Bill making it a felony to protest against pipelines or other fossil fuel projects

West Virginia Legislation Would Make Civil Disobedience Against Gas Pipelines a Felony

Big oil spending money to buy politicians to avoid being held responsible.

Any WV politicians that vote for this legislation should be removed next election (or sooner).
No one is going to jail for speaking their mind. What you cant do is fuck with pipelines by chaining yourself to their equipment, blocking their vehicles from coming and going, and otherwise shutting down their business. You deserve jail time if you do that shit.

Felony convictions for civil disobedience? Sounds like fascism to me.

Felony convictions for civil disobedience against a corporatocracy, specifically.

Isn't civil disobedience technically against government, or at least government policies?

This is about vandalizing private property, or preventing workers from performing their duties.
...and making sure the trains run on time.

Nice attempted fascist reference.

No go back to your hole, or make an actual point.

West Virginia Legislation Would Make Civil Disobedience Against Gas Pipelines a Felony

Any WV politicians that vote for this legislation should be removed next election (or sooner).
The bill doesn't stop protest. Its to stop direct interference with the building of pipelines.

HB 4615 Text
A BILL to amend the Code of West Virginia1931, as amended, by adding thereto a new section, designated §61-10-34, relating to establishing the West Virginia Critical Infrastructure Protection Act; defining terms; creating a criminal offense of trespass upon property containing a critical infrastructure facility, upon property containing a critical infrastructure facility with intent to interrupt the lawful operations of the facility; and for causing willful damage to a critical infrastructure facility; establishing criminal offense of conspiracy to commit trespass; establishing criminal penalties; providing for civil liability.

To the owner's business? they sure as hell don't have the same "rights" when it comes to the business.

I get it, you think corporations are out to get you. It's nice to have a boogeyman with no teeth in your nightmares.
We have a pipeline on our property. It was put there through illegal means. We own a patent deed one of these big companies desired to have control over; enough so they broke a couple of little nobody's with everything they could possibly throw at us and then some. A boogeyman? Call it what you wish but the truth cannot be hidden when it comes to how corrupt they are. Also, I don't have nightmares but I'd almost bet those who participated in what was done to us do.

Was the pipeline there before you bought the property?
Yes it was and it was put in through illegal measures. I do not take issue with a pipeline being there. I take issue with the crookery they used to coverup and what they did in their efforts to bury us and steal what rightfully belongs to me. I take issue with their fraud, their bully actions, their theft of personal property, their extortion efforts, their counterfeiting of documents, their fraud upon the courts and their attempt to forego proper payments, etc... for using the land that Rod and I legally own. Who wouldn't? You call it a "boogeyman with no teeth" when in fact they believe that illegal acts are rightfully theirs to commit as they see fit. I said, we need pipelines. What we do not need is the massive abuse that they so willingly perpetrate to get their way. I have no issues with anyone who is rich but I do have and take issue with anyone who used theft, fraud, illegal measures, unethical acts, power over other peoples finances for the sake of power to do as they please and deception to get it. I also take issue with irresponsible companies who fail to meet their environmental obligations like trying to keep pipelines raking in money for them beyond the safe life of the said pipes installed.

If they are unwilling to replace worn out pipelines at the end stage of the life of the pipes they do not need them and should not have them. Koch brothers, Excel or whoever else needs to be held fully accountable for not taking full responsible and reasonable efforts to insure leaks and spills are not happening. Just selling your liability to some poor unknowable fool willing to invest in those old lines when it reaches the end of its lifespan should be illegal.

America's Dangerous Pipelines

So did you know it was there when you bought the property?
Never gave it a thought until we tried to find out why they pulled so many illegal acts against us. Hadn't even had the land fully surveyed at the point we bought it all. Didn't have a clue and truthfully would have never even looked at it all if they had not done what they did. Thing is though I own that pipeline if you get down to the legalities of it all because it is a patent deed. I didn't know it was a patent deed when we bought it either. Again, wouldn't have given it all a second thought if they had not did what they did. Didn't have time to as we were busy working on building a small mom and pop mine operation (not an easy task if you have any knowledge of that field). Yet since we do own it by law and patent deed I am pretty sure they owe us a heck of a good chunk from the use of our property for the last twenty plus years which they haven't paid for and reparations for their unlawful acts against us, all the personal property damage and stolen, loss of business through their business interference, etc. etc...

Think about it the average person really does not have time for all the bullshit tossed out there as they are busy working and living. By the time you learn about these things you are so buried in bullshit and lies its pretty tough to deal with it all. Crooks and thugs depend on that from what I've seen.

