Bill Moyers R.I.P.

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Bill Moyers Journal
Bill Moyers Journal . Transcripts | PBS

On that point: as you know, the Journal will be coming to an end on April 30th, but not our website. We will stay in touch even after we're off the air. And you can check in with us at pbs.org/moyers and through our podcasts, Facebook, YouTube and, yes, Twitter. In turn, we can check in with you. Just remember, as the late novelist Saul Bellow once told me, no one will be heard in the future who does not speak in short bursts of truth. We're trying, Saul; we're trying.

I'm Bill Moyers, and I'll see you next time.

:(

Oh thank God. This travesty of 'journalism' finally leaves the airwaves 20 years too late. You know, I'd have respected him a lot more if he'd just been honest:

"Hi, I'm Bill Moyers and I'm so leftist I make Castro think I may be going too far."

At least that, I can respect... not this fake 'I'm an impartial journalist who neeeeeever shades the truth to match my politics.'

Hell even Jakob Riis didn't try that. He was always a reformer.

Last edited:
Oh thank God. This travesty of 'journalism' finally leaves the airwaves 20 years too late. You know, I'd have respected him a lot more if he'd just been honest:

"Hi, I'm Bill Moyers and I'm so leftist I make Castro think I may be going too far."

At least that, I can respect... not this fake 'I'm an impartial journalist who neeeeeever shades the truth to match my politics.'

Respect? Jakob Riis showed comfortable New Yorkers how the other half lived. Bill Moyers could have easily chosen to be a very comfortable 'New Yorker'...

Instead Bill Moyers spoke truth to power.

I find it difficult to respect a bus driver who shills for the oligarchy...

Oh thank God.

That's always such a nice thing to say when someone dies.

Good one, buddy. :thup:

ipod1letsrock8.jpg

We're all a little freer now that Moyers has joined Cronkite under Satan's ass in the 9th Circle of the Inferno

We're all a little freer now that Moyers has joined Cronkite under Satan's ass in the 9th Circle of the Inferno

Sorry to disappoint you scum bag, but Bill Moyers didn't die.

Please explain to me again how your hatred of Americans is patriotism and al Qaeda's hatred of Americans is evil?

Please explain to me again how your hatred of Americans is patriotism and al Qaeda's hatred of Americans is evil?

Moyers' show has a liberal slant, and he'd be the first one to admit that, but where---where do people refute any facts he's ever laid out? Where do people attack the truth of his claims?

Does Moyers ever apologize iof he makes an error? How many times has it been proven that Moyers was wrong?

Bill Moyers is a national treasure, and he didn't die---his show is going off the air.

Respect? Jakob Riis showed comfortable New Yorkers how the other half lived. Bill Moyers could have easily chosen to be a very comfortable 'New Yorker'...

Instead Bill Moyers spoke truth to power.

I find it difficult to respect a bus driver who shills for the oligarchy...
Right. a reformer. He didn't try to hide the fact he had a view point and manipulate people by making them aware to a great evil in society. Moyers always hid the fact he was a leftist and did his best to manipulate from secret with choice questions and convenient lapses of important issues to edit and massage the news for the masses to give a certain political point. Good/evil versus politics. Yeah, I can see the equivalency. :rolleyes: Much like the networks used to get away with, till the alternative media has gone into ascendency and people began abandoning them en masse. It's not enough yet, but it'll get there soon at this rate before the power of the state controlled media (ABC/NBC/CBS/CNN/MSNBC/NYTimes et all) match their minority following. But with it PBS, it just took longer to cut out this cancer of Bill Moyers in journalism.

Let the healing begin.

Last edited:

Moyers was a lying scumbag, fuck him. The whole LMSM has a place in the 9th Circle under Satan's ass.

Good riddance. He survived off of tax dollars for far too long.

Not one effort to paost any proof that Moyers did anything underhanded in his reporting.

This is how they roll , just call him a liar and repete it until you forget you are lying to yourself.

I will never understand how people think they can make good decisions based on self deception.

Moyers crafted LBJ's Atomic Bomb ad...again, if he's not dead yet, fuck him and then he can die

I will never understand how people think they can make good decisions based on self deception.

You apparently think you can - so why don't you explain how you do it.

Not one effort to paost any proof that Moyers did anything underhanded in his reporting.

This is how they roll , just call him a liar and repete it until you forget you are lying to yourself.

I look forward to your loving praise of Rush Limbaugh when he passes or at least retires.

Forum List

Back