Zone1 Birth and moral ethical development....what they might mean?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I have a buddy.....doesn't consider himself an atheist, but denies God....the usual....God is not a good being, blah, blah, blah...

One of his points.......there is no life after death....cause no one has ever come back from the dead.........

There is no proof because no one has come back to tell us there is.....

My point to him....what if no one (excluding Jesus) has come back simply because it is a one way trip.....

Then it occurred to me there is another facet of life that is a one way trip.....birth.

You are born and you go forward, no going back, you never get younger.

So what if birth is the one way trip of becoming a physical being.............

And life is the one way trip to developing your moral/ethical side...........since many people wonder why we are here.....

Close, but no cigar....when a drug can turn an adult into a child, you might have a case........but a drug that simply stops you from suffering the effects of aging is different.......

And even then, that isn't the natural order............a manipulation isn't the same thing as someone spontaneously reverting back in age like Benjamin Button.....

Just a thought.

I have a buddy.....doesn't consider himself an atheist, but denies God....the usual....God is not a good being, blah, blah, blah...

One of his points.......there is no life after death....cause no one has ever come back from the dead.........

My point to him....what if no one (excluding Jesus) has come back simply because it is a one way trip.....

Then it occurred to me there is another facet of life that is a one way trip.....birth.

And life is the one way trip to developing your moral/ethical side...........since many people wonder why we are here.....
From the moment of conception we have already started dying from old age.
We will go through many stages of physical & mental development along the way but it is inevitable unless something else kills us first.
Knowing this, Christians & other religious people are generally living according to an optimistic outlook on life. Knowing there is an afterlife where the troubles of this world can touch us no more is comforting, life affirming & answers why we are here.
It also is a check on our worst impulses because we know a day of judgement awaits us.
Our glass is usually half full

Atheists generally have a pessimistic outlook. If there is no meaning or higher purpose, then everything we do is ultimately pointless because there is no grand scheme or purpose to our very existence.
This often leads to a nihilistic view & excuses all sorts evil behavior since nothing really matters & you might as well get yours now, since there is nothing to account for.
Their glass is half empty & they want to take what's in yours.

Yep! We are tested on our faith to be good and make the right choices. Some in the world never get to know Jesus Christ but as long as they know right from wrong with the light of Christ, that's what they are here for. If they know Jesus Christ, then it's a matter of developing more faith in Him and finding out what ordinances are required to show one's faith in Him. Also, we are here to receive a physical body so that we to can partake of the resurrection into eternal life. Unfortunately, many women sadly don't give their children these opportunities because of pride and selfishness.

Close, but no cigar....when a drug can turn an adult into a child, you might have a case........but a drug that simply stops you from suffering the effects of aging is different.......

And even then, that isn't the natural order............a manipulation isn't the same thing as someone spontaneously reverting back in age like Benjamin Button.....

Just a thought.
There is a jelly fish that actually does revert back to a younger version avoiding death. Perhaps that is something that we can figure out to do with our huge brains. I doubt it because most humans aren't as intelligent as a jelly fish starting with Joe Biden.

Forum List

Back