Then why haven't you won the case is everything is so clear cut?

No one is going to jail for speaking their mind. What you cant do is fuck with pipelines by chaining yourself to their equipment, blocking their vehicles from coming and going, and otherwise shutting down their business. You deserve jail time if you do that shit.

Felony convictions for civil disobedience against a corporatocracy, specifically.

Isn't civil disobedience technically against government, or at least government policies?

This is about vandalizing private property, or preventing workers from performing their duties.

Hey, I made the same point first. But that's just stating the obvious.

I was gonna go with citing a generic company called "I.G. Farben" but wasn't sure who would get that.
Those who ignore history, etc....

I was gonna go with citing a generic company called "I.G. Farben" but wasn't sure who would get that.

Wow, going Godwin....

We have a pipeline on our property. It was put there through illegal means. We own a patent deed one of these big companies desired to have control over; enough so they broke a couple of little nobody's with everything they could possibly throw at us and then some. A boogeyman? Call it what you wish but the truth cannot be hidden when it comes to how corrupt they are. Also, I don't have nightmares but I'd almost bet those who participated in what was done to us do.

Yes it was and it was put in through illegal measures. I do not take issue with a pipeline being there. I take issue with the crookery they used to coverup and what they did in their efforts to bury us and steal what rightfully belongs to me. I take issue with their fraud, their bully actions, their theft of personal property, their extortion efforts, their counterfeiting of documents, their fraud upon the courts and their attempt to forego proper payments, etc... for using the land that Rod and I legally own. Who wouldn't? You call it a "boogeyman with no teeth" when in fact they believe that illegal acts are rightfully theirs to commit as they see fit. I said, we need pipelines. What we do not need is the massive abuse that they so willingly perpetrate to get their way. I have no issues with anyone who is rich but I do have and take issue with anyone who used theft, fraud, illegal measures, unethical acts, power over other peoples finances for the sake of power to do as they please and deception to get it. I also take issue with irresponsible companies who fail to meet their environmental obligations like trying to keep pipelines raking in money for them beyond the safe life of the said pipes installed.

If they are unwilling to replace worn out pipelines at the end stage of the life of the pipes they do not need them and should not have them. Koch brothers, Excel or whoever else needs to be held fully accountable for not taking full responsible and reasonable efforts to insure leaks and spills are not happening. Just selling your liability to some poor unknowable fool willing to invest in those old lines when it reaches the end of its lifespan should be illegal.

Never gave it a thought until we tried to find out why they pulled so many illegal acts against us. Hadn't even had the land fully surveyed at the point we bought it all. Didn't have a clue and truthfully would have never even looked at it all if they had not done what they did. Thing is though I own that pipeline if you get down to the legalities of it all because it is a patent deed. I didn't know it was a patent deed when we bought it either. Again, wouldn't have given it all a second thought if they had not did what they did. Didn't have time to as we were busy working on building a small mom and pop mine operation (not an easy task if you have any knowledge of that field). Yet since we do own it by law and patent deed I am pretty sure they owe us a heck of a good chunk from the use of our property for the last twenty plus years which they haven't paid for and reparations for their unlawful acts against us, all the personal property damage and stolen, loss of business through their business interference, etc. etc...

Think about it the average person really does not have time for all the bullshit tossed out there as they are busy working and living. By the time you learn about these things you are so buried in bullshit and lies its pretty tough to deal with it all. Crooks and thugs depend on that from what I've seen.

No attorney willing to take them on a big reason. Call after call one finally told me, "If they did all that to you what do you think they will do to me?" Very corrupt courts. Buried in litigation, lies and bs. Very sick another. They lucked out when I had to have a small tumor removed that was causing major issues, couldn't even make my voice work at that point and one judge was very crappy about that, next I was covered in chemicals at a place of employment while we were trying to get on our feet financially (most people have no clue what it is like to be stripped financially and no help whatsoever) and those chemical assholes lied their asses off to cover their own asses, refused to let me know what the chemical actually was and had no Internet for years to seek and search out what it actually was, they held that all up while hoping I would die is my best guess on all that, politics (some dems in my mind are very corrupt but couldn't do it if republicans were not complicit), sick again but the next one was a 22 lb tumor (chemicals I think just helped that grow into such a beast) and between that and still trying to survive from the chemical exposure damage, Rod lost his sight and was legally blind until spring of last year when they did surgery. That's without all the other little details added in like no dependable vehicle to even get to a doctor when needed. Still working to get over damage the 22 lb tumor created and trying to overcome one piece and part at a time while trying to make sure groceries, etc...life in general when you hit over 60... I've been told fraud upon the court has no statute of limitations but that remains to be seen. Finally; If justice doesn't come one way I have no doubt that it comes another even if those who did it all cannot recognize it as God creates all things to insure justice in this world and the next.

