how religious organizations respond to science—we offer some observations based on our research for the past 10 years at the Religion and Public Life Program at Rice University. We have been gathering upwards of 150 religious and civic leaders regularly to talk about how we can use social science research on religion to build common ground for the common good.

Drop the white victimhood lady. There are black mega churches. And apparently blacks in Florida aren't holding services in churches. And its always funny when a republican like you suddenly gets so concerned about blacks only after somebody white gets arrested for something that you can't see blacks getting arrested for.

Nobody black will be calling COVID19 a racist disease. But that's how you racists see black people. Normal non racist whites would not make that kind of comment.

Black churches need to close just like everybody else. But what you really need to do Sue is work on ending the racism in the white community that has you posting this instead of whining "what about black pastors, why don't they get arrested."

They are already starting in on the racism absolutely. Of course it's racism and not the fact that Blacks in Detroit are still congregating in family groups; still going to church in groups.

Although Detroit has the highest concentration of cases, several suburbs that surround the city have low rates of coronavirus including Dearborn, Allen Park and Grosse Pointe Park.

All are predominantly white.

Tlaib said “it is very clear that structural racism is showing its ugly face during this global pandemic.”

“It is communities of color, especially the African-American community in my district, that you see getting directly impacted,” she said.

Dr. Abdul El-Sayed, an epidemiologist, said even if it was made public, existing data on coronavirus may not illustrate the full effect in communities of color.

“We're testing only people who come in with severe disease,” said El-Sayed, the former health director of the City of Detroit who ran for governor in 2018 as a Democrat.

“Frankly, I think that we would be very much underestimating the burden that this disease has in low-income communities and communities of color.”
I'm black sue, please stop trying to tell me what blacks are thinking. Funny how you are on this but you run from the reality of white racist American public policy. COVID19 will hit the black community hard due to the scarcity of medical facilities in that community, low incomes and the inability to afford health insurance. And that is due to racism. So like I said, you don't want to discuss white racist American public policy, but you want to run your mouth about some black churches in Detroit.
Everyone knows what blacks are thinking. You guys cant stop talking about racism.
That's because you guys can't stop being racists.

Blah blah blah racism.

It's all you clowns have. Nobody gives a shit about your identity politics.
Given that whites invented identity politics and still practice it, your psychosis is noted.

If you hate whitey so much why are you living in a predominantly white country? There's a whole goddamn continent full of your brethren. Go there. Otherwise shut the fuck up.

LOL! Same old dumb shit from a different white racist asshole. I was born here, so I will live here. I have a constitutional right to air my grievance. If you don't like that, there's a whole continent full of your brethren. Go there. Otherwise shut the fuck up.

"Look at me, I'm a victim!!"

^That's literally all your diatribes are. You're pathetic.

Nah, that's not it fragile boy. I descend from people who have endured what your punk ass never could. So what you need to do softie is go into your community and rid it of the insecurity and victim mentality that allows white racism to continue.

Your supposed endurance clearly hasn't morphed into any form of achievement or ambition, because here you are demanding "do this for me whitey" - typical African American behavior. I don't need to do shit. And your infantile rants aren't going to make me do shit. But feel free to keep screaming "gibs me dat!!" while society passes you by like the little fucking leech you are.

As we all recall, black folk were brought here by your so called founders to build a nation for the euros. In other words, black folk would not have been here if whites didn't need them to do everything. Whites were given centuries of free labor and pussy, which they really really liked a lot.

You are Europe's caste offs, descended from a lot that could not cut it there.

Look at you know, faced with your own version of smallpox laden blankets and bibles. No immunity? Too bad. Manifest destiny come full circle, home to roost.

And yet, AMAZINGLY, White Leftist Shamers on USMB are silent about it and we don't see any Black Pastors being arrested on television. We have fat crocodile tears about the "mega churches". (Black churches are never "mega churches" for some reason.)

When deciding to close the doors of black churches, congregational leaders across the US wrestle with unique considerations. Paul J. James, pastor of CareView Community Church in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania, noted in an interview with The Undefeated how closing is “counterintuitive to most churches, especially the black church… where we’re just glad to get together because of how hard life has been historically for us here in America. Church has been a safe place for us. It’s been a safe harbor. Now here we are faced with the inability to come together.”

Last week, the federal government strongly urged Americans not to gather in groups of more than 10, and restrictions keep coming. We suspect that many churches will close in the near future, but the decision will not been easy.

In St. Louis, the mayor hosted a teleconference with 300 clergy, including many of black churches, to urge them not to hold services. While some chose to stop meetings and modify their ministries, others struggled to make the change.

In Michigan, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer banned gatherings of more than 50 but then exempted churches from penalties. This will give some churches more options, though many are choosing to modify in some way. Triumph Church, which has seven locations in the Detroit area, will continue to gather in person, for now, though it expanded the number of services to reduce congregation size and is asking members to register ahead of time so it can maintain at least six feet between worshippers. It is also providing an online service and a drive-in service.

