Bison Meat

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Does anyone know where I can buy bison meat near Denison or Sherman, Texas?

No. Well, I could but I don't have time. My dad is being treated for throat cancer. So, according to the doctor he has 3 weeks total before it hurts too much to swallow and he has decided that he will go ahead and get a feeding tube. He has had 2 weeks treatment. He can't eat cow either. He has heart problems so the only thing lean enough that he can eat is the bison besides chicken etc.

I'm going down today and I figured that I could do the next 3 holidays in the next 24 hours. Show up with Halloween candy, make some type of chicken and stuffing and Thanksgiving-ish stuff tonight and then do some type of Christmas dinner for lunch which of course would be the bison.

No. Well, I could but I don't have time. My dad is being treated for throat cancer. So, according to the doctor he has 3 weeks total before it hurts too much to swallow and he has decided that he will go ahead and get a feeding tube. He has had 2 weeks treatment. He can't eat cow either. He has heart problems so the only thing lean enough that he can eat is the bison besides chicken etc.

I'm going down today and I figured that I could do the next 3 holidays in the next 24 hours. Show up with Halloween candy, make some type of chicken and stuffing and Thanksgiving-ish stuff tonight and then do some type of Christmas dinner for lunch which of course would be the bison.

Look at a Safeway Store ,they have ground bison at ours.

I have not seen a Safeway store since 1988...

..I bought a very expensive bison steak and I wasn't impressed.....it was my knowledge you are not supposed to marinate bison meat?

They're all over the place in the west.

They're all over the place in the west.
Well he is in Texas so he can chose. I just go to Ruby's on the border of Mizzouri and Arkanass to get Bison steaks and ground beef...They raise it right behind the store.

..I bought a very expensive bison steak and I wasn't impressed.....it was my knowledge you are not supposed to marinate bison meat?

That's correct only salt and pepper with a little bit of cooking oil spread on them.
You bake it at 350° for 10 min. on each side.

That's correct only salt and pepper with a little bit of cooking oil spread on them.
salt right before cooking or long time? I grilled it..is baking better?

salt right before cooking or long time? I grilled it..is baking better?

Grilling is exactly why it was so tough. :)
Can't grill bison it's too lean, so high heat dry's it quickly.

Forum List

Back