Bill O'Reilly a Liar Like Brian Williams?

• Banned
I'm sure we'll hear from Bill...
He already responded...The gay guy on CNN did a LONG story on it...read O'reilly's quote. He had guests on that refuted O'Reilly's comment. I didn't pay too close attention...I don't really care and I am sure we will find out all of those sons of bitches are liars and cheats who are egomaniacs.

I don't have television. Is this the quote from the radio show? Because that quote is out there heavily edited.

• Banned
I don't have television. Is this the quote from the radio show? Because that quote is out there heavily edited.
To be honest, I don't remember. I don't think it was from his radio show...I think it was a written quote...but I could be wrong. I can say, they had video of Bill making statements that contradicted his quote though.

It didn't seem to be that strong of an argument on the anti-Bill side...but like I said, I didn't pay very close attention. I figure the story will either blow up into a Williams type scandal or will die before week's end.

• Banned
I am sure the story is on CNN...Anderson Cooper and the black gay guy did a story on it.

He already responded...The gay guy on CNN did a LONG story on it...read O'reilly's quote. He had guests on that refuted O'Reilly's comment. I didn't pay too close attention...I don't really care and I am sure we will find out all of those sons of bitches are liars and cheats who are egomaniacs.

What I don't understand is the predisposition of media elites who don't appear to be content with having made it to the top of their profession but have to *cough* embellish the shit out of what they have done in their lives.

Williams for example. He made it to number one. But it still wasn't good enough it appears and he had to fabricate fairy tales.

I just don't get it.

What I don't understand is the predisposition of media elites who don't appear to be content with having made it to the top of their profession but have to *cough* embellish the shit out of what they have done in their lives.

Williams for example. He made it to number one. But it still wasn't good enough it appears and he had to fabricate fairy tales.

I just don't get it.
Egomaniacs. It is akin to embellishing a resume...I guess. But you are right...top of their game...and they are nothing but liars. I guess bill didn't want to put his stint on Entertainment Tonight on his resume...instead he made up some BS.

The difference though is that Bill O'Reilly is not a journalist. He should be held as accountable as Jon Stewart would be if he lied.
Bill thinks he is a journalist though. either way...it is about integrity for me. Brian Williams had none. Perhaps Bill has none either.

I am trying not to assume the article is true...some sources I simply don't trust until verified.

The difference though is that Bill O'Reilly is not a journalist. He should be held as accountable as Jon Stewart would be if he lied.
Bill thinks he is a journalist though. either way...it is about integrity for me. Brian Williams had none. Perhaps Bill has none either.
Yes but Brian Williams violated the trust of millions in a completely unforgivable manner. I don't think O'Reilly's viewers have those kinds of expectations. Just like I don't get shocked when Al Sharpton or Rachel Maddow say things that are clearly nonsense.

Yes but Brian Williams violated the trust of millions in a completely unforgivable manner. I don't think O'Reilly's viewers have those kinds of expectations. Just like I don't get shocked when Al Sharpton or Rachel Maddow say things that are clearly nonsense.
Good point.

Just an FYI. O'Reilly actually started out as a reporter. And a damn good one for CBS according to all accounts.

Just an FYI. O'Reilly actually started out as a reporter. And a damn good one for CBS according to all accounts.
What was it reporter...ET...then he went back to school and re-emerged at Fox?

BTW - no such thing as a good reporter...maybe good work ethic, but reporters are a dime a dozen.

Well if he was ever worth a damn the old O'Reilly would slap the current one across the face for choosing to be a shill rather than respecting the duty he has to his followers. :cool:

Forum List

Back