Bill Maher is Wrong---Americans Aren't Stupid

NoTeaPartyPleez

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2012
Americans aren't all that stupid after all.

I feel very proud to be an American when I see things like this:

'Duck Dynasty' returns to big ratings drop

'Duck Dynasty' returns to big ratings drop looks like Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson's anti-gay sentiments and the controversy they created may have had a serious effect on viewers after all.

The Season 5 premiere on Wednesday of the A&E reality show drew 8.5 million viewers, down sharply from the nearly 12 million that tuned in for the Season 4 opener in August.""

Wow! That's a 1/3rd of their audience. Bwahahahahahhaaaaa----couldn't happen to a bigger asshole.

Last edited:
I wont say he's an asshole but I will say that you control what you say but you cannot control the reaction or consequences of what you say. He's finding that out right now but I doubt they'll be cancelled anytime soon

Yes, Americans are stupid. REAL fuckin' stupid.

Never watched that show. Never plan too either.

'Duck Dynasty' returns to big ratings drop looks like Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson's anti-gay sentiments and the controversy they created may have had a serious effect on viewers after all.

The Season 5 premiere on Wednesday of the A&E reality show drew 8.5 million viewers, down sharply from the nearly 12 million that tuned in for the Season 4 opener in August.""

Wow! That's a 1/3rd of their audience. Bwahahahahahhaaaaa----couldn't happen to a bigger asshole.

What about this part?
To be fair, last winter's premiere of the show drew 8.6 million viewers.

After the controversy started we tuned it in when A&E was running back to back episodes. It's truly the most dumb-downed thing I've ever seen. After about 20 minutes of watching his sons play makeshift basketball in the warehouse and then listening to their 3rd grade level conversation at the dinner table about how to hunt possums, we had had enough. There really is no there there.

What about this part?
To be fair, last winter's premiere of the show drew 8.6 million viewers.

Ya' got me. I don't know the history of the show or how long it's been on the air. But generally networks don't like to see 33% of their viewers disappear at any time.

I hate that show with all my heart and soul, but I am different to the controversy. I wasn't at first I will admit.

I hate that show with all my heart and soul, but I am different to the controversy. I wasn't at first I will admit.

Oh, and Bill Maher is right on most things. There really isn't a political commentator that's better.

After the controversy started we tuned it in when A&E was running back to back episodes. It's truly the most dumb-downed thing I've ever seen. After about 20 minutes of watching his sons play makeshift basketball in the warehouse and then listening to their 3rd grade level conversation at the dinner table about how to hunt possums, we had had enough. There really is no there there.

Sounds like fox, msnbc, and cnn....3rd grade journalism.

I agree. Bill Maher is wrong. And Americans are not stupid. Just the people who listen to Bill Maher.

As for Duck Dynasty, it was an awesome season premiere. Thank God for DVR.

Which btw isnt factored into the ratings.

Oh, and Bill Maher is right on most things. There really isn't a political commentator that's better.

You hate a tv show with all your heart and soul? Please get some help.

Can you imagine getting all worked up over some show on television because their ratings have droppoed?

Maher was right, some Americans are stupid, shallow and petty

Ratings drop (if true) at a reality show make you proud to be an American? Could you be any more superficial and unserious?

Bill Maher and pundits like him are arrogant.....Americans are not stupid.

Who cares? 8 million is still a lot of viewers for a cable TV show anyway.

Ratings drop (if true) at a reality show make you proud to be an American? Could you be any more superficial and unserious?

Yes he/she could.

Kind of ironic though isn't it? Using reality show ratings to try to prove people aren't stupid. It's just a stupid argument.

I agree. Bill Maher is wrong. And Americans are not stupid. Just the people who listen to Bill Maher.

Exactly!

Why suffer thru commercials for about one sixth of the total time slot for a program, when using your DVR one can avoid doing that.

I recorded the season opener and watched this morning and enjoyed it.

The humor in the show is down-to-earth, sometimes more subtle than one might expect from a show about self-admitted rednecks, and most of all, it is delivered without shouting, yelling screaming, peppered with vulgar profanity as Bill Maher, Jon Stewart and their ilk feel they have to to appeal to their vulgar and profane liberal audience.

Let me predict that the show will be a resounding success, again, and the real stupid Americans are those who pay attention to what Bill Maher vomits up.

Exactly!

Why suffer thru commercials for about one sixth of the total time slot for a program, when using your DVR one can avoid doing that.

I recorded the season opener and watched this morning and enjoyed it.

The humor in the show is down-to-earth, sometimes more subtle than one might expect from a show about self-admitted rednecks, and most of all, it is delivered without shouting, yelling screaming, peppered with vulgar profanity as Bill Maher, Jon Stewart and their ilk feel they have to to appeal to their vulgar and profane liberal audience.

Let me predict that the show will be a resounding success, again, and the real stupid Americans are those who pay attention to what Bill Maher vomits up.

I DVRed it as well. it was awesome. NACHO!

Forum List

Back