A lot of things inform these responses to the coronavirus outbreak: culture, histories of discrimination, and marginalization, as well as faith-based values. People experience events like COVID-19 not only as individuals but also in communities and in the social locations we inhabit. As social scientists—Deidra as a black woman doing research on HPV and Elaine as a white woman who studies how religious organizations respond to science—we offer some observations based on our research for the past 10 years at the Religion and Public Life Program at Rice University. We have been gathering upwards of 150 religious and civic leaders regularly to talk about how we can use social science research on religion to build common ground for the common good.

Drop the white victimhood lady. There are black mega churches. And apparently blacks in Florida aren't holding services in churches. And its always funny when a republican like you suddenly gets so concerned about blacks only after somebody white gets arrested for something that you can't see blacks getting arrested for.

Nobody black will be calling COVID19 a racist disease. But that's how you racists see black people. Normal non racist whites would not make that kind of comment.

Black churches need to close just like everybody else. But what you really need to do Sue is work on ending the racism in the white community that has you posting this instead of whining "what about black pastors, why don't they get arrested."

They are already starting in on the racism absolutely. Of course it's racism and not the fact that Blacks in Detroit are still congregating in family groups; still going to church in groups.

Although Detroit has the highest concentration of cases, several suburbs that surround the city have low rates of coronavirus including Dearborn, Allen Park and Grosse Pointe Park.

Tlaib said “it is very clear that structural racism is showing its ugly face during this global pandemic.”

“It is communities of color, especially the African-American community in my district, that you see getting directly impacted,” she said.

Dr. Abdul El-Sayed, an epidemiologist, said even if it was made public, existing data on coronavirus may not illustrate the full effect in communities of color.

“We're testing only people who come in with severe disease,” said El-Sayed, the former health director of the City of Detroit who ran for governor in 2018 as a Democrat.

“Frankly, I think that we would be very much underestimating the burden that this disease has in low-income communities and communities of color.”
I'm black sue, please stop trying to tell me what blacks are thinking. Funny how you are on this but you run from the reality of white racist American public policy. COVID19 will hit the black community hard due to the scarcity of medical facilities in that community, low incomes and the inability to afford health insurance. And that is due to racism. So like I said, you don't want to discuss white racist American public policy, but you want to run your mouth about some black churches in Detroit.
Everyone knows what blacks are thinking. You guys cant stop talking about racism.
“Everyone know what blacks are thinking,” huh?
Since when has the black community been quiet about what they are thinking?

Well since Trump was elected, we know that racist damn sure haven't been quiet about what they are thinking.
You know who did quiet down? Black Lives Matter. Their crappy little movement got shut down because those people sucked.

Did it?
Im not hearing a peep out of them anymore. They shut their stupid mouths after Obama left office.

Or could it be the number of innocent black folks being gunned down has dropped.
Like Trayvon Martin and 'Big Mike'? HAAAAAA HAAAAAA!
Or do you mean the all the fucking tree dwellers who are killing their neighbors over a fucking pair of running shoes in every fucking DEM shit hole inner city every fucking weekend?

School shooting galleries notwithstanding. Militarized police notwithstanding. Endless bogus illegal unconstitutional wars of aggression notwithstanding. Yeah, violence has nothing to do with america in general does it. Enjoy watching American society be hollowed out some more as your internal colonies expand. May the virus be with you and your society.

The black churches, white churches, mega churches should all show love for one another and temporarily shut down and use alternative methods, like Zoom, of other meeting apps.

This is real simple, if you love your fellow church goer, you will not participate in large groups.

Why must there still be ‘black’ churches and why does everyone have to accept that without question?

Why are there black churches? Could it be because black folks couldn't attend the white ones. Duh.

Don't hurt em with documented history like that Superbad. They want to live with amnesia in peace.
And who is stopping them now? No one. Just because blacks refuse to integrate doesn’t mean non-blacks are segregationist. You have it completely on the wrong foot.
What's stopping whites from attending black churches? Answer that one.
The same thing that stops any assimilated American regardless of skin color.

Wrong. You want to make it like blacks are the racists when everything about the black relationship with whites is due to our response to white racism. That's why black churches exist, it is why black organizations exist, etc. We did not create the exclusion, whites did. There is no assimilation into white culture, there is a creation of a multi cultural nation that is inclusive.
If it was still 1965 you’d have a point.
But just as with so many other issues, the messenger becomes bigger than the message and must perpetuate and amplify a mostly non-existent problem in order to justify their existence.

