Biologist says white-tailed deer are CARNIVORES!!!

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
That's what this wacko scientist claims but she's female and thus an affirmative action hire so who knows how good she really is.. Wouldn't surprise me if she's illiterate.

White-tailed deer shown to raid nests eat eggs and baby birds USGS reports NOLA.com

March 6 2015
Seeing fewer quail on your hunting lease? Maybe it's time you stop pointing the finger at coyotes, raccoons and fire ants and place the blame on your murderous herd of white-tailed deer.

Believe it or not, researchers have discovered deer will raid the happy homes of ground-nesting birds and enjoy a nice breakfast of eggs or fledglings.

Pam Pietz, a wildlife biologist at the U.S. Geological Survey's Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center in North Dakota, set up miniature video cameras that ran 24 hours a day to document the fate of grassland songbird nests,according to the USGS.

She was surprised to find deer raided as many nests as badgers, and more than weasels or red foxes.

That's what this wacko scientist claims but she's female and thus an affirmative action hire so who knows how good she really is.. Wouldn't surprise me if she's illiterate.

White-tailed deer shown to raid nests eat eggs and baby birds USGS reports NOLA.com

March 6 2015
Seeing fewer quail on your hunting lease? Maybe it's time you stop pointing the finger at coyotes, raccoons and fire ants and place the blame on your murderous herd of white-tailed deer.

Believe it or not, researchers have discovered deer will raid the happy homes of ground-nesting birds and enjoy a nice breakfast of eggs or fledglings.

Pam Pietz, a wildlife biologist at the U.S. Geological Survey's Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center in North Dakota, set up miniature video cameras that ran 24 hours a day to document the fate of grassland songbird nests,according to the USGS.

She was surprised to find deer raided as many nests as badgers, and more than weasels or red foxes.

She didn't claim they were carnivores.

March 6 2015

She didn't claim they were carnivores.
If we don't get a grip on feral hogs we aren't going to have much of anything.

This is certainly an odd tie-in to affirmative action.

When a woman gets a science job you can bet she got it thru special treatment. They make ok social workers and english teachers but on a job that involves thinking, they can't cut it.

Cant say I've ever heard of that but it wouldnt surprise me.
Almost anything will eat eggs.
Eggzactly....

$_57.JPG

When a woman gets a science job you can bet she got it thru special treatment. They make ok social workers and english teachers but on a job that involves thinking, they can't cut it.

I'm far from a feminist supporter,in fact my wife calls me a pig on a regular basis.
But I promise you my wife is vastly smarter than you,or me for that matter.
I will say men generally have more common sense though.
No insult to women,just an observation.

New Topics

Forum List

Back