Black Comedian, Dave Chappelle, defends Trump, attacks hilary....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yeah.....this is something you don't see every day....a Comedian who actually sees the truth....

Dave Chappelle Defends Trump, Rips Clinton: ā€˜Sheā€™s Not Right and We All Know Itā€™

Chappelle further shocked the New York crowd by defending Trump. He took issue with the media stating as fact that Trump had admitted committing sexual assault in the recorded conversation. ā€œSexual assault? It wasnā€™t. He said, ā€˜And when youā€™re a star, they let you do it.ā€™ That phrase implies consent. I just donā€™t like the way the media twisted that whole thing. Nobody questioned it.ā€

The comedian stated that Trumpā€™s resilience in the face of the leak had impressed him. Comparing Trump to The Terminator, Chappelle said, ā€œThat would have devastated anybody else.ā€ Chappelle added that Trumpā€™s handling of the debate immediately following the controversy had won him over. Referring to Anderson Cooper and Martha Raddatzā€™s hostile questioning, he said, ā€œSomething about this was backward. A gay white man and a white woman asking a multi-billionaire how he knows the system is rigged and insisting itā€™s not. Does that sound right to you? It didnā€™t seem right to me.

The really great comedians rarely give their political opinions, and when they do one side or the other shits all over them for it. HappyJoy created a thread recently about Louis C.K. saying he was voting for Hillary. People couldn't even attack his support of Hillary. They went straight to attacking his extremely successful career by calling him "not funny". Comedians really can't win unless what they say is on stage.

The really great comedians rarely give their political opinions, and when they do one side or the other shits all over them for it. HappyJoy created a thread recently about Louis C.K. saying he was voting for Hillary. People couldn't even attack his support of Hillary. They went straight to attacking his extremely successful career by calling him "not funny". Comedians really can't win unless what they say is on stage.

Yeah, I noticed that too about the Louis C.K. thread.

With Chappelle, he could endorse Trump if he wanted to, doesn't change the fact that he's funny.

Then again, in all fairness I could shit on Dennis Miller all day.

So I go to YouTube and search for the video of this, click on the first video on the list...and the commercial is Obama ordering me to go vote! " Voting is the most important thing you'll ever do in your life. Go Vote!" was the gist of it.

The channel hosting the video is directed to black audiences...so I'm guessing that's why he was using such a gruff, authoritative tone.

This POS is beginning to come unhinged. Perhaps those stories about low black voter turn out are true...

Dennis Miller really isn't funny.

That's why he hasn't had a steady gig since SNL. Chappelle or C.K. mention Trump's name and they're on the first page of the newspaper.

Yep. Some people can do political comedy and some can't. Miller was funny and then it was like the more disgusted he became with his interpretation of politics the less funny he became. It became more like snide commentary.

CK and Chapelle can't come close to the genius of Carlin. Of course, nobody can come close to Carlin. Chapelle is tweaked about the headline tho......
Dave Chapelle Upset at The Observer Over Hillary Clinton & Donald Trump Jokes | BSO

That's why he hasn't had a steady gig since SNL. Chappelle or C.K. mention Trump's name and they're on the first page of the newspaper.

Yep. Some people can do political comedy and some can't. Miller was funny and then it was like the more disgusted he became with his interpretation of politics the less funny he became. It became more like snide commentary.

CK and Chapelle can't come close to the genius of Carlin. Of course, nobody can come close to Carlin. Chapelle is tweaked about the headline tho......
Dave Chapelle Upset at The Observer Over Hillary Clinton & Donald Trump Jokes | BSO

I disagree with the Carlin comparison only because both CK and Chappelle are easily on Carlin's level of funny, but aren't known for their political humor. CK wrote some email to his fans about Trump, and people went batshit over it. It sounds as if Chappelle did nothing more than make a one-off joke about the elections, and people are reading too far into it.

I disagree with the Carlin comparison only because both CK and Chappelle are easily on Carlin's level of funny, but aren't known for their political humor. CK wrote some email to his fans about Trump, and people went batshit over it. It sounds as if Chappelle did nothing more than make a one-off joke about the elections, and people are reading too far into it.

I'm ok with that. Humor is subjective. It's not that they aren't intelligent enough. There are just very few comedians I can watch from the beginning to the end and consider them to be funny as it is. Political humor is really hard to pull of. I was never really impressed with Chapelle's Howard Dean......after the first time. Chris Rock on the other hand is funny as hell. Dana Carvey is as well.

I agree they went too far.

Yeah.....this is something you don't see every day....a Comedian who actually sees the truth....

Dave Chappelle Defends Trump, Rips Clinton: ā€˜Sheā€™s Not Right and We All Know Itā€™

Chappelle further shocked the New York crowd by defending Trump. He took issue with the media stating as fact that Trump had admitted committing sexual assault in the recorded conversation. ā€œSexual assault? It wasnā€™t. He said, ā€˜And when youā€™re a star, they let you do it.ā€™ That phrase implies consent. I just donā€™t like the way the media twisted that whole thing. Nobody questioned it.ā€

The comedian stated that Trumpā€™s resilience in the face of the leak had impressed him. Comparing Trump to The Terminator, Chappelle said, ā€œThat would have devastated anybody else.ā€ Chappelle added that Trumpā€™s handling of the debate immediately following the controversy had won him over. Referring to Anderson Cooper and Martha Raddatzā€™s hostile questioning, he said, ā€œSomething about this was backward. A gay white man and a white woman asking a multi-billionaire how he knows the system is rigged and insisting itā€™s not. Does that sound right to you? It didnā€™t seem right to me.

Not that I give much credence to celebrity endorsements, but good for him to be able to see through the hype.

Not that I give much credence to celebrity endorsements, but good for him to be able to see through the hype.
Chappelle voted for Hill Da Beast... He's just doesn't have a clear concious about doing so. And he was right, Trump didn't imply anything more than a lot of women's consent is easily obtained simply by being a celebrity.

I was a local celebrity in my youth, and yeah... Women tend to give it up easy to men they perceive as 'powerful'.

That's just how it is, and will always be.

Forum List

Back