black army man shot by cops

Clearly ... for people who are looking at this case realistically .... it was their ONLY option.

Forgive me. You have to understand I am NOT anti-cop. Anything but that. Nor am I pro-criminal. And I'm not referring to this one case but policing in general. We need better cops paid more with more tools and broader training. The idea is not to get shot, but to be able to recognize the state of the person you are dealing with and find and know how to deploy non-lethal alternatives when those choices are available and reasonably present themselves.

Have you ever been hit by a bean bag round or three? I promise if the first one didn't incapacitate him the second or third would. Are you sure you know what you're talking about?
Are you willing to use a bean bag gun in a fire fight?

wife called the cops on this duded he was runninhg round nuts with a gun not complying with police and they shiot him . got the gun away and he diedl. justified you ak me. course the black family is going statt Another blm burn session. here we go again
The lesson here is don’t confront police with a gun in your hand.

Forgive me. You have to understand I am NOT anti-cop. Anything but that. Nor am I pro-criminal. And I'm not referring to this one case but policing in general. We need better cops paid more with more tools and broader training. The idea is not to get shot, but to be able to recognize the state of the person you are dealing with and find and know how to deploy non-lethal alternatives when those choices are available and reasonably present themselves.
I hear what you are saying.

But, you have to approach that on a case by case bases.

Clearly in this case the only option other than being shot is to have shot first.

But, you have to approach that on a case by case bases.
ABSOLUTELY.

Clearly in this case the only option other than being shot is to have shot first.
Probably. I didn't watch the video and was not there so I can't say what might have been done in THIS case. But if this guy was suffering major PTSD then he should have been seeing a counselor for it and that person should have been called first who should have then handled the call to police.

ABSOLUTELY.

Probably. I didn't watch the video and was not there so I can't say what might have been done in THIS case. But if this guy was suffering major PTSD then he should have been seeing a counselor for it and that person should have been called first who should have then handled the call to police.
There was no other option in this case.

It's a wonder the LEO's weren't shot in this case.

And, how do you know this guy wasn't seeing a counselor?

The wife called the police when he said he was leaving the house with his gun.

She may have saved an innocent person's life by doing so.

There was no other option in this case. It's a wonder the LEO's weren't shot in this case.
I'll take your word for it.

And, how do you know this guy wasn't seeing a counselor?
I don't. Come to think of it, many of the counselors out there these days aren't particularly competent either, especially if they are paid through the VA, Medicaid or Medicare. They all seem to have gotten their degrees from Comedy College.

Have you ever been hit by a bean bag round or three? I promise if the first one didn't incapacitate him the second or third would. Are you sure you know what you're talking about?
If it worked, police would already be doing it. You don't some secret that no one else has figured out.

There are multiple less than lethal options that can be used. You are expecting cops to act like professionals rather than gangsters though.
are you a cop? l talked tro one this is justified force. he listen to the cops he would still be here.

I think CDC will soon pass another of their laws that families must retain counselors so police don’t have to do these things

I'll take your word for it.

I don't. Come to think of it, many of the counselors out there these days aren't particularly competent either, especially if they are paid through the VA, Medicaid or Medicare. They all seem to have gotten their degrees from Comedy College.
Yep ....

VA has a long reputation of letting out Veterans down.

Shame. You have to be an idiot to call the police for help with a mentally issued family person running around with a gun! Now they are referring the matter to the AG.

Had they just shot him in the gut and taken him to the hospital to recover and get help, they wouldn't be having that problem.

There is no such thing as "shoot to incapacitate" that is just bullshit in the movies.

Anyone who has ever actually been a police officer or the military knows this. Even the very idea of it is so unrealistic that even an everyday person should know when you're in the shit the whole "I'll wound him" is almost impossible and highly improbable.

wife called the cops on this duded he was runninhg round nuts with a gun not complying with police and they shiot him . got the gun away and he diedl. justified you ak me. course the black family is going statt Another blm burn session. here we go again
More White people are killed by cops than Black so apparent they do respond differently also the white community at large responds differently to police shootings.

Forum List

Back