Edit Note added: Our justice department and banking system as you should very well know covers its own and the private citizen be damned if they think it will affect the markets. Why do you think by 2007 the whole banking system was crashing? Also, most attorneys are absolute chicken shitz, many will sell out a client on a whim and to take on such a case takes a firm willing to do it whom hasn't already sold their souls to the banks and the insurance companies. There was one that claimed for $25,000.00 he'd get the land cleared up but where does one come up with $25,000.00 when they have been financially stripped to the bone? Keep in mind neither Rod nor I have those big college degrees to depend upon, we were always working class that made our own way, we built from the ground up literally and did the work ourselves always to begin with and did without to make payroll to get started in anything we ever did plus we used our own money and resources first.

Last edited:

Way to misrepresent the proposed legislation. The bill in question clearly refers to destruction of property that is deemed to be critical infrastructure. Let me guess, you didn't actually read it.

(c)(1) Any person who willfully and knowingly trespasses or enters property containing a critical infrastructure facility without permission by the owner of the property or lawful occupant thereof is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by a fine of not less than $500, or confined in jail not less than 30 days nor more than one year, or both fined and confined. If the intent of the trespasser is to willfully damage, destroy, vandalize, deface, tamper with equipment, or impede or inhibit operations of the critical infrastructure facility, the person is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not less than $1,000 or imprisoned in a state correctional facility for not less than one nor more than three years, or both fined and imprisoned.

(2) Any person who willfully damages, destroys, vandalizes, defaces or tampers with equipment in a critical infrastructure facility is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not less than $2,000 or imprisoned in a state correctional facility for a term of not less than one year nor more than five years, or both fined and imprisoned.

HB 4615 Text

Facts are your friend.

Way to misrepresent the proposed legislation. The bill in question clearly refers to destruction of property that is deemed to be critical infrastructure. Let me guess, you didn't actually read it.

(c)(1) Any person who willfully and knowingly trespasses or enters property containing a critical infrastructure facility without permission by the owner of the property or lawful occupant thereof is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by a fine of not less than $500, or confined in jail not less than 30 days nor more than one year, or both fined and confined. If the intent of the trespasser is to willfully damage, destroy, vandalize, deface, tamper with equipment, or impede or inhibit operations of the critical infrastructure facility, the person is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not less than $1,000 or imprisoned in a state correctional facility for not less than one nor more than three years, or both fined and imprisoned.

(2) Any person who willfully damages, destroys, vandalizes, defaces or tampers with equipment in a critical infrastructure facility is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not less than $2,000 or imprisoned in a state correctional facility for a term of not less than one year nor more than five years, or both fined and imprisoned.

HB 4615 Text

Facts are your friend.
(c)(1) Any person who willfully and knowingly trespasses or enters property containing a critical infrastructure facility without permission by the owner of the property or lawful occupant thereof is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by a fine of not less than $500, or confined in jail not less than 30 days nor more than one year, or both fined and confined.

If the intent of the trespasser is to willfully damage, destroy, vandalize, deface, tamper with equipment, or impede or inhibit operations of the critical infrastructure facility, the person is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not less than $1,000 or imprisoned in a state correctional facility for not less than one nor more than three years, or both fined and imprisoned.

Reading this it sounds like if a person even walks upon a such property in protest they will be subject to a charge, jail and fine; and then if...intent...penalties worsen. Am I wrong?

If you fuck with someones business and it costs them a bunch of money, you should be locked away in prison. You dont get to ruin someones business without consequences.

Whereas if someone's business fucks with, say, your health, you need to shut the fuck up, amirite?

I keep thinking of this infamous fascist incident --

If their business is legal, then fuck off.

No attorney willing to take them on a big reason. Call after call one finally told me, "If they did all that to you what do you think they will do to me?" Very corrupt courts. Buried in litigation, lies and bs. Very sick another. They lucked out when I had to have a small tumor removed that was causing major issues, couldn't even make my voice work at that point and one judge was very crappy about that, next I was covered in chemicals at a place of employment while we were trying to get on our feet financially (most people have no clue what it is like to be stripped financially and no help whatsoever) and those chemical assholes lied their asses off to cover their own asses, refused to let me know what the chemical actually was and had no Internet for years to seek and search out what it actually was, they held that all up while hoping I would die is my best guess on all that, politics (some dems in my mind are very corrupt but couldn't do it if republicans were not complicit), sick again but the next one was a 22 lb tumor (chemicals I think just helped that grow into such a beast) and between that and still trying to survive from the chemical exposure damage, Rod lost his sight and was legally blind until spring of last year when they did surgery. That's without all the other little details added in like no dependable vehicle to even get to a doctor when needed. Still working to get over damage the 22 lb tumor created and trying to overcome one piece and part at a time while trying to make sure groceries, etc...life in general when you hit over 60... I've been told fraud upon the court has no statute of limitations but that remains to be seen. Finally; If justice doesn't come one way I have no doubt that it comes another even if those who did it all cannot recognize it as God creates all things to insure justice in this world and the next.