Why must there still be ‘black’ churches and why does everyone have to accept that without question?
Why are there still white churches and why does everyone have to accept that without question?
Name one ‘white’ church?
Where do you want me to start? Name a black church asshole. Name one church that say this is the black baptist church or the black catholic church, or the black Methodist church or the black Presbyterian church. Whites like you guys have claimed that Christianity is a white religion. That's was one of the things that provided the basis for slavery and segregation. White denominations refused to accept blacks so black formed our own churches, and that was because WHITES did not want us in their churches. So you can stop the revisionist history white chump. Grow up.
AME.
And why was the AME created? Amnesia is not going to be allowed here son.
Plantation days is long gone, massa’
Time to progress and get over your skin color.

Well since Trump was elected, we know that racist damn sure haven't been quiet about what they are thinking.
You know who did quiet down? Black Lives Matter. Their crappy little movement got shut down because those people sucked.

Did it?
Im not hearing a peep out of them anymore. They shut their stupid mouths after Obama left office.

Or could it be the number of innocent black folks being gunned down has dropped.
So they only wanted a few less shot? That sounds like a retarded movement.

While racist like you want more shot.
I want MANY criminals to be shot. I dont see how race is a factor.

When did innocent black folks become criminals.
Innocent people getting shot is incredibly rare. Mike Brown was not innocent.

No black person ever is, are they?
Its rare.

Did you actually just say that a black person being innocent is rare?

I hope that was just poorly thought out and that you only meant it's rare for an innocent black to be shot. Still not necessarily a great statement, but better than it's rare for a black person to be innocent.

Blah blah blah racism.

Given that whites invented identity politics and still practice it, your psychosis is noted.

If you hate whitey so much why are you living in a predominantly white country? There's a whole goddamn continent full of your brethren. Go there. Otherwise shut the fuck up.

LOL! Same old dumb shit from a different white racist asshole. I was born here, so I will live here. I have a constitutional right to air my grievance. If you don't like that, there's a whole continent full of your brethren. Go there. Otherwise shut the fuck up.

Nah, that's not it fragile boy. I descend from people who have endured what your punk ass never could. So what you need to do softie is go into your community and rid it of the insecurity and victim mentality that allows white racism to continue.

Your supposed endurance clearly hasn't morphed into any form of achievement or ambition, because here you are demanding "do this for me whitey" - typical African American behavior. I don't need to do shit. And your infantile rants aren't going to make me do shit. But feel free to keep screaming "gibs me dat!!" while society passes you by like the little fucking leech you are.

As we all recall, black folk were brought here by your so called founders to build a nation for the euros. In other words, black folk would not have been here if whites didn't need them to do everything. Whites were given centuries of free labor and pussy, which they really really liked a lot.

Look at you know, faced with your own version of smallpox laden blankets and bibles. No immunity? Too bad. Manifest destiny come full circle, home to roost.

I'm pretty sure the COVID-19 virus affects people of all races...

This is the last post in which I will address you. I agree that all of those are severe and lamentable issues and they will impact the community and COVID in Detroit and elsewhere. Due to poverty, lack of healthcare and the preponderance of health conditions in the black community such as COPD, high blood pressure, obesity and diabetes, it's going to be anywhere from difficult to devastating.

IT DOES NOT HELP when black people make the choice not to socially distance themselves in churches or in family gatherings.

That's it from me, I notice you are picking at me but ignore the actual racist comment in the thread. That's because I'm not actually a racist, which you know. So, I'm done.

You decided to bring race into an issue that had nothing to do with race.

Good riddance. I have stated that black churches need to close. I just find it ironic how you decided to post about black churches. Black churches are churches just like white churches, so any church that is still holding services should not be and is putting the people in their community in jeopardy. You're a hypocrite sue, that's why I am on you. You are a self righteous racist, homophobic, xenophobic, anti life piece of garbage that hides behind the bible to justify your bigotry. Then when you get called on it, you want to try gaslighting people again trying to use god. So understand this, all of us are capable of determining how god has thought on things because he gives us that power to seek and to question him. So me saying this virus is a punishment on people such as you for your unrepentant ways is based on the requirements taught in the bible itself.

So you better get right, because at this point you are a Pharisee and Pharisees are not in good standing with the lord. And that's according to the lord himself, not me.

"Black churches are churches just like white churches"

Apparently some don't seem to think so:

1585939086163.png

Blah blah blah racism.

Look at you now, faced with your own version of smallpox laden blankets and bibles. No immunity? Too bad. Manifest destiny come full circle, home to roost.

Please see if you can explain that to our fellow whites.

Taiwan. Right next door to China. 5 COVID-19 deaths, plenty of testing and PPE to go around for everyone.

S Korea and Japan, also exceptional societies in the face of this pandemic.

America? Third world shithole response. Feckless. Impotent. Utterly either unable or unwilling to prevent preventable deaths while attempting to save a predatory economic system.

Blah blah blah racism.

Who's whining now, Europe beckons.

