Billionaires tax may be DOA

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
At a press conference Wednesday, chair of the House Ways and Means Committee, said the proposal was “out of the Biden plan” after Manchin, whose support is crucial for Democrats to pass legislation in the evenly split Senate, told reporters he didn't like the billionaire tax.

Manchin suggested Democrats would ultimately agree on raising taxes more broadly, saying: "I believe we will end up where everyone's going to pay."

Billionaire Tax Dead On Arrival After Manchin Blasts Proposal Mere Hours After Its Release

1635365709767.png

At a press conference Wednesday, chair of the House Ways and Means Committee, said the proposal was “out of the Biden plan” after Manchin, whose support is crucial for Democrats to pass legislation in the evenly split Senate, told reporters he didn't like the billionaire tax.

Manchin suggested Democrats would ultimately agree on raising taxes more broadly, saying: "I believe we will end up where everyone's going to pay."

Billionaire Tax Dead On Arrival After Manchin Blasts Proposal Mere Hours After Its Release

View attachment 557068

Last I heard, Manchin and a couple other Democrats are also against Biden's plan to report to the IRS bank deposits of $600 or more.

Never though I'd cheer a Democrat, but Go Manchin. :banana:

Last I heard, Manchin and a couple other Democrats are also against Biden's plan to report to the IRS bank deposits of $600 or more.

Yep, although it won't be so funny when everyone is mandated to "do their fair share".

Yeah, just like the AMT which was suppose to stop billionaires from creating loopholes but instead was never tied to inflation so....millions of middle class got roped into paying higher taxes. And, of course congress just fiddled.

As it the norm the Dem party can't actually govern. :auiqs.jpg: No way Washington bites the hand that feeds them, billionaires were always safe. Except from Trump who wasn't bought and paid for, Trump actually taxed them.

As for the brain dead tone deaf IRS Gestapo snooping on peoples bank accounts that was always DOA. Manchin explained it to Biden and Biden agree, bad idea.

I don’t ever remember FDR recommending sending a damn penny to a human being. He gave ’em a job

.....the top 10% already pay MOST of income taxes --and then that is wasted on jackass lazy poor people that pay next to nothing or nothing in taxes -AND usually get $$$ paid to them!!!--and they want to tax the rich MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????? = idiots
taxes and the debt are the KILLERS of America
[ with the tax $$ going to lazy jackasses/Dems who don't even realize it is killing the US ]

It was all just political theater in the hopes that if they said tax the rich they would think all of us are just dumb country bumpkins and say "yeah you go on an tax Dem dere rich folks for us little guys!" And cheer them on that we would suddenly love them.

They never intended to tax rich people, rich people are the ones who donate millions to their campaigns. The intention as always is to tax the middle class.

Forum List

Back