Edit Note added: Our justice department and banking system as you should very well know covers its own and the private citizen be damned if they think it will affect the markets. Why do you think by 2007 the whole banking system was crashing? Also, most attorneys are absolute chicken shitz, many will sell out a client on a whim and to take on such a case takes a firm willing to do it whom hasn't already sold their souls to the banks and the insurance companies. There was one that claimed for $25,000.00 he'd get the land cleared up but where does one come up with $25,000.00 when they have been financially stripped to the bone? Keep in mind neither Rod nor I have those big college degrees to depend upon, we were always working class that made our own way, we built from the ground up literally and did the work ourselves always to begin with and did without to make payroll to get started in anything we ever did plus we used our own money and resources first.

If you had a case you should have found some pro bono group DYING to try it.

The issue here is I am only hearing YOUR side of the story, so honestly how can I judge the veracity of your statements?

HB 4615 Text

Facts are your friend.
(c)(1) Any person who willfully and knowingly trespasses or enters property containing a critical infrastructure facility without permission by the owner of the property or lawful occupant thereof is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by a fine of not less than $500, or confined in jail not less than 30 days nor more than one year, or both fined and confined.

If the intent of the trespasser is to willfully damage, destroy, vandalize, deface, tamper with equipment, or impede or inhibit operations of the critical infrastructure facility, the person is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not less than $1,000 or imprisoned in a state correctional facility for not less than one nor more than three years, or both fined and imprisoned.

Reading this it sounds like if a person even walks upon a such property in protest they will be subject to a charge, jail and fine; and then if...intent...penalties worsen. Am I wrong?

The first part is pretty standard trespass law, nothing strange about it.

The 2nd part is for morons who cement themselves to the ground inside the facility and disrupt its normal operation.

Even then, unless they have done it over and over there are plea bargains

If you fuck with someones business and it costs them a bunch of money, you should be locked away in prison. You dont get to ruin someones business without consequences.

Whereas if someone's business fucks with, say, your health, you need to shut the fuck up, amirite?

Hm, fascists make everything they do sound legal before the slaughter.

Luckily fascism doesnt exist in our nation, so no one gets slaughtered.

Standard law and order is not fascism. Jesus Christ...

HB 4615 Text

Facts are your friend.

The first part is pretty standard trespass law, nothing strange about it.

The 2nd part is for morons who cement themselves to the ground inside the facility and disrupt its normal operation.

Even then, unless they have done it over and over there are plea bargains
So if the owner of the property gives permission for protestors to be there but the company claiming easement rights doesn't a person can be charged, jailed and fined?

It is if the standard gives preferential treatment over and above the rights of an individual and creates a potential hazard for those living on the land. Hell, the mullah's of Iran and other Islamic shit-holes have a "Standard law" they claim to adhere to also.

It is if the standard gives preferential treatment over and above the rights of an individual and creates a potential hazard for those living on the land. Hell, the mullah's of Iran and other Islamic shit-holes have a "Standard law" they claim to adhere to also.

You're "rights as an individual" do not extend to destroying another's property or interfering with their business, brainlet. And your arbitrary claim of a "potential hazard" is equally senseless. The road in front of your house is a potential hazard - a car could fly off of it and crash right through your front door. Are you screaming at the government for building it?

You're "rights as an individual" do not extend to destroying another's property or interfering with their business, brainlet. And your arbitrary claim of a "potential hazard" is equally senseless. The road in front of your house is a potential hazard - a car could fly off of it and crash right through your front door. Are you screaming at the government for building it?
It is already proven that the pipelines that are old leak. It is a fact that these companies sell the pipelines when they are outdated instead of replacing the older lines. Facts are not assumptions. It is comparable to forcing everyone by law to use ethanol crap whether they want to or not and even if that ethanol destroys the engines in their cars which are privately owned property too.

Wow, going Godwin....

"Fascism" was already established from the beginning here. What do you want, a Franco reference?

Forum List

Back