Bill to cover pre-existing conditions, but insurers can refuse to cover PEC's

What will it do? Senate Republicans said their bill would amend federal law to guarantee the availability of health insurance to all Americans, including those with pre-existing conditions, regardless of the outcome in the federal lawsuit.

But there’s a catch: The legislation also would prevent insurers from increasing premiums due to pre-existing conditions. However, health experts note that the bill would allow insurers to exclude coverage of pre-existing conditions. Premiums could also vary based on age, gender, or occupation — all of which is currently prohibited under ObamaCare.

Backstory: A group of Republican state attorneys general, led by Texas, are attempting to have a court rule that ObamaCare is unconstitutional because of the elimination of the individual mandate penalty. The Trump administration is not defending the law, and has partly sided with the plaintiffs. If the states win, ObamaCare’s pre-existing condition protections will be struck down.

Overnight Health Care: GOP senators unveil pre-existing conditions bill | Ex-CDC head arrested on charges of groping woman | Nebraska to vote on Medicaid expansion
======================================

How wonderful , only the healthy will be covered, unless you work for a large company, but you had best hope you don't get canned or even try to start your own small business, if you have anything at all.

Also the ACA rates depend on , male, female, age and smoker, not occupation.
/----/ Do you think you should pay the same car insurance with your perfect driving record as a drunk with 15 DUIs and a ton of fender benders?

What will it do? Senate Republicans said their bill would amend federal law to guarantee the availability of health insurance to all Americans, including those with pre-existing conditions, regardless of the outcome in the federal lawsuit.

But there’s a catch: The legislation also would prevent insurers from increasing premiums due to pre-existing conditions. However, health experts note that the bill would allow insurers to exclude coverage of pre-existing conditions. Premiums could also vary based on age, gender, or occupation — all of which is currently prohibited under ObamaCare.

Backstory: A group of Republican state attorneys general, led by Texas, are attempting to have a court rule that ObamaCare is unconstitutional because of the elimination of the individual mandate penalty. The Trump administration is not defending the law, and has partly sided with the plaintiffs. If the states win, ObamaCare’s pre-existing condition protections will be struck down.

Overnight Health Care: GOP senators unveil pre-existing conditions bill | Ex-CDC head arrested on charges of groping woman | Nebraska to vote on Medicaid expansion
======================================

How wonderful , only the healthy will be covered, unless you work for a large company, but you had best hope you don't get canned or even try to start your own small business, if you have anything at all.

Also the ACA rates depend on , male, female, age and smoker, not occupation.

I see you do not have the faintest notion of what insurance is.

Please inform me then??
He can't. He comment proves it is he who doesn't understand what insurance is.

I just posted what insurance is. Take issue with it if you dare.

Where?? I seemed to miss it.

Jeez. #15

Please inform me then??

Jeez. #15

Thank you , its a law. So you seem to want ins companies in control. The BCBS CEO in MI made 17 million last year, but that is what we want, insurance companies to get filthy rich and not cover people except if healthy. I do not know how old you are, but either you are under your parents ins or old enough for medicare, or perhaps you have VA.

I agree , healthy people should have insurance and so should they when they get ill and they will.

Pinheadlope is the sort of mindless drone who adheres to cults of personality built up around the sorts of sociopaths who will try and argue about what the word "is" means.

These are pieces of shit who don't have the faintest notion of what commerce is, let alone the concept of paying for the cost of services and that people who work in the medical field do so in order to make a salary. They're not there to fix all your boo-boos and cure your fucking STD's for free. If any of them want to be government employees, it means they suck at their jobs, don't want to really do the work, and don't care if they remain beneath the lower class as long as the free money keeps them alive.

They'll always bitch about getting more money like a lot of teachers do, but don't expect better results.

Please inform me then??

Insurance is hedge against financial risk. It's a tool for people who have money and want to protect it from potential loss. It's not a social safety net. It's not a means for the poor to be able to "afford" something they otherwise can't. It's not a club you join to score free stuff.

Please inform me then??

Jeez. #15

Thank you , its a law. So you seem to want ins companies in control. The BCBS CEO in MI made 17 million last year, but that is what we want, insurance companies to get filthy rich and not cover people except if healthy. I do not know how old you are, but either you are under your parents ins or old enough for medicare, or perhaps you have VA.

I agree , healthy people should have insurance and so should they when they get ill and they will.

As I said, you don't have a clue as to the nature of insurance. You confuse it with government-enforced charity.

I agree, healthy people should have insurance and so should they when they get ill and they will.

The same old story. "I think people should ..." turns into "I think people should be forced to ..."

Jeez. #15

As I said, you don't have a clue as to the nature of insurance. You confuse it with government-enforced charity.

As I said, you have no clue what health insurance is or what the ACA is or should I say use to be.

So you seem to want ins companies in control.

I don't want anyone "in control". Insurance companies should be free to sell whatever kinds of policies people want to buy. People should be free to tell said insurance companies to piss off.

Forum List

Back