I'll stick to the land my ancestors conquered and bequeathed to me. Thanks.
Your ancestors immigrated from Europe. They didn't conquer anything. Unless you call genocide conquering. My ancestors built this country while your lazy ass ancestors sat ion their ass. Besides the Native Americans gave your ancestors permission to be here and until they tell me I have to leave, no white man can say shit. Therefore I will retain my right to air my grievance pertaining to white racism and you will accept my freedom to do so.

I don't have to accept shit. And your revisionist historical bullshit only exists in your head. The USA was founded and conquered by Europeans. Deal with it.

Until the constitution says differently, you will accept my right to air my grievance against whites racists. Documented historical fact cannot be revised. Europeans attempted genocide in order to gain a numerical majority in this country. Deal with it.

You clearly don't understand the Constitution. You are free to whine about whatever you like. I am free to disregard it. Ergo, you cannot force me to accept anything. Moron.

But you're right about Europeans. We conquered us the shit out of some natives. :113:
I understand the law better than you do. You murdered natives, you did not conquer them. That's why Native American nations still exist in this one.

"Murder" is part of conquest, moron. Why do you think Mexico speaks Spanish?

You really are a tool.
LOL! Murder is against the ten commandments that are the constitution of the very religion this thread was started about. You really are stump stupid.

Where did I say it wasn't, brainlet? The fuck is wrong with you...
You are here bragging about a conquest that didn't happen and claim that murder is part of it. But you see, there was an agreement made and the native Americans still have their own nations within the boundaries of this one and receive federal money every year which are reparations in perpetuity. You didn't conquer anyone.

Every history book in any library in this country says you're wrong. How does it feel to be such a moron?

Did it?

Its rare.

No it's not.
Sure it is. How many black people are in the US and how many innocent ones are killed by cops? Do the math.

Let's see, there are 30 categories of crime listed by the DOJ in it's annual Uniform Crime Report. Every year whites lead in 27. Every year whites are arrested at almost 3 times the rate of blacks. In the history of this country, whites have murdered millions of people just in America. Math is not your friend white ---. So I suggest you stop asking dumb questions and making dumb racist comments.
Why are whites only arrested 3 times the rate of blacks, when they are almost 6 times the size of the black population?

IM2 doesn't understand things like percentages and ratios. The fact that every metric reported on the human condition is always reported as "X per 100,000" is just a big racist conspiracy to make black folks look bad, dontcha know...

Blah blah blah racism.

The ignorance on this thread is off the charts.

Blah blah blah racism.

I wasn't aware the coronavirus only affected white people.

Tool.

Did it?

Its rare.

No it's not.
Sure it is. How many black people are in the US and how many innocent ones are killed by cops? Do the math.

Let's see, there are 30 categories of crime listed by the DOJ in it's annual Uniform Crime Report. Every year whites lead in 27. Every year whites are arrested at almost 3 times the rate of blacks. In the history of this country, whites have murdered millions of people just in America. Math is not your friend white ---. So I suggest you stop asking dumb questions and making dumb racist comments.
Why are whites only arrested 3 times the rate of blacks, when they are almost 6 times the size of the black population?

IM2 doesn't understand things like percentages and ratios. The fact that every metric reported on the human condition is always reported as "X per 100,000" is just a big racist conspiracy to make black folks look bad, dontcha know...
IM2 has to use his toes to count past 10.

Blah blah blah racism.

You're an asshole, but we'll still let you use our language and our inventions. Cheerio.

Blah blah blah racism.

A society needs to run by some semblance of rules. Take care of yourselves before you blame others. The fact is, without the Prog party going insane and both parties selling us out to foreigners, this would not have happened.

Blah blah blah racism.

You're an asshole, but we'll still let you use our language and our inventions. Cheerio.
Born and raised in the same county of southeast MO as Rush Limbaugh.

South Korea and the US had their first confirmed COVID-19 cases on the same day.

Enjoy the difference in response outcomes.

Blah blah blah racism.

A society needs to run by some semblance of rules. Take care of yourselves before you blame others. The fact is, without the Prog party going insane and both parties selling us out to foreigners, this would not have happened.
We are where we are via the "rules". Your capitalists sold you out bipartisanly, yes.

How's that curve going? Any inflection point yet? Many yet to die for "progress".

Blah blah blah racism.

We are where we are via the "rules". Your capitalists sold you out bipartisanly, yes.

How's that curve going? Any inflection point yet? Many yet to die for "progress".
What does my capitalists mean? Do you eat or know someone who eats at Mickee Dees? Study how the people in the Soviet Union lived.

Blah blah blah racism.

What does my capitalists mean? Do you eat or know someone who eats at Mickee Dees? Study how the people in the Soviet Union lived.
It's arrived, see your empty shelves and socialist bailouts to keep your economic system afloat.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back